Ren'Py Abandoned How To Build A Harem [v0.3.3] [Studio Mystic]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Ok, I'll look into it for sure... May save me some time over than manually saving each image again. Btw does anyone know if it's better to release updates more or less often? Because I generally like to keep stuff updated fairly often, but obviously don't want to hype people up over bug patches. Like I just found a bug right after releasing this morning, so I kinda wanna fix that and roll out 0.1.1 with some extra content in short order.
It's a catch 22. Followers will complain when updates take too long even if they are big and others will complain about small updates even if they are quick. Some just live to complain.

My simple advice is update how you want to. State that is how you are going to do and stick to it as best as you can. Will that stop complainers? No, but this is your baby do it your way.

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Ok, I'll look into it for sure... May save me some time over than manually saving each image again. Btw does anyone know if it's better to release updates more or less often? Because I generally like to keep stuff updated fairly often, but obviously don't want to hype people up over bug patches. Like I just found a bug right after releasing this morning, so I kinda wanna fix that and roll out 0.1.1 with some extra content in short order.
It's a catch 22. Followers will complain when updates take too long even if they are big and others will complain about small updates even if they are quick. Some just live to complain.

My simple advice is update how you want to. State that is how you are going to do and stick to it as best as you can. Will that stop complainers? No, but this is your baby do it your way.
Totally agree with what Spfjolietjake has said, let us know how often you plan to release an update, try to stick to it as best u can, if you have to delay the update please let us know(nothing worse than expecting an update because the dev said it will be out this day, and to tell us a week or 2 later that it's been delayed lol)

As for bug fixes maybe just release a patch/hotfix rather than having us redownload the whole game?

Also i guess you've taken alot of inspiration from HH? (Harem Hotel) :D (not complaining or anything love that game, was the 1st thing i thought of when i saw the banner for this game lol)

The fact that we get a game so similar to HH, but with different characters, different location/time period, story has a familiar feeling but again not complaining, if it's anywhere near as good as HH then this is a game I'll be keeping an eye on(y)

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Yes, I enjoyed playing Harem Hotel quite a bit. I'll try to make How To Build A Harem as unique as possible. Though it is the same concept isn't it lol. Instead of a hotel, we got a guildhall. :LOL: Hopefully nobody minds the likeness.
Like I said, I'm not complaining as i really enjoy HH and I'm sure anyone else that enjoys it will not mind the likeness, all the great developers take concepts from the games they've played before which usually leads to a great new game(with some exceptions lol)

Also you have different charcaters a different location/time period(being a native Englishman im quite fond of the Medieval time period lol) so it isn't as if you've straight up ripped off HH and just pushed out a straight up clone like alot of devs do these days.

The only issue so far is file size to content ratio, for the small amount of content so far this game in my opinion should be nowhere near 4.3gb maybe try working on this for the future lol, that being said I have added this game to my watch list and am looking forward to see what you have in terms of future content (y)

Sheppard3rd

Jul 2, 2017
Played it looks fun... only the sandbox is not my favorite kind of stuff.. Still going to follow it.

tricksyg

Sep 26, 2019
Just make sure to update the changelog with exactly what's changed and you can do the updates as frequently (or not) as you like. That way I can do my own judgement call on whether or not I should wait an update or download the new one right away.
Nothing irks me like games who dont update the changelog :p
Anyway, will keep an eye on this, I like the premise and HH-style games so see you in a few months :)

Oh and btw, the screenshots in the OP are tiny af, can't judge the quality at all. Never would have thought you made the game in 4K ;D

Studio Mystic

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2020
Updated the screenshots for the itch io page. Currently converting everything into JPG atm. Apparently PNGs are massive files. Added Sera to the bedroom at nighttime and got her menu working. May save her h-scenes for next update though since I want to take a minute to write some believable dialogue there.

SlaveStates

Oct 31, 2018
Updated the screenshots for the itch io page. Currently converting everything into JPG atm. Apparently PNGs are massive files. Added Sera to the bedroom at nighttime and got her menu working. May save her h-scenes for next update though since I want to take a minute to write some believable dialogue there.
are the new standard for size and quality. It will make a huge difference.
Rendering to 4k is very time consuming, but publishing anything above 1080 is for the most part just wasting space.
One day we will all have three 4k monitors on our desktops, but it wont be 2020.

Nice game so far

czenris

May 26, 2020
Yes!! Another Harem HS game. Nice. This is so exciting, so many nice harem games released recently.
Art looks goood. I like the parrot girl in the banner.

I hope it's goood. Gonna download this. Be back when I'm done.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well, I am going to buck the trend, as long as there is a nopy link, fuck how big it is if it is decent looking, and so far, for the most part, I like the way How to Build a Harem Hotel looks.:p

I have been a 10 buck a month patreon for Harem Hotel since January, so I ain't complaining, although the maid elf looks like the lower eyeliner was put on in the wrong spot.

Not a bad start, would have liked the dev to have put a quick mini walkthrough, I know not really needed, but would be nice to see what you can actually do so far, other than meet the receptionist, and Sera, the blonde drunk, and the angry twins, and fuck the receptionist.

Those twins need good deep breeding.

Reactions: SlaveStates

HylTin

Aug 29, 2018
Yeah very good and really like the style like Runey/Harem Hotel but I think you are too much close to his game... Be careful because if we like this kind of games, we don't like copy at all (I don't say it is but there is not much step between your work and his)... so you will have some work to make it a little more unique than the game of Runey.... But keep going! I'm waiting and exciting to see what you've planned for the next versions! Definitely will follow your work!

Reactions: Silihdar34 (RF)

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Kind of clicky.. 8 clicks to go through door till first words with Sera. That is going to get pretty annoying.
Since it's such a copy of Harem Hotel, I hope you had the developers blessings for this game.
The sex scene seemed to happen awfully quick with no build-up. But that's probably just me.

Having said that, I'm very glad to have another game like this since I like HH so much. I very much look forward to the next update and enjoyed this release. Hopefully the Dev will keep pursuing multiple story lines and not have this be too linear as well.
Best of luck
Thanks for the game.

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes