EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Some questions here in this thread get repeated a lot. Once or more every few pages. Like: How to have 3P? Where is the 4th girl? Is there a mod for more than 4 girls? How to add downloaded characters to the game? etcetera.

Can somebody please edit the first post and add a FAQ about these?
Yes, I would heartily agree... We should have a single FAQ post that can be edited/updated either by the community or moderators since this forum has become the centralized conversation point for the game. The post grows by 3-7 pages every day. Which makes questions answered just yesterday, buried under the last 150 posts, and most people (no offense) are either too busy or impatient to go back and read that many posts in reverse when the thread is active enough to get the question answered again. Also, we are at that point in an Hgame where word is spreading and the number of users is multiplying rapidly as the word of mouth advertising increases exponentially, creating a much larger group of new users. Lets face it, due to lack of international advertising, the majority of these games take a few months to really get the word out -- very few are on the cutting edge of new releases...

Ergo, I second the idea, which has also been presented a few times in this thread already, can a mod sticky a FAQ post in the #1 spot on the first page of this thread. I mean, F95zone is currently centrally replacing several dead modding sites and forums -- time to shine!

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
I found a helpful Page:

Its japanese you might googletranslate it... to laugh.
Nice find, a simple translation brush up could be the basis of the FAQ page we need to put on the first page of this thread, an absolutely basic game manual...

Ironically, thinking this was a survival game where you could "lose," or die, in the tutorial I spent a lot of time fishing so we were always eating well... LOL!

Reactions: HiddenGameMember
Sep 17, 2019
Doesnt R2 have the 1108 update in it though? Thats what I read in the readme.
excuseme ,yes you are right
Statement:
Weil ich aus Deutschland komme habe ich einige Schwierigkeiten eine verneinende oder bejahende Frage zu übersetzen,
Beziehungsweise den Unterschied genau zu identifizieren- Dieses Könnte auch an mir selber liegen aber solche Dinge zu übersetzen ist manchmal schwierig.
Sarkasmus und Ironie geht meistens in die Hose,
Ist nicht böse gemeint und ich will mich ja auch weiterbilden.

Last edited:

--

Sep 26, 2017
excuseme ,yes you are right
Statement:
Weil ich aus Deutschland komme habe ich einige Schwierigkeiten eine verneinende oder bejahende Frage zu übersetzen,
Beziehungsweise den Unterschied genau zu identifizieren- Dieses Könnte auch an mir selber liegen aber solche Dinge zu übersetzen ist manchmal schwierig.
Sarkasmus und Ironie geht meistens in die Hose,
Ist nicht böse gemeint und ich will mich ja auch weiterbilden.
Ich verstehe manchmal die Übersetzung ist nicht richtig und es ist nicht Ihre Schuld, es ist die maschinelle Übersetzung, die falsch ist.

(y)

Reactions: HiddenGameMember

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Okay, never tried any of the games you mentioned O_O but if people have to change the whole rendering process to optimize the game isn't that ALSO an indication of the limits of the game engine itself? Whereas, in my eyes, simple tweaks to Bethesda's engine give almost stellar results in comparison; and people are just slamming Bethesda for buggy games all the time and through ten years now XD

Might give Subnautica a go even though I am not really interested just to see what you mean. Thank you for your input!
Just pulled my old Titan out an replaced it with the newer (2018) release of the ASUS Cerberus 1050ti OC Edition, and moved the game to one of my Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSDs and I'm pulling 55-89 frames regularly with the highest graphic settings in 4K resolution after optimizing the game for the graphics card manually. Sure I also have an i7 OCed at 4.99Ghz, 32GB RAM, etc., in a Cyberpower Fang III Black Mamba -- but honestly, the game looks pretty damn amazing on the highest resolution settings and doesn't run half bad. The biggest optimization flaw that I see now (with my graphics handling system more-or-less running in an up-to-date fashion) is the poor handling of the girl's "AI choice system," which batters even an overclocked i7 with optimized hyper threading and the game running CPU affinity optimizations separating the game from the OS data streams... There are just way to many calculations per second taking place and this is why you get those frequent lag spikes with multiple girls loaded where FPS will drop while doing mundane things, or even nothing, because the girls are switching animations somewhere, even when you don't see them.

The only honest poor graphics optimizations I can see now, are the lack of unseen shader/model culling where you are virtually rendering the whole world at once and refreshing that all the time for nothing. Since this is not a high octane FPS kill fest with a bunch of action, there is no need for slamming out 144 FPS when the human optic nerves can only send signals at roughly 24-45fps (being visually impaired to 20/20 vision young adult) ergo, anything above 45 appears as fluid as 144 (although the faster GPU FPS rendering can cause some slightly more noticeable color depth effects, that are separate from the render speed but more in tune with your perception of light and depth, that is the "difference" you can visually see, not actual movement quality).

As far as the "limitations" of Unity, have you seen "Book of the Dead," "District 9," or "ADAM?" In my current class we learned about ADAM, and how to achieve some of that post processing technique for creating realistic textures and graphic rendering... It's amazingly optimized stuff! Unity is so versatile and modifiable that you can do almost anything... So believe me, it is more dirty amateur 1st full Unity game scripting that is the problem, and not limitations of Unity that are the issue...

thinform932

Oct 12, 2018
The only honest poor graphics optimizations I can see now, are the lack of unseen shader/model culling where you are virtually rendering the whole world at once and refreshing that all the time for nothing.

Did you ever see my response about FarClipPlane or did it get buried in the thread?

Anyway, I tried setting the affinity to AI-syojyou.exe to only cores 1, 2, and 3 , leaving 0 for the OS. However, I once I close the game after setting the affinity and re-open the game, it is back to the default affinity (using all 4 cores). I tried to remedy that by making a shortcut to the AI-S executable that starts it up using the desired affinity, by running this line
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 0E "[path to AI-Syoujyo.exe]"
(I found it. I did not come up with it), but I don't really notice a difference despite the game displaying that it's running only on cores 1, 2, and 3, so I don't know if I am applying this correctly or what.

Reactions: EroShane

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
No log, exit game with Esc seems to be the only way since there is no UI anymore on the screen, only the girl without text :/

I could remove the Nympho trait ingame to avoid those ingame events but that's kinda ruin the purpose of that gameplay part.
What "Nympho" trait? What are you referring to?

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
How do you guys manage clothing? I recently read in this thread that there is an issue with current configuration in Better Repack 1.3 that doesnt enable the girls to change their wardrobe.

Currently my girls just switch dresses before sitting in the tub (fully clothed) and then switch back to their first one I gave them in the character creator.
In the upright "wardrobe" (closet, dresser, however it was translated for your game) -- The white armoire thingy... There are two places to put clothing. The "top" doors and the "bottom" drawers. The top is regular daily wear clothing, the bottom is bathing apparel. You can only place bathing suits in the one that looks like baskets on a rack, it is the "bottom" storage only, as are all the random "dresser" locations on the map. Only by using the top doors on the wardrobe, can you add wearable clothing outfits, otherwise you end up with the girls putting on a "work clothes" outfit or dress you designed to take a bath.

For some reason, the top doors cannot be highlighted on many people's games now. No idea why, but if you stand in front, only the bottom goes green, no matter how much you look up. I even tried placing a temporary wardrobe in a base build with a random staircase next to it, then staking the small stone framed floor #3 to make a stair step up to the front where you cannot see the bottom half, it still won't lock on to the top doors. Until this gets some attention, I don't think we'll have dynamic clothing changing that makes any sense anymore.

It wasn't the BR1.3 but when the 1108 patch was added to BR1.3. I am going to try to grab a clean BR2 full and import my saves to it and see if that fixes the issue, but I don't know... I also don't know if this was fudged on Illusion's end or not, as most DLC update and patch issues have been thus far...

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Did you ever see my response about FarClipPlane or did it get buried in the thread?

Anyway, I tried setting the affinity to AI-syojyou.exe to only cores 1, 2, and 3 , leaving 0 for the OS. However, I once I close the game after setting the affinity and re-open the game, it is back to the default affinity (using all 4 cores). I tried to remedy that by making a shortcut to the AI-S executable that starts it up using the desired affinity, by running this line
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 0E "[path to AI-Syoujyo.exe]"
(I found it. I did not come up with it), but I don't really notice a difference despite the game displaying that it's running only on cores 1, 2, and 3, so I don't know if I am applying this correctly or what.
No sir, it was certainly buried... In 3 days we added like 20 pages here... I'll go back and check later after work... Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: thinform932

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Holy crap that is big, must have taken a while to build.

I only just discovered it was gone a little while ago myself. I've heard rumors of it just going under due to maintenance costs or being attacked constantly over an extended period, but I don't know why for sure.

No problem, just keep in mind that an HF patch may not be out yet whether anyone is working on one or not.

Wait, the girls are canonically not human? I didn't know that. Then again, I don't read machine translated text after the hell I go through with certain elements of the Koikatsu translation, namely anything not translated by Illusion, so I skipped the story element because it is in that category even if it may or may not be high quality for the type.

I'm on a GTX 1060 and I don't have a problem with lag on this one. That said, I do have problems with the previous game, Koikatsu, which I think stem from having so many characters. It seems to not be fully optimized for even the character load AA2 was capable of without issue, this definitely doesn't seem to be a graphics issue. I can't say the same for AI Girl issues since I haven't had any.

The Better Repack version in the OP has a save that meets your request. It may not be at absolute 100%, but it is no doubt finished to the housing island at least.
No they are AI and were created in the laboratory on the Island... It seems by Shan's/Beauty's "father" which the word seems to be progenitor, which could mean creator, originator, or founder in English, so father seems to be a poor translation also. Shan/Beauty was the first on the island after the "father" vanished (word could also have meant perished, which could also mean died, etc., looking at the state of the island in a Chernobyl like appearance, it seems something bad happened to humanity) and she has since maintained it (poorly may I personally add). Also, when the girls first appear they are all retarded and will literally die if you don't teach them how to eat, sleep, bathe, farm up food, etc., even though they are apparently 20-ish by their base appearance. Lending to the idea that they are in fact, AI-Girls... Also, no pregnancy and such, no "high risk" days or anything like former Illusion games... It seems they are androids... for many reasons besides the title.

Also the first girl's growth story reveals how she is mentally evolving and she is grateful for you teaching her to be human.

I feel there is more than enough evidence to support the robots concept than to refute it, regardless of translation flukes.

Feb 23, 2019
Just pulled my old Titan out an replaced it with the newer (2018) release of the ASUS Cerberus 1050ti OC Edition, and moved the game to one of my Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSDs and I'm pulling 55-89 frames regularly with the highest graphic settings in 4K resolution after optimizing the game for the graphics card manually. Sure I also have an i7 OCed at 4.99Ghz, 32GB RAM, etc., in a Cyberpower Fang III Black Mamba -- but honestly, the game looks pretty damn amazing on the highest resolution settings and doesn't run half bad. The biggest optimization flaw that I see now (with my graphics handling system more-or-less running in an up-to-date fashion) is the poor handling of the girl's "AI choice system," which batters even an overclocked i7 with optimized hyper threading and the game running CPU affinity optimizations separating the game from the OS data streams... There are just way to many calculations per second taking place and this is why you get those frequent lag spikes with multiple girls loaded where FPS will drop while doing mundane things, or even nothing, because the girls are switching animations somewhere, even when you don't see them.

The only honest poor graphics optimizations I can see now, are the lack of unseen shader/model culling where you are virtually rendering the whole world at once and refreshing that all the time for nothing. Since this is not a high octane FPS kill fest with a bunch of action, there is no need for slamming out 144 FPS when the human optic nerves can only send signals at roughly 24-45fps (being visually impaired to 20/20 vision young adult) ergo, anything above 45 appears as fluid as 144 (although the faster GPU FPS rendering can cause some slightly more noticeable color depth effects, that are separate from the render speed but more in tune with your perception of light and depth, that is the "difference" you can visually see, not actual movement quality).

As far as the "limitations" of Unity, have you seen "Book of the Dead," "District 9," or "ADAM?" In my current class we learned about ADAM, and how to achieve some of that post processing technique for creating realistic textures and graphic rendering... It's amazingly optimized stuff! Unity is so versatile and modifiable that you can do almost anything... So believe me, it is more dirty amateur 1st full Unity game scripting that is the problem, and not limitations of Unity that are the issue...

Haven't heard of even one of those titles ;O in my mind after seeing Illusion's games, the assets in the Unity store and in general games that sprung from the engine; it was just primitive. I understand that it is the teams behind the games and not the engine itself now. Good to know and at the same time very annoying to have a capable PC, but with spikelags in a seemingly "limited" strain game :D good thing we have modders! (and that we, the first time around, didn't have to throw money at it XD)

jadoresleep

Nov 10, 2019
I have the Better Repack 1.3 and added extension sub downloaded but whenever I go to the housing island (even when i had 1.2) the game lags so much and the water/sky looks "black" or wont load properly plus even if i 'etch' with the merchant the cum turns black or invisible or something (only on the Housing island) ?? Anyone else have this issue?? One would think that since there is only an island and water there would be no glitching/lag compared to the ruined island but idk so i generally avoid going to the housing island but it would be nice to still utilize it... I also tried lowering to performance and graphics to 1 but its still laggy af

• Wow

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
No, because I'm not talking about changing Unity's code, but how Unity is used. Unity is very flexible and a complex 3D game can achieve visually similar results with very different methods. Here I am assuming AI Shoujo is using Unity in a sub-optimal way for its result.

Of course, when I say most of Illusion's code needs changing, this is an assumption, which I base on two things:
1. First, there are obviously more complex and visually nicer games that run faster (and some even use Unity).
2. Earlier in this thread some other user who (unlike me) apparently took a look at Illusion's code, commented that AI Shoujo doesn't even do basic occlusion testing and portals when rendering their world. As a coder who has worked on 3D game stuff before, I can tell this is basic stuff, and if Illusion is not even doing that, I can only imagine the countless other optimization possibilities they are missing - which, given the game's poor performance, makes perfect sense.
Dramu, sub-optimal is an understatement... There are about 3.4GB of unused assets and scripts buried in the game files, vehicles, a driving simulator, wheel and suspension physics, a combat system, a fighting game system controller, 4 different post-processing effect controllers, etc... There are mountains of dead scripts that are commented out... This is a first full Unity game being pounded out too fast with little invested education, experimentation, or optimization. It's like Illusion pridefully watched a few YouTube "How To's" and were like -- I GOT DIS! Btw, how to create the Island and Water -- right here... All Unity 101 stuff for noobs... 90% of this free assets from Unity media...

Exhibit A:

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Haven't heard of even one of those titles ;O in my mind after seeing Illusion's games, the assets in the Unity store and in general games that sprung from the engine; it was just primitive. I understand that it is the teams behind the games and not the engine itself now. Good to know and at the same time very annoying to have a capable PC, but with spikelags in a seemingly "limited" strain game :D good thing we have modders! (and that we, the first time around, didn't have to throw money at it XD)
I probably only really know about it due to being in a video game entertainment based computer programming course in school presently... These are just fine examples of what Unity CAN do with a little bit of effort invested, some time, testing, experimentation, and education... Most games you see coming out of the Unity corner that appear primitive are likely built on the mobile framework, which is by far the most popular for those seeking to put in little work and the smallest investment possible. Then there are the buy-a-game setups for $500-$1000 where you basically create a drag and drop world, modify important character stats, setup your color palette, then export a fully functional game. This is the avenue that creates those 1001 games that look like clones of each other. However, the new experimental Unity HDRP Beta (no Unity support whatsoever) is the real ticket currently, and it's fun creating all your own assets limited only by your imagination and scripting your own animations and such in MS VS2019. Then you know no one else has what you have. Sure it's more of a personal investment but it's really cool... Then there is the SDRP and standard builds, which there is much more support for.

They tried to jump into HDRP blind and honestly, looking at development time and all that, they did -- good... 80% low-B rating... For a build that was released 02.2019 -- they did pretty good. It's the build the bulk of my game was being built on. I started on the old 4.5, transferred it to 02.2019 then updated to HDRP 2019.2.7f2. Which is what ADAM is being animated with... The new post-processing interface is much more streamlined and optimized. AI-Girl was built on the early release prototype build... Which it still hasn't got an official build yet and they are using all of us right now for feedback and to help better optimize their code -- which is the most awesome racket I've ever seen employed, since Unity is stealing it's community's work and ideas essentially for their next fully functional commercial build release! LOL!

Book of the Dead: (an amazing looking Indie game recently released and still in expansion development)

District 9: (and old movie that did most Special Effects anims in Unity, like 10 years ago)

Enk

Jul 5, 2018
I thought so, well that house dont load its bugged or something, has anyone else been able to load this?
I got it to load. First time I tried I let it run for two hours and then gave up. Started the load again last night before going to bed. It was complete when I checked it in the morning. So, more than 2 hours but less than 8. YMMV. It's well worth it. Great housing map! I particularly like the little toolshed surrounded by chain link fence.

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes