VN - Ren'Py - How to Fix the Future [v0.3.1] [mr.moonmi]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Hahn1900

Just excellent...

Very nice Renders, in fact i like the models of the girls most out of all games i played so far aorund here.

Interesting story, i dont like timetrevel stories... most of the time i hate them... but if you keep them simple they work fine, like back to the future, the time machine... they are held simple in a small environment without getting to complex, and than its works perfectly. Other movies or books want to tell too much complex things and than its getting ridiculous.

So an advise to the DEV, keep the timetravleing thing SIMPLE. Or it is getting out of hand an than just absurd.

So back to it... many different girls and characters, with different background and behavior, i like that... of course, everyone follows a certain stereotype for itself, but thats ok.

The dialogues are very good, nearly flawless english too (if you dont use mods, dont blame the DEV if you use mods and get engrish... its not on him) with a good portion humour, and everything needed to get you entertained. time flew by reading this VN.

Different kind of kinks are served too... not everything is my thing, but you can avoid everythign you want, and see what you desire... perfect balance.

As i get it, there is no option for a harem. And i like that, harem games are kinda dumb, they are just for the fap... story driven games with harem are making no sense at all. But i can sense that there is a way to be with more than just one girl in the end...

Getting to the lewd scenes... for this amount of content in a story driven game, there is already pretty much lewd going on. I would say, the scenes are ok, nothing that i rember long i think... the lewd content is not the strong trait of the game and the DEV.

The animations are above average, but most of the time very short. But put really effort in them and they are a plus to the game. I like them overall, but they could be much better. But for a one-man-crew with not that good hardware as he states, its okay like this.

Background music is nearly perfect, like that very much... adding very much to the mood and fits perfectly every scene, keep that up!

The characters are all likeable, some more, some less, but everyone is at least interesting (besides Jacob, can do without him so far... but maybe he wil get his part too in the future) and you can already start to care for everyone, even the dominatrix.

Overall its a 5 star game so far, but still at the beginning. Its more like an intro, a pretty long one.

pros

- perfect renders
    - interesting setting and story
    - good background music
    - likeable MC with decent looks, and kinda "average" not the "perfect buffed muscle girl magnet" we can see in so many other games. Well of course he has a magic dick... but that was to be expected.
    - interesting characters with really good looking models
    - decent animations (maybe the only part of the game whit lot space for improvement, but it doesnt matter that much to me)
    - decent amoutn of content so far its only 8 months since the initial relase...

cons:

nothing comes to mind so far.

Hope the updates will come in. the DEV is doing everything alone, ok he is by far not the only one out there, but not many are trying to deliver this high quality as a side job, hope he can pull it off in the future.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

LadPo947

Amazing renders, so high quality and good amount of story
    Great credit to you as a new developer, love the different options and can't wait to see what comes next in any future updates. Absolutely smashing it so far keep it coming and I hit it the patreon too man
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Sennistrasz

It's time for storywriters to move on from stupid MCs who doesn't know what he wants (other than to bang his mother), always can't tell what's happening around him and keeps asking stupid questions, yet inexplicably have everything fall into place around him, and he's somehow a hero even though he didn't do anything. The side characters are great, even Octavia, who can be divisive amongst players, have a strong direction of who they are and what they want (and it's not like we're given agency to make those choices either).

This mirrors the game itself: the worldbuilding develops really well, but the main story is a bit lost, it doesn't know where it's going. The overarching big idea is there, but the substance and the details need to be fleshed out quickly.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

LeviHackerman

Overall 10/10

Not every game is for everybody. I am reading some of the other reviews and, honestly for some of them, I really don't know what they're complaining about. The games art work is visually stunning! The writing was GREAT. I didn't have any issues with the characters or their backstories. If the main character was this Rockstar at life then he wouldnt be so accepting of being thrust into a position to change the future and, save the world. He would be too busy trying to get back to the life he already established for himself. I only wish I had more choices and more chances to put people in their place. But I am 100% Keeping my eyes on this one. This could easily be Top 10 Games on here, arguably Top 5.

To the DEV: Great job! Keep up the good work! You've got a fan!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

WillyJohnFargo

It's pretty good. Story seems to be a primary focus, so the sexy stuff is secondary, and that's a bit disappointing. It's difficult to avoid comparing to other titles, because it's got a whole bunch of ringing similarities, which is actually a positive in this case.
    I will be watching, this could eventually end up being one in the top 5 on F95, or it could slip into obscurity. Will depend on the dev. I wish him/her/them/it good luck and godspeed.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

hyperjack38

Character design and renders are very good but almost every other aspect of the game is bad. The story is dumb and the character personalities and development is abysmal. The animations are bad and the game would be better off without them. The dialogue and story feels very immature. Would not recommend at all if you care about any thing other than the visuals cause it's bad.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

AleksaZec1

6/10 Overall
    4/10 Animations
    3/10 Story
    8/10 Character design
    4/10 Character development
    8/10 Quality

Game gives you options to reject some things but in the end in doesn't matter, This Octavia seems to be more focused on her fantases and kinks than actually saving the world, and story is quite incompletre and weird, The renders are nice tho, we will see where it goes from here because it is in its early development. Meh
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Demonic Presence

I decided to give this game 3 stars based on what I've seen from the story, the writing isn't necessarily bad but it's not great. This whole forced to save the world thing had me intrigued at first but knowing you have to deal with some tyrant with control issues is a big let down. Luckily, there's ways to "disobey" her but you have to ask the question if the fate of the world is really at stake, why is being dominated important? Don't we have more important things to worry about?
  9. 5.00 star(s)

DABOMB00

Ok so far the game looks really great. The renders are just gorgeous and the women look amazing. By the looks of it you can avoid kinks that dont interest you which seems nice and the story is sometimes a little bit far fetched but is mostly very enjoyable. I can wholeheartedly recommend this game to anyone
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Joacho

I have mixed feelings after playing this VN. I don't want to be discouraging, but would like to suggest some things that, in my humble opinion, would help improve the quality of the VN's narrative. However, I will start off with the good:

THE GOOD
    • Renders: it is obvious that lots of effort has been put into the renders. The shadows are well managed and the characters pop from their environment. The images are far from flat. Props to the developer on this!
    • The women: phwoarrrr. Nuff said.
    • The premise: the setting and overall premise of the story is interesting and is a great setup for a "You got more than you bargained for" type of story, where the author can comment on the unpredictability of life i.e. the butterfly effect.
    • NO SANDBOX!!!! Huzzah! I hope it stays this way.
    THE COULD BE IMPROVED
    • The MC is unlikeable and unrelatable: he is your typical loser late teenager. He is shown to be incompetent (sleeps at job), not proactive in changing his situation (plays video games all day), and not sympathetic: he has no problems other than disliking his job, but even his desire of a more purposeful life is voiced by him after he has been given some purpose.
      • An incompetent character is an unlikeable character, unless sympathy is established with the character through other means (e.g. personal struggles, humour etc.).
    • The MC rambles a lot in his thoughts. Given that MC is unlikeable, the monologues become uninteresting and tedious. The inner dialogues should be minimized as much as possible, if not removed. The monologue when MC fell down over a girl was particularly painful.
    • Some of the humour does not land because of the clumsy wording. More thorough editing or removing those lines could help.

There are plot holes in the story (spoiler section). This is the main stuff that ruins the narrative for me:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All this is not meant to be disparaging, but instead highlight to the developer that this VN could be truly outstanding and something special if the narrative and characters were tightened up. I wish the developer all the best for the future.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

broho1234

Amazing game, played version 0.2.2:
    -story: excellent, it carries the game and captivates the player
    -female models: amazing, especially Octavia which is mesmerizing, a true Roman empress
    -music: very good, varied, creates the right atmosphere
    -sex scenes: only a few so far but the game sets up for great ones
    -also includes a beautiful and feminine chick with dick
    Highly recommended, one of the best I've ever played.
    Cannot wait to see what happens next.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Rolo

I am spechless. Rarely have met such a thrilling story in decades – I mean even cinema blockbusters included. Also I found myself breathless – highly pumped up with adrenalin – the thrill was almost unbearable.

Also graphics are awesome, excellent. The whole project has drawn me in totally.

My top favorite game atm, and definitely in the All-Time top 5.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

I_Only_Support_Real_Onez

This is for v0.2.2... The first thing that stuck out to me were the gorgeous renders at the beginning of the game. Then I started to notice that the writing was pretty damn good with the story plot and dialogue. This has all the ingredients in it to be one of the top 1% games on this site. Most of the models I havent seen before in other games which is a giant plus. BJ being a hard masochist had me laughing because I enjoy some humor in the games I play. Theres easily more than 5 hours of content so far if you use the auto button. Keep up the fantastic work dev looking forward to more of this.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Guy Axworthy

The renders can be seen by everyone just by looking at the preview photos. I honestly find them to be in the top 1% when it comes to their quality.

Dev managed to create gorgeous characters while at the same time keeping the natural proportions for the women.

Story-wise it's still in the begining, but so far it really helps lay the groundwork for what's to come.

If there is anything I would change, are the interactions between Octavia and the MC. However I strongly believe that after a few more updates things will even out and make more sense.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Harveztrau

What exactly is the future? It is through the knowledge and the philosophy of nature that we propose to find the answer to this general question. We find nature before us as an enigma and a problem, the solution of which seems to both attract and repel us; it attracts us in that spirit has a presentiment of itself in nature; it repulses us in that nature is an alienation in which spirit does not find itself From this arose Aristotle's dictum that philosophy has its origin in wonder. We begin to observe, and we collect data from the multifarious formations and laws of nature, which may be pursued for their own sake into endless detail in all directions; and because we can see no end to this procedure, it leaves us unsatisfied. What is more, despite all this wealth of knowledge, the question, ' What exactly is the future? ' can always be asked and never completely answered.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

DontCareWhatYouCallMe

Positives:
    - Very nice renders
    - Interesting story

Negatives:
    - Multiple characters don't act like a human would including MC

This is mostly story related so I will explain it below
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Dr. MAD

I don't want to give a template review of this game project. I will be guided only by my impressions from reading this game. As a developer I am well aware of the difficulties encountered in the development process... Lack of enough PC power to work, difficulties in translation and adaptation of texts for a wide audience, especially if you are not a native English speaker. Music that you have to scavenge through a pile of free junk. The game is still at the start, and it's a very good start!

Now I want to flatter the developer (I know how nice and important this is). The rendering in the game is delightful! Beautiful everything, the color, the light... When you see this rendering - you realize how much time and effort it took the person to give us this exciting hour and a half of the game. The characters in the game are detailed. Each character has their own special charm in the look, which accentuates their individuality and nature in a very clever way. My favorite: the rebellious Chloe. I read the game in its original language and it is delightful! The story is interesting and gripping. I loved the way the author tied in with the story, the high emotional connection to the mother, the scene where she worries about her son evoked compassion and empathy in me. I am sure that soon a native English-speaker will appear in the development team and help him to adapt the texts correctly and well!

I want to wish the developer a lot of success. Another game added to my personal top 10. My humble support on patreon - a token of gratitude for the excellent work of the developer.

Have a nice day, everyone.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Kionashi

PROS

1.- Interesting concept, the regular dude travelling to the near(ish) future to prevent a believable apocalypse sounds pretty cool.

2.-The characters are well written for the most part.

3.-The renders are pretty well done.

4.-The focus seems to be more on world building and story than gratuitous sex, so that's a fucking win for me. (there are still pretty good sexy scenes though)

5.- Trans content! :love: (not much so far and is avoidable if you are not into that)

6.- The MC is not a 3 legged freak, also is not super ripped, so is easier to believe he is kinda of a regular dude.

7.- Sub dom paths (if you are into that kind of stuff)

CONS

1.- Male characters aren't that well written. There is an ugly bastard that seems to be a irredeemable asshole/harmful stereotype of fat people, and your male buddy in the future is...not amazing so far, but I still have hope he can become a great character though.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Eric_Draven

Warning: Rating may change in the future.

Gameplay/Story:

I appreciate any Dev that listens to reason, while it's important to follow your original plans and goals, it's also important to listen to the base that you're trying to target. I think this Dev has done that. The issue for me early on was no matter what path I chose the MC still submitted to Octavia, which sort of defeats the purpose of Dom.

The Dev corrected it some, which is great. The problem now is the vanilla tag, so if I'm not a beta sub, I'm vanilla? I don't like the wording and hope that tone changes there's ways to make sexy content for those not into dominatrix or bsdm. Still the game has potential, I would like to see the urgency in these characters if the future is in fact in danger. Having private sex parties is worrying, at least this early on if you're the president. Priorities? What Priorities.

Renders/Characters:

Beautiful and simply amazing Renders. It looks incredible on my laptop. The women are hot, especially Octavia. Daisy is beautiful but I would’ve loved if her Trans title was optional like in WVM. She's a 50-50 character which sucks but half are gonna be turned off by the character. Chloe is the best in terms of looks to me, and now she's possibly going to join the main character in the future, which excites me.

Music:

Meh.

I see potential for this game and hope it sticks around.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

onepoopyboi

I'm writing this review for 0.2.1 and will be updating the review for newer versions of the game although not for every small update.
    First of all this game kinda seems similar to Future Man if you guys have seen that series not everything is similar but some things are and also Olga model looks like Evangeline Lily.
    The renders are S-tier, cheers to the dev for that.
    I'm always a sucker for femdom and not gonna lie Octavia is the perfect domme. I love big tiddy women dominating me so I'm really looking forward for scenes with Octavia.
    The rest of the girls are pretty nice in their own way too.
    Olga is the amazonian , I hope to see some femdom scenes with her as well.
    Daisy is a trans and she's hot as well, I'm also looking forward to more of Daisy
    Cathy is the loving and caring girl.
    Chloe seems like a goth and emo but haven't seen her much so I can't say this with certainty.
    Liu seems okay and Riley is fine.
    The story seems interesting however I can't tell much at this point as it's too early.
    Overall the game seems awesome and has a lot of potential.
    If you are a fan of femdom you should definitely try it out.