JYZ1019

Apr 23, 2018
No log, exit game with Esc seems to be the only way since there is no UI anymore on the screen, only the girl without text :/

I could remove the Nympho trait ingame to avoid those ingame events but that's kinda ruin the purpose of that gameplay part.
Did you by any chance copied the DHHMadworld mod?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I faced the same issue. Remove that mod as its buggy to this version (v2) and everything will be fine.
I don't have that mod, it's still in the Extras folder only, but I still have the issue. Could it be the script mod that allows editing of stats as well?

DarkArray

Jul 5, 2018
How do you guys manage clothing? I recently read in this thread that there is an issue with current configuration in Better Repack 1.3 that doesnt enable the girls to change their wardrobe.

Currently my girls just switch dresses before sitting in the tub (fully clothed) and then switch back to their first one I gave them in the character creator.

Reactions: EroShane

dramu

Aug 14, 2019
I bought a game on Steam called Freeman... it's not a lagfest but instead its incredibly limited graphics and gameplay-wise (what they can do). It is also made in Unity... I think Unity as a game engine is very limited. In Freeman all textures look like absolute shit; and in this game and with mods oooooh boi :-D Even with modders improving AI Girl I don't think it will ever be like a fully optimized game. On another note, COD:MW is not optimized either; and that is a AAA game publisher; so I think Illusion is atleast up there in optimization; and the modders are very fast! (compared to Fallout 4 and Skyrim fx)
The problem's not Unity. Sure, you can find a lot of sh*t-looking games made using Unity, but that is only because Unity is easy to start with and is free, so a lot of amateurs and wanna-be game makers use it. But you can absolutely make good-looking and fast-running games with it (for example, see titles such Cities Skylines, Arizona Sunshine, Firewatch, Subnautica, etc.). The real problem is, Illusion never seems to invest time and money into optimizing their games performance-wise. Even their earlier games that did not use Unity were very slow compared to their visuals, at least with the hardware that was available at that time.

And no, modders will not be able to change this (again, not because of Unity). They might show some limited results which will be either due to optimizing game models/textures, in some cases due to finding and changing variables and some short code that influences visual quality. But truely optimizing games like AI Shoujo is not about finding the best quality sliders and minimizing textures, but changing the whole rendering process, the order of what is rendered, and adding hundreds of tricks for rendering only what is truely visible, varying the level of detail for far-away objects, making use of GPU-specific properties, even micro-optimizations, adding pipelining for everything the game does, and many more things. These changes are on a scale that would need an almost complete reverse-engineering of the whole game-code, and probably necessitate a major rework/rewrite of it, including changing whole processes and algorithms. No modder will be able to invest this many ressources and man-hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: EroShane and Nasedo

1 2

Aug 11, 2019
I faced the same issue. Remove that mod as its buggy to this version (v2) and everything will be fine.
It worked for me, thank you!

I don't have that mod, it's still in the Extras folder only, but I still have the issue. Could it be the script mod that allows editing of stats as well?
Try to remove DHH MadWorld v1.2.1 from that Extra folder.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It worked for me, thank you!

Try to remove DHH MadWorld v1.2.1 from that Extra folder.
It doesn't get read from the Mods folder, removing it will have no effect. I already know that because a program can only read what it is programmed to and it was definitely not programmed to read the Mods folder. That's why the mods are there in the first place, so they don't affect the game until the user wants them to. EDIT: I did it anyway and it acted just as I thought, no effect by removing the Mods folder. I'm going to attempt to remove the scripts and see if that is the cause. If it is, I'll see about getting in contact with the modder for a fix. EDIT: I've been talking about the wrong folder, I meant the [OPTIONAL] Mods folder. EDIT: ScrewThisNoise Looks like this bug where the game just looks at the girl without dialogue when she's supposed to be saying her after H dialogue is in the game itself. We'll have to wait for Illusion to patch it if they ever find out. In the mean time, since I don't have another trait I can overwrite it with as it says I need on one of the loading screens, I have a Koikatsu repack to unpack and set up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 2
Feb 23, 2019
The problem's not Unity. Sure, you can find a lot of sh*t-looking games made using Unity, but that is only because Unity is easy to start with and is free, so a lot of amateurs and wanna-be game makers use it. But you can absolutely make good-looking and fast-running games with it (for example, see titles such Cities Skylines, Arizona Sunshine, Firewatch, Subnautica, etc.). The real problem is, Illusion never seems to invest time and money into optimizing their games performance-wise. Even their earlier games that did not use Unity were very slow compared to their visuals, at least with the hardware that was available at that time.

And no, modders will not be able to change this (again, not because of Unity). They might show some limited results which will be either due to optimizing game models/textures, in some cases due to finding and changing variables and some short code that influences visual quality. But truely optimizing games like AI Shoujo is not about finding the best quality sliders and minimizing textures, but changing the whole rendering process, the order of what is rendered, and adding hundreds of tricks for rendering only what is truely visible, varying the level of detail for far-away objects, making use of GPU-specific properties, even micro-optimizations, adding pipelining for everything the game does, and many more things. These changes are on a scale that would need an almost complete reverse-engineering of the whole game-code, and probably necessitate a major rework/rewrite of it, including changing whole processes and algorithms. No modder will be able to invest this many ressources and man-hours.
Okay, never tried any of the games you mentioned O_O but if people have to change the whole rendering process to optimize the game isn't that ALSO an indication of the limits of the game engine itself? Whereas, in my eyes, simple tweaks to Bethesda's engine give almost stellar results in comparison; and people are just slamming Bethesda for buggy games all the time and through ten years now XD

Might give Subnautica a go even though I am not really interested just to see what you mean. Thank you for your input!

Deditated

Jun 30, 2018
How do I get the girls to eat? I ask them to, but they never do. What even is the consequence of them NOT eating?

PhantomThief

Aug 26, 2019
Deditated
I think they can not die by starving. (You have at most abdominal pain and are in a bad mood, then you can wait or fix it with medicine)
You have to cook something at a cooking place and store it in the storehouse.
You will take something independently.
You can also tell them to eat something, but when they are cold, they will say they have other things to do.

121119_aigirl.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: EroShane and 1 2

PhantomThief

Aug 26, 2019
I have grilled fish and coconut soup in storage, I ask them to eat, they say YES, but they never eat :(
Do you have a hotplate nearby and a sitting area?
As far as I've seen, they take nothing out of a chest.
I'm not sure but it depends on the personality, some personality prefer something different.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
I have grilled fish and coconut soup in storage, I ask them to eat, they say YES, but they never eat :(
At first, the girls do not take food and eat on their own. It all depends on the development of relationships and characteristics of the girl. When relationships and characteristics are high, then you can give food or have lunch together. But the ability to give food is just one of the functions that, with the exception of quests, is not so necessary. You can ignore food at all and relationships will develop anyway
In addition, girls do not always take food or anything else if they do not want it or they do not need it. Usually they ask what they need, and an additional function “what did you ask” appears

dramu

Aug 14, 2019
... if people have to change the whole rendering process to optimize the game isn't that ALSO an indication of the limits of the game engine itself?
No, because I'm not talking about changing Unity's code, but how Unity is used. Unity is very flexible and a complex 3D game can achieve visually similar results with very different methods. Here I am assuming AI Shoujo is using Unity in a sub-optimal way for its result.

Of course, when I say most of Illusion's code needs changing, this is an assumption, which I base on two things:
1. First, there are obviously more complex and visually nicer games that run faster (and some even use Unity).
2. Earlier in this thread some other user who (unlike me) apparently took a look at Illusion's code, commented that AI Shoujo doesn't even do basic occlusion testing and portals when rendering their world. As a coder who has worked on 3D game stuff before, I can tell this is basic stuff, and if Illusion is not even doing that, I can only imagine the countless other optimization possibilities they are missing - which, given the game's poor performance, makes perfect sense.

Reactions: EroShane
Feb 23, 2019
No, because I'm not talking about changing Unity's code, but how Unity is used. Unity is very flexible and a complex 3D game can achieve visually similar results with very different methods. Here I am assuming AI Shoujo is using Unity in a sub-optimal way for its result.

Of course, when I say most of Illusion's code needs changing, this is an assumption, which I base on two things:
1. First, there are obviously more complex and visually nicer games that run faster (and some even use Unity).
2. Earlier in this thread some other user who (unlike me) apparently took a look at Illusion's code, commented that AI Shoujo doesn't even do basic occlusion testing and portals when rendering their world. As a coder who has worked on 3D game stuff before, I can tell this is basic stuff, and if Illusion is not even doing that, I can only imagine the countless other optimization possibilities they are missing - which, given the game's poor performance, makes perfect sense.
Maybe they are trying to emulate the larger game companies by outsourcing a lot. Everything seems so half-measured nowadays. It's all about the money, and why bother using extra time and money on something that somebody else may fix for you for free ^^ but as you wrote earlier - it is probably not going to happen with AI Girl; or any future release from Illusion for that matter; and understandably so(plus we are kind of NOT contributing on this forum either by pirating their games lol). To be fair I would purchase it if we had the chance here in the west. Thank you for the explanation! :-D

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes