Tool How to translate visual novel .pac files

PassAlong

Jan 9, 2020
alright, so I am actually trying to mess with a Lune game here "Aku no Onna Kanbu Full Moon Night" or Evil Executive Women Full Moon Night edition. I managed to use GARbro to open up the md_scr.med and md_scr2.med and just did an extraction for one file at a time (IMG A). Now the hard part for myself is the Notepad++ where I need to find a way to properly read the characters without it looking like complete garble encryption. I kinda figured I need to change the encoding to the japanese or JIS (IMG B), but it hardly helps me out. Need help anyone,please. What would I need to do to get a proper language read out of this game script with Notepad++? I really want to try to make a fan translation of this game since I know there are a lot of people who want to play this game.

scizora

Jul 23, 2021
anyone knows how to solve this issue? when I tried to unpack it i get: Packmanager exe is already inside the folder with the pac files and i cd to the directory with the pac files.

PacManager -u Update2.pac
Using default destination
Unhandled exception. System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. (Parameter 'value')
at System.IO.FileStream.set_Position(Int64 value)
at PacManager.IO.PacDecoder.ReadExtension(BinaryReader reader, Int64 position, Int64 length)
at PacManager.IO.PacDecoder.Decode(String directory)
at PacManager.Program.Main(String[] args)

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
anyone knows how to solve this issue? when I tried to unpack it i get: Packmanager exe is already inside the folder with the pac files and i cd to the directory with the pac files.

PacManager -u Update2.pac
Unhandled exception. System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. (Parameter 'value')
at System.IO.FileStream.set_Position(Int64 value)
at PacManager.IO.PacDecoder.ReadExtension(BinaryReader reader, Int64 position, Int64 length)
at PacManager.IO.PacDecoder.Decode(String directory)
looks like your .pac is Nexas not the pac this tool support, use Garbro to extract update2.pac

MaxSP758

Sep 11, 2022
Hello, does anyone know why I get this? I put the PacManger.exe inside the folder with the files with which I want to create a new pac.

But when running from the console I get this:

Unhandled exception. System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Attempted to access a path that is not on the disk.
at PacManager.IO.PacEncoder..ctor(String directory)

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
Hello, does anyone know why I get this? I put the PacManger.exe inside the folder with the files with which I want to create a new pac.

But when running from the console I get this:

Unhandled exception. System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Attempted to access a path that is not on the disk.
at PacManager.IO.PacEncoder..ctor(String directory)
pacmanager.exe -p System System.pac

mumus01

Jul 18, 2022
Hey bro. Can you update your tools for the lastest Engine. I want to extract and translate a AQUARIUM the visual novel from Hololive Corp. I can't extract the .PAC files with your tools.

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
This is not the tool you're looking for, they're different engines. What language are you translating to?

Last edited:

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
can
Good news everyone, I have found tool for .grd format using this , you will first need GARbro to extract .grd from .pac. Then use the tmrtool to extract metadata.json for making new .grd, after that use "Convert multimedia" of GARbro to convert .grd into .png. Finally after editing, use tmrtool again to creating new .grd

For those who don't know to create patch file for Lune&Marine games:
For imagines: Use pacmamager to create file like this: grd_2.pac, grd_3.pac,... grd_9.pac, the game will read imagines like that
For srp.pac: do the same thing:srp_2.pac, srp_3.pac,... srp_9.pac
can you please explain in brief how to use that tool coz mine not even opening ,
and also the name of tool is not trmtool its grdtool from the link you have given.