Tutorial Unity How To Uncensor (Almost) Any Unity Game

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
any idea how to uncensored or delete mosaic on Unreal game?
the game is RJ392197 from TOFU SOFT.
AFAIK there is no easy way, I've looked into modding unreal games in the past, it's not exactly straight forward.
It would probably deserve it's own thread, and I am very lazy.

Anyway, depends on which version of UE, if it's UE3, it's a UPK file, or possibly a PK3 which is just another zip format. UE4 deals with PAK files, and is most likely what you're looking at. Not sure about UE5.

Supposedly Unreal Engine includes an "unpaker", not sure how friendly it is.
Most game developers will encrypt their pak though, so it's likely useless.

- has a list of compatible games, not sure if any game will work.
- can try 'pak explorer'.

Good luck.

Reactions: Gengu

RareRed

Oct 8, 2018
1654042065752.png
not as far as I know. unless you know how to open either of those files then edit the assets. tried UABE just for shits and nothing :p

1654042248048.png
also for pricks comment it is indeed UE4.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
So, I checked this one out just a little bit deeper.
UE4 paks are almost always encrypted with an AES key, which means they are almost completely inaccessible to unpack.
Fortunately, for the pak to be read by the game, the key must be loaded into memory at some point.
(Yes, this game has an encrypted pak)

I'm reading through a guide I found on reverse engineering the key, but it's complicated as hell and specifically states that it works in UE builds from 4.21, and the game is built in UE 4.27, so no idea if the method will even work.

I'm going to dabble with it a bit, but don't expect anything lol

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Complex may have been an understatement, I don't understand low level exe code in the slightest.
But I'm having fun failing over and over again lol.
e.png

If any of the code savvy geniuses who are lurking in this thread would like to interject, please do.
ihavenoideawhatimdoing.png

Last edited:
Reactions: OuterACG

DarkDoragon

Sep 17, 2018
Complex may have been an understatement, I don't understand low level exe code in the slightest.
But I'm having fun failing over and over again lol.
View attachment 1844799

If any of the code savvy geniuses who are lurking in this thread would like to interject, please do.
View attachment 1844804
For UE4 games I like to take a different and more simple approach, since I don't like all that unpacking/repacking, dealing with different versions, etc. Basically any tool with shader disabling functions does the trick, like SpecialK or 3Dmigoto. Drop these files inside the Win64 folder and, since this particular game starts in DX12 mode, you'll have to create a shortcut and add -dx11 at the end of the "Target" field, and start it through the shortcut.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
For UE4 games I like to take a different and more simple approach, since I don't like all that unpacking/repacking, dealing with different versions, etc. Basically any tool with shader disabling functions does the trick, like SpecialK or 3Dmigoto. Drop these files inside the Win64 folder and, since this particular game starts in DX12 mode, you'll have to create a shortcut and add -dx11 at the end of the "Target" field, and start it through the shortcut.
I hadn't gotten very far into the research phase, the goal appeared to be directly modifying the game assets, but you're absolutely spot on. I was wondering if there is a bepinex equivalent for UE4 injection. I have not heard of a such a tool before, but I'll definitely give this a shot, I've got a couple other UE4 games which I've always wanted uncensor. Thanks for sharing.

DarkDoragon

Sep 17, 2018
I hadn't gotten very far into the research phase, the goal appeared to be directly modifying the game assets, but you're absolutely spot on. I was wondering if there is a bepinex equivalent for UE4 injection. I have not heard of a such a tool before, but I'll definitely give this a shot, I've got a couple other UE4 games which I've always wanted uncensor. Thanks for sharing.
I mostly use 3Dmigoto, for uncensoring and texture injections, but it has other functions too. I got most of my knowledge from this tutorial, though it's not specific for shader disabling, you can get a basic view on how it works:

Reactions: OuterACG

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I mostly use 3Dmigoto, for uncensoring and texture injections, but it has other functions too. I got most of my knowledge from this tutorial, though it's not specific for shader disabling, you can get a basic view on how it works:
I picked up on it really quick, I found the release from GitHub and figured out the hotkeys from the ini file.
Trial and error got it working in another game I've been hanging on to on a backup drive.
Used your ini file as reference, had to disable two separate shaders, but it works perfectly.
Again thank you for blessing the thread with your knowledge, I'll put it to good use.

Gengu if you follow the instructions from post #805 you can have the game uncensored with zero effort.

RareRed

Oct 8, 2018
I'm reading through a guide I found on reverse engineering the key, but it's complicated as hell and specifically states that it works in UE builds from 4.21, and the game is built in UE 4.27, so no idea if the method will even work.

I'm going to dabble with it a bit, but don't expect anything lol
jesus that sounds like a job.

quc vnh

Jul 13, 2017
This game used Unreal Engine, not Unity.
May Prick make a new topic for Unreal Engine games.

You can use an AES finder program to find the encryption key then use UE Viewer to view the resources.

seancs19998

Apr 4, 2021
This game used Unreal Engine, not Unity.
May Prick make a new topic for Unreal Engine games.

You can use an AES finder program to find the encryption key then use UE Viewer to view the resources.
I think this is the file but i don't know how to modify it 1655111345677.jpg 1655111560594.jpg

Rianova1

Nov 19, 2021
does anyone know how to uncensored this Dragon Ball Quest for the Ball game, it's always black in the H scene, even covering almost all of the characters?

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I think this is the file but i don't know how to modify it
You're further than I ever got. You'll have to research uasset, have you tried opening it with a text editor?

In any case, there's a much easier method shared above, but for simplicity, .
Read the readme to see how to isolate shaders.
And check post #805, you can use the included d3dx.ini file as a reference to create your own decensor.

I'm considering making a new thread for the above method, but UE4 games with mosaics aren't really common.

Reactions: seancs19998

seancs19998

Apr 4, 2021
You're further than I ever got. You'll have to research uasset, have you tried opening it with a text editor?

In any case, there's a much easier method shared above, but for simplicity, .
Read the readme to see how to isolate shaders.
And check post #805, you can use the included d3dx.ini file as a reference to create your own decensor.

I'm considering making a new thread for the above method, but UE4 games with mosaics aren't really common.
Thank you!! Its even faster then uncen the unity game.

I realy dont like to unpack and repack, even if I used the right AES Key it seems It still dont unpack the all content in the .pak file, and its even more difficult to repack the encrypt pak folder.
I even download the unreal engine 4.27 to unpack with UnrealPak but I dont understand the code so still not work.

I've open the mosaic file with text editor and it just show some garbled.
Place this three file in the game folder SUMMER\Binaries\Win64 #805 and run game as dx11.

Last edited:

kushkush

Jan 21, 2020
Does anyone know how to uncensor Ugokku 3 with BepinEx ? I literally tried all the version but doesnt seem to work at all
Screenshot_20211112-221353_Ugokku3.jpg

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Does anyone know how to uncensor Ugokku 3 with BepinEx ? I literally tried all the version but doesnt seem to work at all
please read the top two sections of the thread, if you're not sure if the game CAN be uncensored, check the artwork with UAS to see if the textures have a baked mosaic.

and indeed, the textures are baked, and looks like they have been converted to atlas format in a super weird way
C05_slow_Atlas0.png