Illusion games discussion thread.

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
A question for HS2 users: does Studio NEO V2 handle RAM better than HS1? Because that would be my one complain about HS1, that after two or three uses of NEO, I have to reboot my machine so all the RAM it swallowed can be properly released. Releasing memory using other methods (like opening and closing Photoshop) doesn't really work, and I know this is because the Unity version used on HS1 sucks major dong. So, I'm curious if this is till an issue with HS2.

May 12, 2021
A question for HS2 users: does X handle RAM better than Y? Because that would be my one complain about Y,
t̶̗͑h̸̦̐e̴̲͝ ̵̧͛m̴̤̎e̷̯̓m̷̼̕o̵̖̕r̶̰͠y̵̭̕ ̶͈̎c̴̆͜o̸͎͝r̵̭͒e̶̛̗ ̴̗̈́ḅ̴̋e̶̩̾c̵̡̀o̴͓͌ṃ̵̽e̵͈͗ś̷̥ ̴̮͗c̶̦̑o̶͉͊r̶̜̉r̷̬̀u̸̪̔p̸̺̾t̶͈͆
̴͓̈́g̴̢̉u̴̮͝ḷ̴̈p̶̝͊ ̸̜̿a̷̹͝l̸̍ͅl̷͍̿ ̵̪̌t̷̺̏h̶͕͠e̷̘͋ ̸̢̑a̶̠̓ď̸̪r̵̢̈e̵̢̅ṡ̷̗s̴̜̄ ̴̪̍s̸̤̊p̴̲͠ā̷̭c̵̑ͅe̶̤̋ ̷̺̾ḷ̷͐ḯ̶͖k̴͉̀e̷̘̋ ̶̱͋a̸̼͛ ̸̳̈g̶̻͒r̸̲͊e̶̯͠ẽ̸̜d̴̟̅y̴͕̔ ̴͎̔w̶̰̾h̷̥́ȯ̵̫ȑ̴̼ḙ̴̃
̵̜̉S̶͉̎h̶̥͛o̶̹̿d̸̞̒a̵͇͂ǹ̶̥ ̵̮͂w̴̫̕a̶͓͝n̶͓̑t̵͖̅s̵̩͊ ̷̫͆t̷̜̂o̴͙͝ ̸̪͐r̵̨̒ā̴̟p̴̗̓ě̸̠ ̷̡̀e̵͎͑v̴͖̓e̴͈̒r̵̡͘ỷ̵͜t̸̘̄h̷͉͆i̶̢͝ñ̶ͅĝ̷̳.̴͕̕

then I have to reboot...
Amen Bro. I know it is not healthy to force shutdown via 5 seconds holding down the power button as it always has a chance to kill your HDD/SDD/N.Vme. (storage and booting)

Litterally the only game company.
Okay that is a lie.. I have had to do this with RimWorld more times then once.

No, it's more "stable" if you have very tight control of your .zipmods and models you are using. It's a common problem with any program that has access to mulitple files.

If you use Process Explorer or Process Hacker.. you can see all the open file handles aka.. it does a refresh WHENEVER.. it might not call the Gargage Colletor? but yeah, it's always fucked.

The moment you "dove-tail" extra assets and resources into any program it adds on anywhere from .01 to .5 more time required.

And it gets worse with people contributing files then deciding they didn't want to contribute and all the missing files and handles are screaming "where is my texture" and all sorts of other bullshit. It's not Unity's fault. it's Illusion's fault for not making modular/extensible games and OUR fault for having too many .zipmods and add-ons.

For HS1? No one is developing or making anything anymore. So that is the plus.. the fact that you won't have to worry about something becoming missing.

But if you use HS2 and attempt to keep uptodate? It will quickly become like a Windows 10 installation with dozens of programs installed and uninstalled.

tl;dr. it's the "Self Management.. and Community management" that is the problem.

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
Thanks for making this! We could probably start things up with the eternal battle of HS1 fans Vs. HS2 fans. Personally, I like HS2, but I didn't find it to be groundbreaking enough to leave behind, now, around 300 gigs of mods for HS1. With IBL and LRE, I'm very happy with the results I get on HS1. Vanilla HS1 is crap, I'll give anyone that, but vanilla HS2 is pretty close to what we can do with IBL/LRE, so, like I said, not enough to justify the jump. I'll wait for HS3 before considering leaving HS1 behind.

Discuss.
Good to hear as i felt a little disappointed that i was halfway thru my demo when hs2 released. Looks like hs1 still packs a punch. :D:D maybe hs3 just in time for my next game.

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
Good to hear as i felt a little disappointed that i was halfway thru my demo when hs2 released. Looks like hs1 still packs a punch. :D:D maybe hs3 just in time for my next game.
Honestly makes me mad curious of what HS3 would be like considering how HS2 looks.

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
What would be you guys' personal Wish List for an eventual Honey Select 3? Mine would be:

- Ability for characters to walk around the maps in Studio NEO (ala Koikatsu, AI Girl);
- Male charas that don't look feminine;
- Better use of RAM/GPU;
- Ability to copy settings from HS1 chara cards (at least facial features) to be able to paste them on HS3 cards.

That's it... I would have put "mod compatibility with HS1", but I know that because of the unity3d structure that would be impossible, but, one can only dream. Pretty sure nothing of my wish list will be realized, but I'd like to read about your own wishes for an upcoming third version of the game.

Ghuman

Sep 2, 2020
What would be you guys' personal Wish List for an eventual Honey Select 3? Mine would be:

- Ability for characters to walk around the maps in Studio NEO (ala Koikatsu, AI Girl);
- Better use of RAM/GPU;
- Ability to copy settings from HS1 chara cards (at least facial features) to be able to paste them on HS3 cards.

That's it... I would have put "mod compatibility with HS1", but I know that because of the unity3d structure that would be impossible, but, one can only dream. Pretty sure nothing of my wish list will be realized, but I'd like to read about your own wishes for an upcoming third version of the game.

The ability to do western characters easily.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016

- Better use of RAM/GPU;

Above anything else, good fucking optimization.
And a weird one: turn studio into a proper content creation software, with a proper GUI and quality of life functionality. I know this will never happen, but I wish it would.

Apr 17, 2020

- Better use of RAM/GPU;

all that and new positions. on the Modder end of things I would like to see more custom male head mods.

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
Above anything else, good fucking optimization.
And a weird one: turn studio into a proper content creation software, with a proper GUI and quality of life functionality. I know this will never happen, but I wish it would.
Agreed. I would love for that to happen, but Illusion only wants you to make your own lewds with NEO for yourself and nothing else, allowing people to be more creative with it would mean that many would want to make commercial use of their creations on NEO, which is a big no-no for Illusion (they have cracked down on people who use NEO before).

all that and new positions. on the Modder end of things I would like to see more custom male head mods.
Yeah, in line with what I said: less feminine male charas. HS1 males are on the very low end of meshes, but at least they still look like men. The male charas of HS2, not so much. It's clear that Illusion just reused their female mesh for the male mesh and only did the basic modifications, or that's what it looks like to me, at least. So yeah, if HS3 can fix that, I might be a convert.

47Haven

Jan 30, 2018

- Better use of RAM/GPU;

More 'dark' content. Like I mentioned previously, the option to toggle gag which also changes the voices to a gagged one would be nice. Other dark content other than just rape would be nice. So far, 'slave' or 'dependent' personality just made the girl into a slut, rather than make them submissive/reluctant like in PlayHome. This probably won't get as much priority though, cause that means doubling the lines for the VA to record, and thus more investment needed, which is probably why the Koikatsu Darkness hasn't gotten any more updates.

Also, full male/female interchangeability, and hopefully with better height support.

Reactions: Fzeren

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
A question for HS2 users: does Studio NEO V2 handle RAM better than HS1?
I'm not sure about HS2, but if you compare it to AIS, HS1 does much better, and the picture is just as good. For comparison, I loaded a map and a character in AIS Studio, it took 4.8 GB of RAM, in HS1 studio I did the same but I loaded 3 characters and it only took 2.8 GB of RAM. All characters were with high quality skin textures + I used a Graphics plugin in AIS and LRE in HS1.

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
I'm not sure about HS2, but if you compare it to AIS, HS1 does much better, and the picture is just as good. For comparison, I loaded a map and a character in AIS Studio, it took 4.8 GB of RAM, in HS1 studio I did the same but I loaded 3 characters and it only took 2.8 GB of RAM. All characters were with high quality skin textures + I used a Graphics plugin in AIS and LRE in HS1.
Yeah, after I posted that message, I realized that it was me who was messing up my computer by being impatient and using NEO as soon as it booted up. I learned since then to let NEO rest for a bit so it finishes reallocating all the RAM it needs.. I haven't had crashes since then.

May 12, 2021
- Character travel maps in Studio NEO & Main game (ala Koikatsu, AI Girl) - Dudes that are dudes, Not femme or uggos. - Better use of System/RAM/GPU - Backward flexibility with previous versions of mods/cards.
Modularity would be key. Having .zipmods and assets getting into fights in our computers. I would feel really uncomfortable with the backward compatablity part. Simply put they would have to put a ton of crazy wrappers and code analysis software (aka see the madness that is currently rimworld 1.3)

Better facial expressions. PlayHome had some racy "sad/broken" expressions.

Most definately good integration between the Studio, Animations and Main game.

We need new blood in Unity coders. but right now everyone has a boner with "what will be Unreal 5"... not to mention ODE

Check this out stuff out as this will effect/affect future development and competency.

"Godot 4 Is Now Vulkan Only -- No OpenGL Support" - aka they just killed cellphones that don't support OpenGl 1.2/etc. and any CPU that had integrated graphics and instruction sets. (Had a nice Laptop with a nVIDIA GeForce GT 525M.. Well even the linux side with Waifu2x-Extension-GUI with Waifu2x, SRMD, RealSR, Anime4K, RIFE, CAIN, DAIN and ACNet. Welp, forget it the CPU didn't have the instruction set)

"Lumberyard Engine Open Sourced!! -- O3DE or "Open 3D Engine" is the new name"
This was the failed in house mmo world building kit from Amazon.

"Adobe Joining Blender Development!"

This is the one that should make people panic. Remember Blender was the healthy alternative to Adobe/Autodesk. If folks aren't careful modules and tools in blender will be targeted for the Adobe version of Blender. And eventually shit will get memory holed and people will be stuck. Just like everything single company that Microsoft/IBM/Apple/Oracle has touched. I kid you not!

Did you know that BellLabs had something called Plan9 (it was better then Unix!) ? Or what about fixing C, C+, C++, C#.. with a Language called D yeah.

Personally the fact that you COULD in theory make HS1 and HS2 run on Android with Unity should be an amazing feat. (granted you'd have to have stuff like outfits, hair and other geometry optimized but it CAN be done.)

I'm suprised no one used dnSpy to release a Android version. sad really.

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
Yeah, I'm sure body meshes would be a TON better on HS3 when compared with HS1, so, I'm fine with creating bodies from scratch in HS3, but faces can be very particular on HS1, and having to transfer all the face dials 1 by 1 to HS3 would be an endless task for those of us who have hundreds of characters. But I can also foresee that even doing this would be troublesome.

For example, we can already copy dials from PlayHome into HS1 using HSresolve, which has brought some very cool looking characters IMO, but, they don't look exactly the same. But, they look similar enough that with some further dialing in HS1, and finding the right textures, can still make characters look similar to how they looked in PlayHome.

Again, probably this won't be possible to do in HS3, so, all I can do is just wish for it and hope for a best scenarion to eventually come through.

naoc

Jun 13, 2019
A Illusion games discussion thread.. OwO
..It seems you mostly talk about the newer games and the possibly upcoming games..
..Well.. general question: What is your favorite illusion game and do you prefer newer games or the older ones? ;D

Zanders

Mar 24, 2020
A Illusion games discussion thread.. OwO
..It seems you mostly talk about the newer games and the possibly upcoming games..
..Well.. general question: What is your favorite illusion game and do you prefer newer games or the older ones? ;D
THat's HS1 for me, for sure. I have played most of the other common Illusion games (PlayHome, etc), but HS1 is still my favorite engine for generating characters, along with NEO to do everything else (i no longer play the game, btw, but it's still my favorite).

naoc

Jun 13, 2019
THat's HS1 for me, for sure. I have played most of the other common Illusion games (PlayHome, etc), but HS1 is still my favorite engine for generating characters, along with NEO to do everything else (i no longer play the game, btw, but it's still my favorite).
Must agree with you, HS1 is one of the best games illusion has ever produced..
..especially for the great char-creator and studio NEO ..which are so highly configurable it's almost overwhelming and I love it! ;D

Yet.. I can't quite love the game itself.. ':l
Like most of the newer games (with maybe the exception of AIKanojo) ..it's pretty much pure fuckery and is lacking in gameplay value..
..and there are by far not enough animations to make up for the lacking gameplay and keep me personally enjoying the game for a longer amount of time! :/
..Well.. and then there also is the more than bad performance optimization since they switched to unity.. :'l

I really hope they will improve on that and make an awesome next HS3!.. :‍D
..and not just make it an slightly more polished re-release of HS2 with just a few new additional animations (..like they did from HS1 to HS2)! ;l

Reactions: Zanders