Tutorial How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Hi, I tried to install without offline mode and got no problem installing.
Does that mean offline mode is no longer a must to install through DIM?
Thank you for your input.
If you are not in offline mode DIM will search for the items you bought but are not installed - this includes lots of useless free stuff which comes with Das Studio itself.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Hi, I tried to install without offline mode and got no problem installing.
Does that mean offline mode is no longer a must to install through DIM?
Thank you for your input.
DIM will install all files you put on it, as long they are on DIM format.

i myself almost never use DAZ online, i buy the stuff and i instal them offline througth DIM (for DAZ stuff) or manually (for renderosity stuff).

DIM work offline no problem. the only difference is that DIM online will check for updates of products and other DAZ stuff (such as new DAZ version etc..)

its not require to be online/offline to use DIM. as same as to use DAZ.

RaXorX

Dec 24, 2018
Tonight I'll post a tool I found that creates DIM for any kind of content, and also creates Metadata for it (metadata= smart content)

I personally don't use smart content or dim, as a personal preference. But for some it may be worth learning how to use.
Content Package Assist? Or some other tool?
Tried the CPA. It didn't make the content smart content aware. Only DIM install-able. Or am I mistaken and that 3rd party content can't be configured for smart content directory and just DIM install-able?

Last edited:

TheVicarious

Nov 19, 2017
So I'm trying to install som files without the DIM installer cause they can't be installed that way. When I unzip I get a folder called "data" and it says I should put this in My Daz 3D Library but I don't know where as there is thousands of folders there. ;/

The files I have is for an outfit and when I unzip them I get these folders
/data *then I click this*
-second circle
--SC Freya
---SC Freya Armbands
---SC Freya Boots *and a long list of different items*

And when I click any of the item folders I get folders that say "UV" and "Morphs" and some "DSON Support" files.

Anyone have any idea how I get these things into DAZ? I'm a complete newbie at this

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
So I'm trying to install som files without the DIM installer cause they can't be installed that way. When I unzip I get a folder called "data" and it says I should put this in My Daz 3D Library but I don't know where as there is thousands of folders there. ;/

The files I have is for an outfit and when I unzip them I get these folders
/data *then I click this*
-second circle
--SC Freya
---SC Freya Armbands
---SC Freya Boots *and a long list of different items*

And when I click any of the item folders I get folders that say "UV" and "Morphs" and some "DSON Support" files.

Anyone have any idea how I get these things into DAZ? I'm a complete newbie at this
You put every folder AS THEY ARE exactly in your DAZ library folder.
I have custom install and my Daz library is called "My DAZ library" (surprisingly). Don't remember what is the default name but you obviously found it. just unzip all those files in this library and use "Merge" opton for each folder no matter how it is called.

ShaylieX

Jan 20, 2020
I have an issue with one asset that I downloaded, and on the content page it says it is compatible with poser and Daz3d but after manually copying the files to my Daz3d library it still isn't usable, I'm guessing that the files are actually just made for Poser, and that I have to do something special to install them into Daz3d, but I don't know what! I hope someone can explain what I need to do.

The package I downloaded is this one: https://f95zone.to/threads/contemporary-home.7987/

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm very confused but still really want to use this package in Daz3d!

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I have an issue with one asset that I downloaded, and on the content page it says it is compatible with poser and Daz3d but after manually copying the files to my Daz3d library it still isn't usable, I'm guessing that the files are actually just made for Poser, and that I have to do something special to install them into Daz3d, but I don't know what! I hope someone can explain what I need to do.

The package I downloaded is this one: https://f95zone.to/threads/contemporary-home.7987/

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm very confused but still really want to use this package in Daz3d!
Trueform.

the Trueform assets usually are placed under poser.

you should open you library using the "content library" tab (add it if its not already on your tab list, by doing a right clic on an empty space next to the other tabs panels.)

then you should have an "poser formats" category, clic in it, then clic on "props" and browse/scroll in there to "TruStyles" and you should find it there.

it is NOT in the DAz studio library formats, so you can't find it in your normal library. But DAz studio still should show you a poser library.

here a pic to help you :D

library.jpg

ShaylieX

Jan 20, 2020
Trueform.

the Trueform assets usually are placed under poser.

you should open you library using the "content library" tab (add it if its not already on your tab list, by doing a right clic on an empty space next to the other tabs panels.)

then you should have an "poser formats" category, clic in it, then clic on "props" and browse/scroll in there to "TruStyles" and you should find it there.

it is NOT in the DAz studio library formats, so you can't find it in your normal library. But DAz studio still should show you a poser library.

here a pic to help you :D

View attachment 803835
Thank you for trying to help, sadly this will only help once the content is properly installed, my issue is that I can't seem to install the assets to begin with. I just copied the files to my daz3d library directory like normal but it doesn't show in up in daz3d.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Thank you for trying to help, sadly this will only help once the content is properly installed, my issue is that I can't seem to install the assets to begin with. I just copied the files to my daz3d library directory like normal but it doesn't show in up in daz3d.
be sure you extracted the "runtime" folder itself into your "My DAz 3d library" (if it's installed into another hard drive, or in your standard DAz library path.

dont extract the file out of the runtime folder, put the whole "runtime" folder directly in your "my DAz 3D library".

i made a test by downloading it right now (i didn't had it before) and it work nicely.

stuff goes into

poser formats/my daz 3d library/props/Trustyles/scene builder...

lots of stuff such as balcony, garage, dining, ground etc.

be sure you installed it correctly by putting the complete "runtime" folder into your "my daz 3d library". If it work for me, should work for you :D

Reactions: ShaylieX

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
1. Not all the folders you copied are supposed to be visible - for example the folder "data" (which is one of the most important folders, is not visible).
2. It's a chaos with the Daz folder names. The people in Daz did not enforced a system with the folder names and the contents and every artist uses it's own names. For example the names of the clothes may be under the name of the artists or may be under the name of the clothing itself or it may be on quite a different places (I myself have at least 3 different folders named Genesis 8)
3. As many other things in Daz the auto-install sux grossly. Not only you don't know where it installed the content but it also does not allow you to use G3 clothes (for example) on G8 figures etc (from Smart content pane).
4. Also there is a Poser content which can be used in Daz too.
4. Therefore the manual install rules. And there is a rule of thumb:
Before starting the installation check where the correspondent folders will go.
What this means - for example you install some G8F figure - open the archive and click on "People". Inside there should be a folder (for example) named "Genesis 3 Female" and inside it is another folder named "Lednah3D the Great" (and the humblest) and after that you will see the name of the model. This way you know the path where it will be installed.
Unfortunately this is just one of the possible cases and you need some practice to be able to distinguish the different install folders.
But there couple more hints:
If the archive has a single folder named "Runtime", this is Poser content. When you start Daz you will find it at the bottom after your Daz content under the folder "Poser formats" and subfolder "My Daz3D content".
There may be another folder named "Documents" or "Readme" or whatever - those are different help files. Ir's better to read them when still in the archive or you may not be able to find them after the installation.
If there are more folders in the archive besides "Runtime" like "Data" or "Environments" etc then this is Daz content - not Poser (although it has the same name) and now this folder "Runtime" contains several more folders from which the most important is the folder "Textures". The good news is usually you will not care about this folder except if you want to use some custom texture.
There are packages which contain only poses or expressions or morphs. You should be able to find them under "People" folder in the archive again and then under the corresponding base model for example "Genesis 8 Male". All those should appear in under the "Parameters tab" when you select the corresponding object upon which they should be applied... but still it is not sure... unfortunately... especially with 3rd party content creators.
Hope this helps... if someone had the patience to read it:)

Last edited:

ShaylieX

Jan 20, 2020
I finally realize what I did wrong, I copied the contents of the runtime folder instead of copying the runtime folder itself, of course it didn't work! Thank you so much for the help!

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I finally realize what I did wrong, I copied the contents of the runtime folder instead of copying the runtime folder itself, of course it didn't work! Thank you so much for the help!
wich is what i say in the last com.. XD

it's common error, usually you dont extract stuff when they come out in another format than the IM00xxx
you just put everything directly in your library, just extract the .rar or .zip and that's it.
data, runtime, etc... everything straigth into the library

Eric30500

Apr 10, 2019
Hello,
I am French and my English is very rudimentary.
I'm starting with Daz Studio version 4.12 and to be more exact I'm starting in 3D and graphics. I've downloaded 2 files (F95Zone) to have some characters, clothes etc.. Victoria 4.2 3D Model Pro Suite' and 'the Girl 4 Pro Bundle' because by DAZ I got some free products compatible with these characters.
https://f95zone.to/threads/victoria-4-2-3d-model-pro-suite.5882/
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-girl-4-pro-bundle-bonus.21936/
Normally I use DIM to install the products and until now I had only downloaded simple files that gave me 1 or 2 IMXXXXXXX that I put in the DIM download directory and DIM took care of installing it by itself.

But what exactly do I need to install for these?
For Victoria, I end up with
Victoria42Base.zip
Victoria42BaseStudioCF.zip
Victoria42BasePwrLoader
if I understood well the product sheet on DAZ, one of the installation would be for POSER, 1 other for DAZ (I think Victoria42BaseStudioCF but I'm not sure) as for BasePwrLoader I don't see what it is and what it can possibly be used for me

For the Girl 4 I have a bunch of EXE files. But the F95Zone file indicating POSER and DAZ compatible, do I have to run all the exe or only some? Will the EXE file know how to sort and will the EXE file find the path to my libraries that are not placed where it was intended by default.

Thank you

Translated with (free version)

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
For the Girl 4 I have a bunch of EXE files. But the F95Zone file indicating POSER and DAZ compatible, do I have to run all the exe or only some? Will the EXE file know how to sort and will the EXE file find the path to my libraries that are not placed where it was intended by default.

Thank you

Translated with (free version)
All the Poser files are installed only in a folder at the very bottom of "Content library" tab and the folder is Poser Formats -> My Daz content. You will find everything Poser related there.
And something else 4.12 version was bugged and judging by the Das forum is still bugged and rendering may take an eternity. Therefore you may want to roll back to 4.11.

Eric30500

Apr 10, 2019
All the Poser files are installed only in a folder at the very bottom of "Content library" tab and the folder is Poser Formats -> My Daz content. You will find everything Poser related there.
Hello and thank you for taking the time to answer me,
but that doesn't answer my questions.
First of all, being brand new on DAZ, I don't have 4.11 and on DAZ I can only download 4.12, so I can only hope they will fix the bugs. For the moment I don't have any problem with 4.12.

Concerning Poser Formats, my question was not where it installs but do I need to install it.
Having 3 files
IM00004783-01_Victoria42Base.zip
IM00004783-03_Victoria42BasePwrLoader
IM00004783-02_Victoria42BaseStudioCF, the latter seems to be for DAZ3D if I understood well what the sheet on the DAZ website ( ) says.
Same question for IM00004783-03_Victoria42BasePwrLoader, do I need to install it?

In the same Bundle, I have the same problem with
IM00003922-01_Victoria4SkinMapsStdRes et IM00003922-02_Victoria4SkinMapsStdResStudioCF
IM00004787-01_Victoria42Morphs, IM00004787-02_Victoria42MorphsStudioCF et IM00004787-03_Victoria42MorphsPwrLoader
IM00004794-01_AmarsedaHairPs and IM00004794-02_AmarsedaHairDS

Do I have to install all ZIPs every time?

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I did install everything I thought it may be interesting and now I am very sorry for this. I already forgot what I have installed and most of the installed items are never used simply because I forgot about them.
As for those Victoria items - they are very old - at least 10 years, maybe even more. In the world of the computers 10 years is eternity.
Now the items which are used are marked as G8 and the previous models G3. G8F are female models and G8M - male. Also you often will see them marked as Victoria 7 and Victoria 8 and Michael 7 and Michael 8 - but why and how - it is a very long story.
As for 4.12 the main bug for me is the problem with IRAY rendering - a lot of people (me included) complain the rendering takes a lot more time then the previous versions, although the logic says it should be the opposite.
Also - looking at my Product library of the bought items it appears Victoria 7 and Victoria 8 were for short time free (don't know about Michael 7 and Michael 8)... so get the hint.
And of course you can download stuff from this forum but using it is on your own responsibility if it is not officially free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric30500

diegol86

Oct 6, 2019
Sup guys, after the DIM installs everything, can I delete the files left in the Install Manager / Downloads folder?

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Sup guys, after the DIM installs everything, can I delete the files left in the Install Manager / Downloads folder?
Even *much* better - you can check the corresponding option in the DIM and it will delete it. If you install more then 1 asset it may happen for some reason something is not installed - this way you always will know and install it manually.

Reactions: diegol86