VN Ren'Py Completed Hustle Town [Complete] [Mickydoo]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

Akuniz

Oct 27, 2018
I have no idea if Mickydoo has had any issues with Patreon about the petite girls. But I would like to say this, age isn't about the body figure, it's about how old the face looks. Many of the arguments I have seen on F95 about petite=young are invalid because the examples of characters they try to use have faces that look too young. The real problem wasn't about the body at all. I will not touch the game The Battle of the Bulges, sure the bodies are all grown up but the faces of the male characters shown in the sample pictures are clearly the face of children. None of the girls in Hustle Town have faces of children, they all look to be young adults to me.
I totaly agree with you and go even further, i already said, in other posts that im european and (not just the game as a euro setting), most of my family from my fathers side are petite like them (ok some busty but still), my father's wife, my sister, my cousins... God my sister, shes 38 but you look at her face and give her 16. Want to even further, look at asians like indonesians or japanese. Bottom line, why Patreon or other sites "decide" one is minor by "face"?

PS: continue with the game, trust me you got a pearl here, dont let it go.

A city named "Handorf" (sounds German) where shops have French fronts, people have Italian names and everyone speaks English.

As if it wasn't even real!
Try a city with english names, shops with pakestinian names, people has portuguese names and speek in english. Im serious, can even show you in person, go go globalization (got my ppl to blame for that)

Reactions: Arcane666

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Fan Sigs/Fan Signatures:

HT-Fan-Sig-Amy.gif HT-Fan-Sig-Jadey.gif HT-Fan-Sig-Penny.gif HT-Fan-Sig-Mikalya.gif

Links:

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/04/301850_HT-Fan-Sig-Amy.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/04/301851_HT-Fan-Sig-Jadey.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/04/301853_HT-Fan-Sig-Penny.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/04/301852_HT-Fan-Sig-Mikalya.gif

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
@Walg Thanks for the fan sig, I am using it already as you can see.

Maybe I am a bit picky, but I think there is something missing though. Not the girls, they are beautiful as ever. What I mean is the bright summer sunlight that, to me, feels like a signature of Mickydoo's artwork.

If I can find a fan sig that captures this light I might skip to that one.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
@Walg Thanks for the fan sig, I am using it already as you can see.

Maybe I am a bit picky, but I think there is something missing though. Not the girls, they are beautiful as ever. What I mean is the bright summer sunlight that, to me, feels like a signature of Mickydoo's artwork.

If I can find a fan sig that captures this light I might skip to that one.
So I'll just explain the artistic direction for most of the sigs. For every single one of the ladies, there's always more than meets the eye so when it came to more...intimate...moments with them, it's not sunlight that's the focus but something else that might be looming.

Take Penny as an example. After the platform chats, you'll go with her to an empty long-haul train carriage or you'll talk with her in her room. There's no sunlight there. But her moments? And you know she's a time-waster but why is the question. So the darker direction is reflecting on the fact that in a special, sometimes, shining moment, there's always more to them than meets the eye.

I'll certainly take your criticisms on board if I decide that a refresh of these signatures is warranted but hope that it explains why I chose a darker theme for most of them.

Reactions: Furuichi Imadori

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
@Walg I respect your vision of course. I just wanted to point out my thoughts on the special feel I think Mickydoo's work has. But everyone may look at it from a different angle.

Just one more thing I want to add to this. The MC in Hustle Town has proven himself to be a very discrete person. He does not brag, he refuses to tell Jade any details about his encounters with Amy. Therefore the fan sig of Amy feels too much out of character for me. And Penny would not allow her fan sig, this would be game over. If Mikayla saw her fan sig, she would turn red and run away, never to come back again.

Please, don't take this too seriously, though.

Reactions: mickydoo

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
@Walg I respect your vision of course. I just wanted to point out my thoughts on the special feel I think Mickydoo's work has. But everyone may look at it from a different angle.

Just one more thing I want to add to this. The MC in Hustle Town has proven himself to be a very discrete person. He does not brag, he refuses to tell Jade any details about his encounters with Amy. Therefore the fan sig of Amy feels too much out of character for me. And Penny would not allow her fan sig, this would be game over. If Mikayla saw her fan sig, she would turn red and run away, never to come back again.

Please, don't take this too seriously, though.
I get where you're coming from. I see it differently to you though. Just because the MC doesn't overtly brag it doesn't mean he's discreet. Far from it. It just means he's discerning and, more to the point, when he's with one of the women, he's really there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So as much as I appreciate you being a huge supporter of @mickydoo and I appreciate how you've given me your thoughts about the fan sigs, let's say we have a difference in interpretation :)

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
@Walg We do, and let us leave it to that. It is not a bad thing if two people can have a different opinion about a work and both like it.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
New version out now. A couple of things from input here, I have made the dialog box a bit darker making it easier to read outside, there is also a closing credit screen to save confusion.
You can read more about on the Patreon page

I'll put a Mac version up tomorrow.

NoboodyDies

Nov 12, 2017
Can someone tell me how to get both sex scenes in the update? Am aware that its path based but to my memory it's been pretty linear so far?

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
IIRC it depends on the choice you made how to meet Jenny. Either you fix the cable tv or you cook a meal for her. I haven’t tried it yet, since this choice was made a while back and I am not sure if I have a usefull save.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
it's been pretty linear so far?
I haven't played this yet, just browsing forums to see what people are saying about it when I saw this comment.

One of the tags has it down as a dating sim yet they are incredibly branching. Linear game and dating sim do not go together well.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I respect a description like the one here. It tells me that the game is not the kind I play, so I can keep looking for the kind of games that I like to play. I appreciate the time that you took writing this description. Good luck with your game, I hope that it is extremely successful for you.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I read the change log and saw this *changed the wrong spellings of Mikayla to Mikayla* that must of been a very easy fix. :D

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Another one of those games were it is impossible to decide between a favourite girl so far it's Penny the hot goth and Mikayla the cute waitress, was expecting the worst with the mini games but they ain't so bad. Pretty decent so far and a new cute girl pops up now and again the more the merrier I say. :D

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Another good update, I like how things progresses quite nicely each episode :)
Since same things happen or don't happen, based on decisions, I do have to wonder if it's possible to hook up with just one girl and avoid others, is it possible to be with just Amy and keep her all to yourself (meaning no FF nor MFF), or do you hook up with the main girls either way in a linear fashion unavoidably, and only side girls being optional?
Just wondering because I'm not big on FF nor MFF when one or both girls are LIs, I'm not into sharing of any kind :p

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Migrated to Canada - Is the mother a bird or something? As the term migrated is only used when talking about birds or other animals migrating from one area to a different area. People don't migrate they move.

Scene transition off.

Weird box appears above librarian's head before and during the 2nd talk with her.

Scene inconsistency.

Wrong name being used

Hard to spell names like Mikayla you could just copy and paste the name then whenever you need to use her name instead of typing it out.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes