Tutorial Unity How To Uncensor (Almost) Any Unity Game

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
how to do that
if it's a 2D game, good luck.
use UAS to check out the textures for yourself.
you can extract them and play around with an image editor of course,
but importing the textures back in is the tricky part.
it could work great, or break the game completely.

either way, unless you're an artist who can match the original artist's handiwork, it's not worth the time.

Randomguy5613

Apr 21, 2021
if you've edited all of the shaders which are referenced, and there is no visible change, im not sure.
first thing i would do is to double check all of the textures to make sure the mosaic isn't just baked into the artwork.
might be wasting your time if the shader isnt even being used.
second thing, is to check all of the sharedasset files for another material you might be missing.
typically, the "unlit" materials are irrelevant.
Hi im back, srry for the delay. Just like what u said, the original textures are mosaic, we cant do anything else unless we redraw it. Thanks for your advice, ima move to another project.

AlexDuKaNa

Jan 9, 2018
Any idea what would be the file to uncensor this?
I check on the free trial with AssetStudio and the textures are uncensored

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Lot of Live2D games will have streaming assets, make sure to check that folder as well.

RareRed

Oct 8, 2018
Nvm. apparently i did find the censor for that one. Just replace the shaderasset1.asset with the rar file in the data folder.

Last edited:

AlexDuKaNa

Jan 9, 2018
Nvm. apparently i did find the censor for that one. Just replace the shaderasset1.asset with the rar file in the data folder.
But may I ask what was the name of the file that needed to be modified, so I know in the future cause they got multiple games

RareRed

Oct 8, 2018
But may I ask what was the name of the file that needed to be modified, so I know in the future cause they got multiple games
1652585082195.png
1: sharedassets1.assets is the one that needed to be modified in uabe because its the only with with the word "censor/cen/mosaic/ etc etc."
2: find the path id if you can't find " blocksize " inside of that censor material file.
3: after you find the path id, (in this case its 25) you go to the shader, make another dump file, and edit all the "colmask = 15" to "colmask = 0" then save the file, and import it back into uabe, save the file in another location, drag and drop it back into the folder. ez pz.
1652585493840.png

also, if you go back into the tutorial. it tells you how to do all of this step by step in a very detailed guide. Just have to take the time to read it.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexDuKaNa

AlexDuKaNa

Jan 9, 2018
I was looking for Ipixel/Pixelated/Mosaic but I wasn't looking for a "Censor" something file xD, just couldn't find it, thanks

Reactions: RareRed

quc vnh

Jul 13, 2017
I met a new challenge today.
store its data in .bundlle files. How can I view and edit those files?

Nov 22, 2018
Need to check later, but first:
Can the bundle file be read by assetstudio?
No: then nothing can be done as we don’t know what inside it is;
Yes: next question:
Can it be loaded and decompressed by UABE or UABEA?
No: then nothing can be done as editing compressed file will only crush it;
Yes: next question:
Can the game read the decompressed bundle file?
No: then nothing can be done as the decompressing breaks the format of the file and we don’t know what the format is;
Yes: do the normal decensoring on the bundle file.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Can it be loaded and decompressed by UABE or UABEA?
assetbundles are similar to a unity3d file, it can be decompressed by UABE, albeit I believe it takes significantly longer than regular unity3d archives.

• Sad
Reactions: quc vnh
Nov 22, 2018
assetbundles are similar to a unity3d file, it can be decompressed by UABE, albeit I believe it takes significantly longer than regular unity3d archives.
Just checked the game demo and found out that, the answer is No for my first question.
So, nothing can be done as we don’t know what inside it is.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
My mistake, I misread and thought you had said .assetbundle, not .bundle...

No dice, the assets are all loaded through streaming assets, and the main data.unity3d appears to be encrypted somehow.
It can be decompressed, but the assets refuse to be opened further by UABE or UAS.
It could just be a newer package file that UABE doesn't support yet, but I'm not sure.

Just for grins, I tried all of the demosaics from Manly Marco, no luck.
Game is kinda dog shit anyway, like the rest of azucat games. Oh well.

Last edited:

Gengu

May 11, 2017
any idea how to uncensored or delete mosaic on Unreal game?
the game is RJ392197 from TOFU SOFT.