Tool How to translate visual novel .pac files

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
So are you able to unpack the CG files, edit the CG files, and then they would repack into the GRD format?
If so, where is this tool?
Tool is only for repack into .pac script tool is here and about cg you have to find sth to deal with it. Repack tool needs you to put modified files into same directory as the patch.exe and .pac in order to repack it. The tool I upload it to here in #engine-tools

Last edited:

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
So are you able to unpack the CG files, edit the CG files, and then they would repack into the GRD format?
If so, where is this tool?
Got better for repacking . Download Lune&Marine.rar, the tool can unpack&repack .pac but for cgs it will take a long time since it's python

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
I don't have Image.Convert in my own GARbro. You can use it to convert PNG to GRD? That one Mega link you sent seems invalid.
btw I found a guy can help you ask him in galgamecoding's issue . Just make sure to credit him

hypno128

Feb 11, 2020
Is my code correct? L need help
Yeah, like Yggdragsill said, run the commands without quotes.

In case you haven't used the command line much before: you can make sure you're in the right folder with the "cd" command. For example, cd D:\GMH\KyonyuuPrincess\b\a

Make sure PacManager.exe is in the same folder. Then you can run it with a command like PacManager.exe -u Cgrd.pac

xenei

Sep 9, 2020
Hey hypno128, it looks like there's really no tools for .grd images or any image tool for Lune games.
If you have the time then please look into or Can you make tool for .grd images?
It'd be awesome....
That is all, if only you have the time to...
Thank you.

mazinmax

Jun 13, 2021
Hey does anyone know find a script file choice option/route. in lune games?
I've tried searching but what I found was only the dialogue script.

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
Good news everyone, I have found tool for .grd format using this , you will first need GARbro to extract .grd from .pac. Then use the tmrtool to extract metadata.json for making new .grd, after that use "Convert multimedia" of GARbro to convert .grd into .png. Finally after editing, use tmrtool again to creating new .grd

For those who don't know to create patch file for Lune&Marine games:
For imagines: Use pacmamager to create file like this: grd_2.pac, grd_3.pac,... grd_9.pac, the game will read imagines like that
For srp.pac: do the same thing:srp_2.pac, srp_3.pac,... srp_9.pac

• Hey there
Reactions: shiny-kuki

--hi

Modder
May 30, 2021
Is this tool still maintained?
Can I ask for a repacker without the re-encoding txt to .srp feature? So that I can repack already compiled .srp files into a pac archive?
EDIT: Nevermind, got my issue resolved. Thanks to Yggdragsill

Last edited:

kevintjjtjtjtj

Jul 10, 2022
When I open the cmd and copy the address link that contains the .pac file (for e.g bgm.pac) and your exe file, it says that "it is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." How do you solve this problem Im tryna extract bgm files (unless there's no way to do so currently) 11111111111.png

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
When I open the cmd and copy the address link that contains the .pac file (for e.g bgm.pac) and your exe file, it says that "it is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." How do you solve this problem Im tryna extract bgm files (unless there's no way to do so currently) View attachment 1917203
[/QUOTE]
The command should be **Pacmanager.exe -u bgm.pac bgm** and cmd should be prompt in directory has Pacmanager. Anyway if you want to extract Bgm then simply use , use Garbro gui, right click on Bgm.pac and choose extract[/QUOTE]

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
ahh thanks, i didn't know such an app existed, anyways cheers! (time to listen to vn music without opening the game)
If you don't know, you can actually use GARbro, double click on Bgm.pac, double click on any .ogg and it will play inside for you without extracting