Jul 16, 2018
Ah shoot... another real world update
:cry:
I really hope the dev will stay in the fantasy world. 99% of the VNs are already about the boring real world. It's the fantasy which makes for fun characters.

Jul 16, 2018
This will have both so you better get ready for that......which I'm happy for since my favs are in the "real" world.
Ok, I get that. But, for me the interesting part of this VN is that there are all sorts of fantasy characters which make for more interesting things to look at. In the real world you only have 'normal' humans. In the fantasy world the dev can come up with any crazy thing for any new character.

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
Ok, I get that. But, for me the interesting part of this VN is that there are all sorts of fantasy characters which make for more interesting things to look at. In the real world you only have 'normal' humans. In the fantasy world the dev can come up with any crazy thing for any new character.
well, at some point they might even bring the fantasy characters into this world or the other way around. Be prepared ;)

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys.
Does anyone have any experience with Steam?
We were thinking of putting the game there too.

How does it work? At what price? How does it work with future updates?
Do you think there's enough content already?
Is the English translation at least acceptable?

Thanks for anyone who wants to help.

Reactions: jhonatanw

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Hi guys.

All I know is Steam gets very angry when people release free version of their games elsewhere after posting it to Steam.
So you couldn't post your game to steam and continue to have Public Releases.

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
All I know is Steam gets very angry when people release free version of their games elsewhere after posting it to Steam.
So you couldn't post your game to steam and continue to have Public Releases.
And how does everyone else do that?

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
Hi guys.

Well as a noob to steam let me tell you this. Right now you are making a wonderful game. I really love it! And, reading for several years going to Patreon, steam or elsewhere will give you rules to obey. Look at other games here going into deep trouble. Being taking off, having nothing.

On the other hand, I understand that you want to earn some money for the hard and NICE work you are doing.

The only thing I can say is: Count your blessings and make the right decision. As in Starwars: May the force be with you!

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Hi guys.

Are we talking about making money standpoint or a advertising standpoint ?

Money- If your project requires funding (always) steam is a bad idea + 1time purchase plus all updates are free no extra money required for the customer.

Advertising- You have completed first season and no extra need for updates or fixes. Money is made for that season (project) and you don't do anything extra.

it all depends on what is your goal. money or trying to get the word out for your game.

Last edited:

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Are we talking about making money standpoint or a advertising standpoint ?

Money- If your project requires funding (always) steam is a bad idea + 1time purchase plus all updates are free no extra money required for the customer.

Advertising- You have completed first season and no extra need for updates or fixes. Money is made for that season (project) and you don't do anything extra.

it all depends on what is your goal. money or trying to get the word out for your game.
Both?

The idea was to get to Chapter 10 and try to put it on steam. Let's consider it season 1.

Continue the various updates normally on patreon.
Then upload the second season, (chapter 11 to 20), when finished, on steam.

Is this the wrong way? Since there will always be the full game on patreon anyway.

We need to find out more about this for sure.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Both?

The idea was to get to Chapter 10 and try to put it on steam. Let's consider it season 1.

Continue the various updates normally on patreon.
Then upload the second season, (chapter 11 to 20), when finished, on steam.

Is this the wrong way? Since there will always be the full game on patreon anyway.

We need to find out more about this for sure.
So lets say Chapter 10 is season1 and that counts as complete and doesn't require anymore fixes then yes
You can post that on Steam since its a complete season without needing to update or fix.

The same could be said about 11 to 20 (season 2) when its complete.

But lets say you decided to put Season 2 up on steam while it still being made then that would be placed with a Early Access badge (lets say) and that would mean all updates (patches + fixes) would be free for those who purchase it on steam.

Now Steam has there own process as well and might ask for some requirements to be implemented before they approve the game in there store. Also a one-time fee of US$100 to place your game in the store.

I hope this doesn't count as off-topic but here

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i hope this helps some

Also there might be a small copyright issue due to the witcher neckless MC has in the start. so you might be forced to remake that render if processing with putting the game on steam.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
So lets say Chapter 10 is season1 and that counts as complete and doesn't require anymore fixes then yes
You can post that on Steam since its a complete season without needing to update or fix.

The same could be said about 11 to 20 (season 2) when its complete.

But lets say you decided to put Season 2 up on steam while it still being made then that would be placed with a Early Access badge (lets say) and that would mean all updates (patches + fixes) would be free for those who purchase it on steam.

Now Steam has there own process as well and might ask for some requirements to be implemented before they approve the game in there store. Also a one-time fee of US$100 to place your game in the store.

I hope this doesn't count as off-topic but here

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i hope this helps some

Also there might be a small copyright issue due to the witcher neckless MC has in the start. so you might be forced to remake that render if processing with putting the game on steam.
Thank you very much, very kind.
Let's say after reading, maybe it's better to wait a bit and figure out what to do.
The copyright thing could also be a problem.

Reactions: tmu500 and Reniere

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Thank you very much, very kind.
Let's say after reading, maybe it's better to wait a bit and figure out what to do.
The copyright thing could also be a problem.
For advertising you might want to do some Cross-promotion with other dev (Collaborations) to promote your game through there's
Like Shoutouts in there pages or shoutouts in there games. but that isnt my field of knowledge so you might have to either ask
someone with that knowledge or speak to another dev

4.10 star(s) 52 Votes