Tutorial How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

diegol86

Oct 6, 2019
Even *much* better - you can check the corresponding option in the DIM and it will delete it. If you install more then 1 asset it may happen for some reason something is not installed - this way you always will know and install it manually.
ok ty bro, i never used that bc i thought if something goes wrong with the package, I would have to download it again XD

ShaylieX

Jan 20, 2020
ok ty bro, i never used that bc i thought if something goes wrong with the package, I would have to download it again XD
Actually if something goes wrong during the install, the package won't be deleted, since the delete only happens when the package was installed successfully.

Reactions: diegol86

diegol86

Oct 6, 2019
Actually if something goes wrong during the install, the package won't be deleted, since the delete only happens when the package was installed successfully.
yeah i mean after is installed, Like after an update or so.. You never know with this programs

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
If I use the install manager to installa an asset. Can I also uninstall it again? I originally used the "drag and drop into the library" method but that makes it impossible to remove assets later on.

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
If I use the install manager to installa an asset. Can I also uninstall it again? I originally used the "drag and drop into the library" method but that makes it impossible to remove assets later on.
Yes spending the 2 minutes now building the archive and installing it with the DIM will enable you to uninstall it at a later date. Doing it the other way Just leads you into a world of Pain and Anger with a menu full of unuseful / outdated or broken plugin's.

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
I still have some trouble to get it going. I placed the IM .zip in C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads
The Daz Install Manager is the DazCentral? Or is it something else? If no, how do I get the DIM?
If yes, where do I check offline mode, because I cannot find the asset placed in the path above.

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
And what do I do if the asset folder I download contains no IM .zip but just a data, props, runtime etc. folder?

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Its Danny
DIM = Daz Install Manager. Capture.PNG .
Download your plugin.
1 open zip file and Always check file structure is correct.
a. the zip file has file name " IM0000xxxx-xx" and when opened looks like this
Capture.PNG
Close it and drag and drop it to (\\\Daz 3D Base\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads. now open the DIM (Daz install manager pictured above) tick the work off line box, Now install plugin.

oops sorry here's a link for it if you do not have installed.

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
yes, thank you. That was what I was missing. The fact that DazCentral is not the Install Manager, even tho you can install assets with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MashUp47

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
Ah, just one more thing. What if I only have the content folder, nomanifest and no supplement folder within a IM0000xxxx-xx .zip file.

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Ah, just one more thing. What if I only have the content folder, nomanifest and no supplement folder within a IM0000xxxx-xx .zip file.
You can search on the daz store for the SKU/IM number of the plugin/mod and rebuild it or you create your own (making sure the IM number you give it will not conflict with any you have already installed). This can be done using the "Content Package Assist. programme" which will generate the needed Manifest file so you can install it with DIM. OR you can just copy the contents of the "content" folder and paste into (\\Daz 3D Base\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library ) there is ONE big problem doing it this way and that is you will not be able to uninstall it!.

Content Package Assist :https://f95zone.to/threads/content-package-assist.8420/

Reactions: 3D Novelist

lazyman69

Jun 2, 2019
So, I've been trying to install this product: https://f95zone.to/threads/head-game-g8f.30290/ but whatever I try I can't get the morphs to work properly.
I've tried using CPA and Content Wizard, and while both manage to import preset poses (Content Wizard manages to classify poses in smart content) in both cases, the morphs show up as unrecognized files...

So, yeah, I'm a bit stumped and need an adult to figure this shit out for me.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
So, I've been trying to install this product: https://f95zone.to/threads/head-game-g8f.30290/ but whatever I try I can't get the morphs to work properly.
I've tried using CPA and Content Wizard, and while both manage to import preset poses (Content Wizard manages to classify poses in smart content) in both cases, the morphs show up as unrecognized files...

So, yeah, I'm a bit stumped and need an adult to figure this shit out for me.
I don't use auto-install for a long time for 4 reasons:
1. The auto install puts the stuff in Smart content tab and using the smart content tab is counter-productive. Of course the same content can be seen in Content tab too but new users are tempted to use Smart content tab.
2. For some highly secretive reason Daz didn't enforce strict rules about how exactly the content the artists are doing is to be installed. For this reason the installation is a mess - I myself have at least 4 different folders named "Genesis 8". When you use manual install you can see where exactly goes the asset you are installing.
3. 3rd party content providers usually don't prepare their assets for an auto-installation.
4. There are Poser assets which work with Daz too. The latest Poser assets can use auto install, but the older assets cannot.

lazyman69

Jun 2, 2019
I don't use auto-install for a long time for 4 reasons
Thank you for your reply, but I either don't share your issues or have found workarounds for said issues.
Out of curiosity, could you get this particular product to work as advertised with manual installation?

I am also still looking to figure out why https://f95zone.to/threads/head-game-g8f.30290/ won't install properly in smart content, so if anyone has any ideas do please share them.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Thank you for your reply, but I either don't share your issues or have found workarounds for said issues.
Out of curiosity, could you get this particular product to work as advertised with manual installation?

I am also still looking to figure out why https://f95zone.to/threads/head-game-g8f.30290/ won't install properly in smart content, so if anyone has any ideas do please share them.
I know this creator and I am sure there is no problem with his product.
But as you insist to use Smart content probably this is your problem with the product... although you said you have workarounds for those issues:)

lazyman69

Jun 2, 2019
I know this creator and I am sure there is no problem with his product.
But as you insist to use Smart content probably this is your problem with the product... although you said you have workarounds for those issues:)
Thanks again for the reply. Could you tell me where are morphs located in Daz and if they active by default.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Thanks again for the reply. Could you tell me where are morphs located in Daz and if they active by default.
Those are not morphs but "poses" and they are not put on the correct place (as I wrote earlier many creators, especially 3rd party creators do such mess).
When you open the archive you will see the real asset archive and a promo image. Click on the real asset archive to open it and you will see folders "Documents" and "My library". There is a Read_me file in it if you need it, but you actually need the folder "My library" - this is where the real asset is. Keep in mind what I wrote earlier - you folder may have different names. Now open this folder - you will see the names of the folders of the asset - in this case there are folders DATA and PEOPLE. You have to extract those 2 folders INSIDE your main content library and MERGE them with the existing folders. If you don't see a popup to ask for the "merge" this means you are trying to extract them in a wrong place. For the first time you may extract the both folders at some temporary folder on your HD and copy them from there. Folder DATA must merge with the existing folder "Data" and the folder PEOPLE must merge with the existing folder "People". When later you open your DS program you will not see the folder DATA but you will see your folder People. This is where the different genesis models are stored. That's why you can open the folder "People" (from the asset) and you see XXXXXXXXXXX\People\Genesis 8 Female\DragiHadzitosic\DragiHadzitosic-Head game (in this case XXXXXXXXX is the name of you main asset library on your disk. In my case it is D:\My DAZ3D content but in your case it probably will be something different.
So after you merged correctly both folders DATA and PEOPLE you can start your DS program, go the Content Library tab (NOT Smart content) and follow the above link - find folder "People", then find the folder "Genesis 8 Female", then find the folder "DragiHadzitosic" and at last "DragiHadzitosic-Head game" and in the right column you will see 10 blowjob icons. Load any Genesis 8 female figure and click on the icon you want from those 10 icons and you will see how the head of the figure changes. And this may be important - if you want to use different "pose" before clicking on another icon it is best to press Ctrl-Z to cancel the previous pose. As a rule this asset should not be installed on this place but well... read what I wrote earlier:)

lazyman69

Jun 2, 2019
Click on the real asset archive to open it and you will see folders "Documents" and "My library".
I'm sorry you had to write detailed explanation. It seems we misunderstood each other. :/
Anyway, good news is that I finally managed to find the accursed morphs. After wrecking my brains for like 3 hours, I finally came up with the "brilliant" idea to just use a dev load gen8 and load up an expression instead of tracking down a single slider using custom built characters with hundreds of their own morphs... And lo' and behold, there it was, after loading the expression the morph shows up.
I've never seen an asset requiring preset pose to load a corresponding morph, especially since mixing and matching expressions would require for user to load up all the expressions he thinks he will need before utilizing the morphs. I'm guessing that's the reason why writing metadata for this product was not covered in previous use cases for the software that automates it...

In any case, thanks again for your effort, it was appreciated!

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
A big thanks for all the information included here :)

Someone would possible thought that a company like Daz 3D would make many things better but this is the reality. What I learned quickly because of game modding is that the C: drive isn't for such programs as Daz 3D which consumes so much space (storage). Basically C: on pcs is just for windows and not very large because the windows tend to consume as much space you offer them. Trouble thing is that programs like Daz suggest wrongly C: drive and their folder management is terrible 5/100 many private programs and tools made from small developers are so far greater 90/100 which shows people are concerned more than companies. At least that's my first impression from Daz.