[ILLUSION] AI Girl and Honey Select 2 - Card Sharing Thread

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

P(y)gmalion

Feb 15, 2022
What are people's tricks for making cutouts in clothing? I've had some success exporting the base texture, making parts of it transparent, importing the result as an overlay texture, then hiding the base texture. However, I've heard that there is a method using OcclusionMap? I tried messing around with that but wasn't able to make any visible effect on my model. Suggestions? Is there any advantage of one method over the other?

Here's slightly my tarted-up version of Mr-Fox's Ryouko Yabuki, using the overlay texture method to hide the parts of her leotard that overlap with her garter belt and panties:
View attachment 3364371

She's staring at something of mine and inviting me to stare at something of hers in return :)
I usually do this: with blue I highlight those parts of the texture that do not need to be cut out, with green - those that need to be cut out.
Cut using the AlphaEx setting.
Moreover, using a gradient of these colors you can implement strange things.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Herbmetaru

Oct 12, 2020
I usually do this: with blue I highlight those parts of the texture that do not need to be cut out, with green - those that need to be cut out.
Thank you,... NOw I remeber doing that with the Head-Mask at the BatGirl Outfit :)

Reactions: P(y)gmalion

Siwkann

Jul 16, 2021
Package (all in one) Mods v12 for Honey Select 2 (New mods, cards (Patreon and Comunity), Coordinates,Scenes, DHH Custom, Poses, Overlays, and SSS) google drive again.
Most of the mods present here are not found in the repack of the ScrewThisNoise.
View attachment 1344605
Pack Mods v12 HS2 Google Drive (Maximum Size 869mb ZIP) / (ALL packs) = 25gb ZIP.
BYPASS GDRIVE: create a shortcut in gdrive, create a folder, place the shortcut in the folder and download the folder.

all mods here are 100% updated, I recommend that you exclude similar ones from the ScrewThisNoise repack, to avoid possible conflicts.
I also recommend that you have your game with the most updated repack, you can find it here:
- Version 4.1 DX (my game version)
download the v1, v2, v3, v4,v5,v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11 package before downloading this v12 package or else you will not have the current complete package.
The mod pack looked great but links are down and we can't check it anymore.

Sep 15, 2021
Thanks! I was a little confused as to what you were doing there but I think that I figured it out. Here's what I think to be a complete procedure for making clothing cutouts using OcclusionMap rather than overlays:

1. In Material Editor, export the OcclusionMap.
2. Open it in Gimp.
3. Split the RGBA colour channels using Colors > Components > Decompose.
4. In the Blue channel, colour the parts that you want visible in black and everything else in white. (Starting from an all-black base, select the parts to be visible, invert selection, then fill selection with white.)
5. Recombine the RGBA colour channels using Colors > Components > Recompose.
6. Export the recombined image as PNG.
7. Import the new OcclusionMap.
8. Reduce AlphaEx below 1.0

Advanced: you can use shades of gray rather than black/white for the blue channel. Any pixel value greater than AlphaEx is hidden.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
The mod pack looked great but links are down and we can't check it anymore.
What did you expect - as El´Capitan mentioned this posting is nearly 3 years old.
I guess many of these mods are outdated now or meanwhile part of BetterRepack.

Herbmetaru

Oct 12, 2020
Thanks! I was a little confused as to what you were doing there but I think that I figured it out. Here's what I think to be a complete procedure for making clothing cutouts using OcclusionMap rather than overlays:

1. In Material Editor, export the OcclusionMap.
2. Open it in Gimp.
3. Split the RGBA colour channels using Colors > Components > Decompose.
4. In the Blue channel, colour the parts that you want visible in black and everything else in white. (Starting from an all-black base, select the parts to be visible, invert selection, then fill selection with white.)
5. Recombine the RGBA colour channels using Colors > Components > Recompose.
6. Export the recombined image as PNG.
7. Import the new OcclusionMap.
8. Reduce AlphaEx below 1.0

Advanced: you can use shades of gray rather than black/white for the blue channel. Any pixel value greater than AlphaEx is hidden.
That's one way to do it. Since you're working with Gimp:
You can also just make layers out of the channels by disabling red/blue -> new layer from visible ... and so on.
That way you can faster experimant with the layers for some interestiung results. And you can just use the Degree of Tear step by step:
Screenshot 2024-02-20 195900.PNG.jpg

edit: since I actually like that shirt, I added another level with customizing the DetailGlossMap and the DetailMask. That adds more depth, without touching the BumpMap for a mere 20 KB of data. When more are demanded, you can allways use a bit higher res textures, but I wanted to show the big differences, small things can do.
Pre.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes