Tutorial Unity How To Uncensor (Almost) Any Unity Game

iiarfgee

Feb 25, 2018
I looked into tools and found out

It helps a lot in finding meshes shaders and textures. I used only the trial version, which has no editing features (I suppose?), but just viewing the files is great enough, and the rest could be done using UABE like usual.

Used it for just now, uncensored very easily by finding the mesh entity and deleting it

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Would be great if we could figure out some cleaner solutions!
Technically speaking, literally, the most efficient way would be to modify the assembly C# file and force the shader to do nothing. But that's where things get hairy when you don't know jack shit about C#. That's why the material method usually works best. It's easy to understand, and the proof is in the results.

I've seen this done on enough games to know it's possible to decensor with nothing more than a modified dynamic library. This makes your uploaded patch much smaller, instead of uploading an entire asset file.

iiarfgee

Feb 25, 2018
the most efficient way would be to modify the assembly C# file and force the shader to do nothing
Ah, as in the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" commonly seen in Unity game folders?

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Ah, as in the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" commonly seen in Unity game folders?
Yeah, you can open it with an assembly explorer, I personally use dnspy, which can also be used for editing hex values. Just have to figure out if the game runs on x86 or x64, and use the corresponding dnspy launcher. I'm not 100% sure, but most if not all unity games will have an assembly file in the managed folder.

iiarfgee

Feb 25, 2018
I still don't quite understand the solution of modifying Assembly-CSharp.dll files

Say if we mess with shader libraries, wouldn't that affect the game in others ways aside from decensoring?
Being libraries in essence, how do we modify .dlls such that it only affects an exact portion of the game that calls the function?

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
I still don't quite understand the solution of modifying Assembly-CSharp.dll files

Say if we mess with shader libraries, wouldn't that affect the game in others ways aside from decensoring?
Being libraries in essence, how do we modify .dlls such that it only affects an exact portion of the game that calls the function?
I'm probably not the best to explain this, but the assembly essentially orchestrates all of the game contents and puts it all together. You can find the same shader information within the assembly but it's written in C# and organized differently.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
I've made limited success with but not sure it's even worth it as the pussy textures are just coloured blobs anyway. The first trick didn't work so I went looking for an alpha textured material as per the third trick. There's one of hearts with a transparent background which lets you see stuff (what little there is to see) but you also get the hearts of course. The mosaic is a textured box around the crotch area and I reckon it's part of each model but I could be wrong. The default material is white so that's no good and removing the mosaic material entirely just leaves you with missing texture purple. After that I gave up.
It's not like anyone else even has this game anyway! is it any good? Eh, could be. I mean the premise is cool- shoot clothes off of highschool girls with an uzi. If you miss they jump on your face and there's a cut-scene... If only the execution was better and Japan wasn't such a pain the arse, nonsense country. Yes, I know censorship is the missionaries' fault but c'mon!
Don't suppose you've made any progress on this yet? I was trying to figure it out myself around the same time as you were by the looks of it, but wasn't able to get past the purple texture.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Don't suppose you've made any progress on this yet? I was trying to figure it out myself around the same time as you were by the looks of it, but wasn't able to get past the purple texture.
Yeah I worked on that game for a short period of time. I tried every method I could think of, including modifying shader code in the assembly. The game seems like it's got protection against modders. One of the reasons I don't like having this thread up :b

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
Yeah I worked on that game for a short period of time. I tried every method I could think of, including modifying shader code in the assembly. The game seems like it's got protection against modders. One of the reasons I don't like having this thread up :b
Anychance you remember how to atleast get it down to the translusent hearts instead of the mosaics?

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Anychance you remember how to atleast get it down to the translusent hearts instead of the mosaics?
No idea what you're talking about.
For Harem Trigger, the best I was able to pull was the same as the others above, resulting in an opaque version of the mosaic. Nobody has figured out how to actually remove it yet.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
For Harem Trigger, the best I was able to pull was the same as the others above, resulting in an opaque version of the mosaic. Nobody has figured out how to actually remove it yet.
I havent looked into Harem Trigger myself but if its translated to English, I could probably dig around. I would just need a download for the game. I did a quick search on my phone and it looks like it might Japanese only.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
I havent looked into Harem Trigger myself but if its translated to English, I could probably dig around. I would just need a download for the game. I did a quick search on my phone and it looks like it might Japanese only.
Partial English support (English display is UI menu only, conversation scene is Japanese display.

I played it for like half an hour or so. It's not the most interesting gameplay wise, but it was actually pretty fun.
It's not a small download though unfortunately. I got rid of it shortly after getting frustrated with the mosaic.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
Sorry I confused you with the other guy! They said something about replacing the alpha with a translusent heart shaped one.

Greywraith

Oct 27, 2017
Pulling my hair as i try this on [Visionary] StoEcchi (Haven't managed to do it yet, can't figure it out)
What a actual hassle this is, didn't know things was that tedious, got more sympathy for you lot now lmao.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Pulling my hair as i try this on [Visionary] StoEcchi (Haven't managed to do it yet, can't figure it out)
What a actual hassle this is, didn't know things was that tedious, got more sympathy for you lot now lmao.
Tried to uncensor that game myself...
didn't work.

Perhaps I should make a list of all the games I have tried and failed at lol

Greywraith

Oct 27, 2017
Tried to uncensor that game myself...
didn't work.

Perhaps I should make a list of all the games I have tried and failed at lol
AH... i am getting somewhere, using iiarfgee's method (unnamed asset connection) i have zeroed in where i can edit this stuff.
I tried his Brute-force method of turning all values to 0, sure removed the moisaic, and whatever was supposed to be behind it.
and with 11574 lines of code, oh man this is going to be painfull.

And this is only for her genital.

EDIT: I somehow censored the censor, the moisac is still there but it's black, lmao, just a bit more adjustment.

EDIT2: CONFIRMING that iiarfgee's method works! but instead of going for blends, i just went and hunted down all the "0 float val = 15" under "colMask" and turn some into "0 float val = 0"
If i turned all of them into 0 it'd not just remove the mosaic, but her fanny aswell.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
AH... i am getting somewhere. . .
That looks like good progress. Definitely let me know if you get a good result down the line.
I had a similar issue though, changing things around resulted in weird texture artifacts.
Might be clever developers :b

Greywraith

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the fact this is my first ever uncensor, yay.

Allright further than this i can't get..
I have removed the big blocky minecraft moisac.

But it seems like the genitalia are, transparent in the way of i can only see the texturing from the inside, and not the outside, which isn't much of a issue in first person perspective.

Anyways i am takin a break from there, phew.
I'll leave this for anyone to fiddle with it or somehow enjoy it. ul.to/pw3ohkcd

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
But it seems like the genitalia are, transparent. . .
That's likely a side effect of tweaking the shaders manually.
There's no telling which string caused it unless you change them one by one.
That's a monu-mental task. I'm impressed you got that far my dude. Well done.

Greywraith

Oct 27, 2017
There's no telling which string caused it unless you change them one by one.
Yeah that's exactly what i did lmao.
I like edited 10 of the values, checked the result, reset the values and edited 10 other values.
Once i did a hit, i edited one of those 10 values one at a time to see its effect.
Dedication is one hell of a drug.

Likely, there's another value relating to coloring or alpha somewhere that adds in transparency, after all the moisac needs to be transparent, i removed a mosaic, but not its transparency.