Jan 10, 2018
Is this a fun game to play? See mixed reviews...
It depends on what you're looking for, really. If it's sexual content, that's very much a bonus rather than the main focus here. If it's a business sim, then it'll probably be mildly disappointing to dedicated fans of the genre.

As specifically an idol management simulator, though, it's pretty decent at this point. Chasing business while trying to maintain a consistent image, debating whether all that security is worth chasing off the fans at handshake events, questioning just how much your top idol is really worth, managing the talent, trying to handle personality conflicts... It's all present to an extent, and what's there works reasonably well.

But it's also clear that it will all be better a couple of updates from now, in my opinion. The game will really benefit from more events to help shake things up, so that instead of the occasional idol who would prefer to avoid political work, you have a stable full of idols who all have opinions on how they want their careers to go, and instead of everyone pretty much being friends, you have more frequent rivalries and strong friendships. I mean, these are mostly teenagers we're talking about.

In short, I think it's pretty fun, and only looks to get better - but it's very much a matter of taste.

What I'm really waiting for is someone creative to make a fine ass mod with great story events and tons of pics. Base game is also fun(as an normal SFW game).
I can already see potential in the Influence system, honestly. Set up one of your idols for a few staged scandals, fire a random stylist to clear her name, use the gained influence to put her in an even more obviously dubious situation, fire a seasoned stylist to gain even more leverage over her, then demand she sleeps with you. What, she's not into women? Well, that's why we're blackmailing her instead of flirting with her, obviously. Bonus points if there's a chance she goes to the police and you get a really big scandal out of it.

Plus the usual dodgy "Oh, you thought we only did gravure? Well, we have a partnership with an AV company as well, and your numbers have been really bad lately, you need to bring in some more money if we're going to keep you..." and casting couch plotlines.

Which isn't to say that there isn't plenty of potential for sweet love scenarios as well, of course. Just that the mechanics of the game already lend themselves well to some pretty sleazy scenarios.

smth4nothin

Jul 6, 2017
you're likely going to have to get a loan to start it up. Be sure to check your expected revenue before applying for the loan
Just to clarify, unlike bank loans - which take a week to get approved and have interest - Fujimoto will lend you money instantly and at a 0% rate. Meaning there is no downside to getting the maximum possible amount from him, as long as you remember that it's a loan and not a gift. Pay off the remainder of his previous loan before getting a new one (if you can), butter him up at the annual awards show, and the amount he's ready to lend grows greatly. My first playthrough, he was ready to lend me ¥127mil by the middle of year 2, and that was with part of his previous loan still outstanding. You'll need to fulfill certain goals to unlock future loans from him, but so far they've all been very achievable (e.g. "release a single in [genre]", or "get [idol] a certain kind of job").

Additional assorted tips:
  • You don't have to use every single idol in every song you release. It's ok to have only part of the team in the lineup. In fact, it's perfectly ok to have some idols focus exclusively on contracts and alternative media.
  • Doctors do not only deal with injuries and depression. When otherwise free they can take in tired idols and greatly heal their fatigue.
  • Speaking of, you don't have to assign idols to training/production/doctors manually. Left click on the room and enable the "auto training" or whatever.

Reactions: Sir Thane and Lerd0
Dec 19, 2018
Core of this game is solid and addictive, just needs more to it. Mods would help a lot but there just aren't any.
Is there a way to fire idols? Seems like once you hire them you're stuck with them

Jan 10, 2018
Just to clarify, unlike bank loans - which take a week to get approved and have interest - Fujimoto will lend you money instantly and at a 0% rate. Meaning there is no downside to getting the maximum possible amount from him, as long as you remember that it's a loan and not a gift. Pay off the remainder of his previous loan before getting a new one (if you can), butter him up at the annual awards show, and the amount he's ready to lend grows greatly. My first playthrough, he was ready to lend me ¥127mil by the middle of year 2, and that was with part of his previous loan still outstanding. You'll need to fulfill certain goals to unlock future loans from him, but so far they've all been very achievable (e.g. "release a single in [genre]", or "get [idol] a certain kind of job").

Additional assorted tips:
  • You don't have to use every single idol in every song you release. It's ok to have only part of the team in the lineup. In fact, it's perfectly ok to have some idols focus exclusively on contracts and alternative media.
  • Doctors do not only deal with injuries and depression. When otherwise free they can take in tired idols and greatly heal their fatigue.
  • Speaking of, you don't have to assign idols to training/production/doctors manually. Left click on the room and enable the "auto training" or whatever.
Though, there's no downside (except for the fatigue) for using every idol, if you have less than fifteen. They all add to the overall quality, and it earns them a bit of fame and skill. You should probably leave out the ones on the brink of collapse to avoid injury, however.

Regarding autotraining, you should also click on the idol's individual menu to tell them to focus on certain types of practice; this will mitigate, but not eliminate, situations in which you an idol training past their potential hogging a slot that other idols would make better use of.

On another training note, stylists don't cost stamina, but do take significantly longer to provide improvement; once you have the budget, it's a good idea to hire a few more of them. Even if you're not focusing on their appearance, you'll have plenty of times when they have nothing else they can reasonably do.

Core of this game is solid and addictive, just needs more to it. Mods would help a lot but there just aren't any.
Is there a way to fire idols? Seems like once you hire them you're stuck with them
Socialize with an idol and talk to her about "graduation".
Though, do bear in mind that you can't fire them if they have influence over you - be it from an event, or from getting injured under your employ. If that happens, you'll either have to accomplish a task for them, push them for a while, or blackmail them first.

teddidiah

Mar 24, 2019
Though, there's no downside (except for the fatigue) for using every idol, if you have less than fifteen. They all add to the overall quality, and it earns them a bit of fame and skill. You should probably leave out the ones on the brink of collapse to avoid injury, however.
There is a downside, and a significant one; all the girls involved in a single will sing it during a concert, not just the center girl. The center takes the most stamina hit, but it's important to get a cadre of tunes sung by different girls to allow people to rest.

Jan 10, 2018
There is a downside, and a significant one; all the girls involved in a single will sing it during a concert, not just the center girl. The center takes the most stamina hit, but it's important to get a cadre of tunes sung by different girls to allow people to rest.
Really? I never noticed... But I also praise my choreographer during the awards ceremony, which appears to reduce stamina loss during concerts to a third. That must be why.

EDIT: Oh, wait, it was for winning "Best Concert", not anything to do with who I thanked... Oh.

Last edited:

rickyabp

Aug 1, 2017
Was just trying to mod in some characters but it seems bugged. First modded character I get works fine, but every subsequent one after that has same the hair type slapped onto it. Read the mod editor documentation, so I'm at a loss.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zero_Blazer

Jun 12, 2018
I think I'm stuck. There was a letter from some TV studio asking if i wanted to attend, and I said yes, but now I have no story mission. Am I supposed to do something ingame with the mechanics?

Also, I think my game also bugged with the dating. After getting to level 2 or 3, it played an event saying how the girl had a good time last night, but they character shown was not the idol I went out with. So not sure if that also made things weird and wonky.

EDIT: Also, I remembered that every time I ask about gossip or relationships, it updates with doubles in their status. Is this normal, since it's a beta?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020
try

try with Cheat Engine, it's works (for me)
No, CE isn't the best way, just edit the save files with any .json file editor, many coders programs can do that, I use Atom. I can edit almost everything, the only thing I can't edit is the fan's number. On MAC, the saves files are in this path: /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/unity.Glitch Pitch.Idol Manager/data/story_mode/The Sexy Idols_7427086e/manual_saves
Regarding Windows, I don't know where they are, but on the internet I've seen many people saying where they are, so just search.

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes