Ren'Py I Won't Back Down [v0.1.1] [HoneyBeeStudio]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

HoneyBeeSt

Game Developer
Aug 22, 2021
Can i say something? I have only played the game a little while but moving through the rooms is super annoying. Dev, if you read this please change the map to something usable.
maybe a house blueprint with rooms on it - so that we can click and move to it. And you could have little icons to show if someone was in the room or not.
Already changed :D

Reactions: sanji700
Nov 19, 2018
Hello Michelangelo!!
Well, I started in Unity with fungus because I believed that by doing it in Unity I would have many possibilities.
Fungus is an incredible plugin, but tinkering with unity wasn't very easy. I don't have a lot of time available and I had to learn a lot of things like creating a main menu, creating a save and load system and settings, among other things.
With time I would certainly be able to do it, but it was taking a loooong time. I think it took almost a year to structure the game and when I switched to Renpy it took about two or three months to get to the same point because Renpy already had a lot of things ready. That's why I switched to Renpy.
Ah, I see, you chose quality of life over creative freedom. Not saying it's a bad move – actually, it's pretty smart if you think you won't be able to use all the potential of Unity and Fungus. Haven't tried your game yet, but it's now on my list!

And hey, I'm really curious to see what your Fungus project looks like after a year of development. Since you're not going to keep it up, would you be willing to share it?

Nov 19, 2018
HoneyBeeSt Okay, so I gave it a quick look, and here are some notes that maybe can help you:

1. The room navigation menu feels not very user-friendly. Maybe you could use smaller thumbnails and avoid too many scrolls. And for bathrooms connected to rooms, maybe you could put them horizontally next to each room?
  2. Having to go back to the room to hit the 'advance time' button is kinda annoying. I get that other games do it too, but with your navigation menu, it's a bit of a pain. Maybe you want to think of an alternative?
  3. After the first night, you can find Mary in two places: the kitchen, which is right place, and Catherine's room. If you talk to Mary from Catherine's room, you hit an error and the screen goes black until the end of the whole scene.
  4. At the game's start, you have to name all the girls. It'd be great if you let players name them as they're introduced. When I hit the play button, I want to play, not think of family relationships of people I have not even care about (yet).
  5. Also, I think it would be great if you can combine all tasks into one list, instead of splitting them among characters. Doubt you'll have that many tasks per person to fill that big empty space on the menu. And it'd be nicer for the player.
  6. After talking to Mary in the kitchen, the task menu still says I need to talk to Mary in the kitchen. Had to roam the whole house to figure out I had to move to the next day, and spy on Mary in the shower. Maybe its because there's no more content? But I found content roaming around the house.
  7. And most importantly, you should run all the text through a spellchecker. I get English isn't your first language, but there are some eye-bleeding errors.
On the plus side (because those were a lot of "positive criticism" and don't wanna demotivate you): the animations are good. Characters are pretty decent too. The dialogues are nice, one can tell you've put effort into developing the characters and conversations.

Overall, it's visible you've put hours and soul to it. Big congrats on the hard work! Not my style of game, but I wish you the best of luck on this adventure you've just started ;)

Reactions: sanji700

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.1.1

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 75 MB

Come find me on Discord:

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes