VN Ren'Py Completed Hustle Town [Complete] [Mickydoo]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
At Gym Jenny comes up to talk to the MC she's using Jade's name though and the MC called her Jenny.

You forgot to remove the pop can from the scene so there is a half a can showing.

Melody and Niki looked cute.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
@kitten236 it's that Jade_Swim doing that to you, it shouldn't, I'm looking at it now.

@myuhinny Jenny is defined as jj, Jade is defined as j, in hindsight I would of called them names with a different letter. And thanks for the soda can.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
@kitten236 can you please tell me at what point in the game that happened to you, I just played the apple part both ways where it changes from false to true and I got no error Jade_Swim is defined when you run the game so it shouldn't be an issue.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@kitten236

Did you start a new game or did you try to use a old save if you tried to use a old save then that would be the cause for the error as Jade_swim is a newly added variable to the game. If you try to use old saves you'll get crashes.

Reactions: mickydoo

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
The game is pretty awesome the girls are nice and the game is worth a big time and i think it will be getting even better xD
1 sugestion to the developer @mickydoo you should put the color of names more darkness or with a bit dark square cause in some situations is almost impossible see the names cause the behind pictures :D
and gratz for the good game and keep the good work :D

Great regards Scrot

Reactions: Akuniz and mickydoo

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I finally got around to playing this one, and it must be said; I really like this one, a lot :)
A mystery (or is it more than one) to solve, doing favors to earn delights, a very nice setting, refreshingly original models, love the characters :)
If there was one thing that I'd like "improved" then it would be the length of the animations, a bit longer animations would be nice, but that's about all, hehe :)
Very good job you've done @mickydoo, keep it up, very much looking forward to next update, this is a lovely game :)

Akuniz

Oct 27, 2018
Got to admit, one of the best games i saw in a bit. The girls are great, with distinc (for now) personalityes and a seemly stable story. At parts i actualy identify myself with The MC (trying to sleep, someone knocks on the door, who the F* it is lol). I just got to say... be ready to be bombarded to the usual "minor looking" caracters, as it seems only "busty americanized bimbo's" are allowed these days (people forget the woman of the rest of the world are diferent, specialy south european ones as is depicted in this game). Anyway keep the good job up.

Reactions: Skalli

Akuniz

Oct 27, 2018
Exacly. Just the "patron" policy of these days seems to be forced... or manipuleded... at some point from "pressure goups" that infiltrated this industry. Call me what you want, its my take of their behaviour. Im not a "conspiracy theory" ppl but to me is what it seems and it follows to some1's agenda. True or not, devs go with the flow or not... time will tell.

PS: PETITE IS NOT CHILD. (sorry had discutions on other places aout this)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I think they just think it's the norm all girls need huge boobs and all MC's need fake horse cocks. For me I ignore huge breasted girls and ignore many of the sex scenes with horse cocks. I played bastard girls the other day and ignored all girls except for ones like the maid and Carol.

Reactions: Skalli and Akuniz

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
@mickydoo if you still want to play with Ren'py's screenshots for the insta-like app, here's an example of how to do it :

Python:
init python:
    screenshotDir = renpy.os.path.expanduser(b"~/Desktop") if renpy.macapp else config.renpy_base

def screenshotList():
        return [ renpy.os.path.join( screenshotDir, name ).replace( '\\', '/' ) for name in renpy.os.listdir( screenshotDir ) if name.startswith( "screenshot" ) ]

screen screenshotShown( file ):

default thumb = False

if thumb is False:
        imagebutton:
            idle im.Scale(file, 100, 100)
            action SetScreenVariable( "thumb", True )
    else:
        add file

textbutton "done":
            xalign 0.5
            yalign 0.5
            action Return()

label start:

$ l = screenshotList()
    "[l]"
    while len( l ) > 0:
        $ a = l.pop( 0 )
        "[a]"
        call screen screenshotShown( a )
    "FINISHED"
I made it loop outside of the screen since it's just a demo, but all you need is in this code. You'll see the screenshot first at a thumbnail, and by clicking on it, you'll see it full size and the button to quit the screen.
Obviously it need screenshots to works, but well a simple if screenshotList() == [] is enough to take care of this.
It's also probably a good idea to create the thumbnails when making the list, since it will take less time than having them redone each time the player have to display it.

kiltro

Jul 1, 2017
I created a custom version of the game containing the following modifications:
  • Main UI adapted to multiple screen sizes/devices.
  • Compressed assets (around 43-83 MB unpacked).
  • Cutscene/Animation can be disabled on the first startup of the game and in the settings menu (Needed for low end/old devices).
I also created android versions:

Win -- / /

Linux -- / /

MacOS -- / /

Android armeabi-v7a -- / /

Android x86_x64 -- / /

If you encounter any bug or issue, please let me know.
MacOS doesn't work for me, on High Sierra

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

When you went to look for Melony with Penny, there was a 75% chance you met Nicky at the phone shop, in that scenario Melony was always at the last place you looked, didn't matter which spot it was. Either way that was only for fun, you run into her again pretty soon, she will either know you or she won't.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes