VN Ren'Py Completed Hustle Town [Complete] [Mickydoo]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
It is a hard choice, but atm my favorite would be Jade. I like her fiery temperament and her sarcasm. But they are all gorgeous.

Taking the risk being called a softy, I really like the fact that the characters in this game generally act in a friendly and respectful way. Except Thomson and Thompson that is :). Being helpful is rewarded, not being a creep or an asshole.

If I met the MC in a pub in Handorf (if any), I feel we could have a beer, chat a bit and have a pleasant evening. I can’t think of any other male character in an adult game who is like this.

xirbeus

Aug 13, 2017
I really like Jenny morph a lot. when then story is done u should sell ur morphs. I like them more than most of them more than ones sold. But I also know, that lot of stuff sold on daz3d site, example character clothing. The morphs they use are custom morphs that look really good. The only problem they are not for sale. Anyway, I like all your characters. For what I see. This has potential. Nice work!

Reactions: mickydoo

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
@mickydoo i was playing the game and sundently the phone disapear and i can't access it anymore don't know why is that a bug?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@Scrot

My guess is that you jumped an event. Either go back to a older save or rollback and see if the phone reappeares. There are a few bugs that I reported a page or 2 back that cause problems in the game.

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
@Scrot

My guess is that you jumped an event. Either go back to a older save or rollback and see if the phone reappeares. There are a few bugs that I reported a page or 2 back that cause problems in the game.
well i also find another bug i did everything that's to do on map section but the last thing is to me go home before the MC beat 2 thugs then i go home after have done everything and the map just disapear and then the game starts crashing so i rolled back like 3 times and there i need do the events in a correct order so the game doens't bug the last time i tryed appear a new event with jenny a missing event

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Im so sorry, i fixed the other stuff and fell asleep all day, ill look at this now

@Scrot - I'm upping it to mega now

Reactions: Scrot

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Really enjoyed what you have so far. There were a few issues but they have already been reported in other post so no need for me to repeat them.

I'm extremely pleased to see the women on the normal to petite end of the spectrum. I'm not one to judge other peoples preferences, but for me many of the women that are being presented as Sexy in these types of games are just out right disgusting. Those games are fine for who their target audience is and I'm glad we now have a game for our market. I love the slim fit bodies of your girls and find most of them to be quite pretty. The only thing is, although I do love the character of Jade, there is something odd about her face that appears strange in a few renders, but otherwise no concern.

The MC is a welcome relief to the plethora of teenage douchebags we are often stuck with. The fact that he is taller than the women shouldn't be remarkable, but it's something that many lazy developers don't consider. The DAZ models are typically taller than the average population (Victoria 8 for instance is rated as 6 Feet/183 CM!) and many games have MC's the same height as all the girls.

Loving the witty banter of the characters, it is much closer to real life conversations than the trite dialog most games give us.

Just one bit of advice for your renders, the characters should be looking at each other more. It is weird when characters are talking to each other but staring off to the horizon.

Looking forward to more!

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Im so sorry, i fixed the other stuff and fell asleep all day, ill look at this now

@Scrot - I'm upping it to mega now
Thanks. Any chance to switching towards a more traditional VN? The map system is a bit cumbersome and it seems like there's only one correct place to click to continue the story. It kinda turns the map into an annoying hindrance. It'd be nice to just experience the story and make choices, clicking on objects and moving rooms isn't particularly fun. I'd rather remember fun times with the characters be what I remember about the game rather than the map screen.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
@Scrot

I am hoping the other bug was causing yours, I have made a fix for it that should be fine. That fight scene can be got to in two different ways depending on if you asked Jenny about the cable TV or dinner. it's what happens after that the differs.

The bug when you clicked on the rooms after helping Jenny in gym was a pure fuck up on my behalf, I have just disabled the the other rooms for now.

The stat screen is still not working but wont break if you click on it, it will just go to Amy's template page with nothing happening.

One big no no, a couple of times Penny is on the map and at least once Jade is on the map, do not click on the home icon until you have spoken to them or it will fuck up, I am re writing the whole map bit now.

@ltpika
You have a point actually. The idea at the start was to have the the map like an open world, but then I started to only put the ppl on it when they were needed for the story, does sort of negate the need for it in that sense. The map is needed for other things but not for the girls really, I'll mull this over, it would make my life easier.

Here is the fix I made, hopefully the prick is alright, but like I say I'm working on a permanent solution now, it will just take me a while.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Sorry @Ammdoss22 I forgot about MAC users. This fixed one (hopefully) is in bits at the moment getting properly fixed, when I get it done I'll make a MAC version and send you a message and you can see if it works as i can't test it. Sometime between tonight and tomorrow my time (it's lunchtime here)

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
I really, really, really like this game. :)

Tbth, I almost didn't DL because I thought the MC looked like a complete wanker- I figured he'd be rude, misogynistic, and generally unpleasant. Despite that, I DL'd it any way because the girls were just too damn cute. ("The power of boners is stronger."- to quote the guy from CinemaSins.) Lol

After playing it- it's refreshing for s-o-o-o-o-o many reasons...
The plot/story is interesting and somewhat believable. The MC (so far as we know) isn't related to any of the girls (how is that even possible? Is this Dev insane?! That type of game won't make it on here). Lol The MC actually kinda turns out to be something of a doofus, but not in a bad way- he seems awkward, respectable, honest, decent, and an all around nice guy (even towards the ladies). He actually seems like he'd be approachable and pretty cool to hang out with, even though he may lot look like it on the surface. I like the writing and the style- there's a good amount of humour in the dialogue (especially Jade's). The art is really well done- the town looks like it's somewhere you'd actually like to visit and it doesn't have the rinse'n'repeat assets that are over-used in so many other games. The girls are adorable, charming, and petite. They seem like real sweethearts (yes, even the cranky one- Jade, who looks like a young Rose from Doctor Who). :p They each have their own unique thing (attitude, personality, and fashion) that makes them who they are and you can easily tell them apart from each other. The animations are really fluid and don't even stutter on my doorstop of a computer. I'm a huge fan of that... Although all of the girls are attractive- my heart belongs to Penny. I really Love Penny- she's like an updated Wednesday Addams and kinda looks like a "living" Living Dead Doll. Mmmmmm, Penny in purple and black...my two favorite colours. AND that Goth school-girl outfit and thigh-highs...ugh, you're killing me Dev- I only have SO much blood in my body. So, I'm expecting either my heart will stop beating OR to suffer brain damage and pass out from rapid blood re-distribution. Lol Why does she have to be the hardest one to get...I guess it'll only be that much sweeter when I finally do...

This game has so much going for it and the potential to truly become a great game.

I hope that this game becomes more popular and wish the Dev nothing but the best. :)

"The phone will hide itself during conversations, this is because it's rude to use your phone during conversations."- Comedy gold. Lol

Amy's towel was very becoming- it needed to "be coming" off. :D

Also, what was the bonus scene? I didn't cheat on the apple mini-game, but after the announcement- I immediately went swimming with Jade. Was that the bonus scene?

Ooooh, oooh, oooh and more Bella. :)

Last, but not least- is the game supposed to crash/return to the Main Menu when that cute li'l redhead says "I know you."? Because mine did. :(

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Also, I was going through the "Image" folder and I don't remember getting to play video games with Mikayla or encountering Danni. Who exactly is Danni?

Any info is appreciated. :)

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Also, what was the bonus scene? I didn't cheat on the apple mini-game, but after the announcement- I immediately went swimming with Jade. Was that the bonus scene?
I assumed it was the swimming scene as well. Or maybe just her taking off her swimsuit. This one picture where she stands with her feet in the water, covering her nudity with her hands. She looks like Botticelli's Birth of Venus - Jade, a genuine piece of art.

Edit- looked back and she was actually wearing a two piece swimsuit. My imagination is running wild. Still, a piece of art though.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
I assumed it was the swimming scene as well. Or maybe just her taking off her swimsuit. This one picture where she stands with her feet in the water, covering her nudity with her hands. She looks like Botticelli's Birth of Venus - Jade, a genuine piece of art.

Edit- looked back and she was actually wearing a two piece swimsuit. My imagination is running wild. Still, a piece of art though.
I agree and excellent art reference. :) She is a cutie...but she's no Penny. Lol Most of Penny's scenes in her bedroom are suitable for framing.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
No one is going to stop you. I won't, I think my wife would object;). I have to agree Penny is probably the prettiest of them all.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes