Illusion games discussion thread.

Ghuman

Sep 2, 2020
A Illusion games discussion thread.. OwO
..It seems you mostly talk about the newer games and the possibly upcoming games..
..Well.. general question: What is your favorite illusion game and do you prefer newer games or the older ones? ;D
Koikatu. I would love to use HS2, but it is so hard to create western characters and I find the asian ones really annoying.

May 31, 2018
A Illusion games discussion thread.. OwO
..It seems you mostly talk about the newer games and the possibly upcoming games..
..Well.. general question: What is your favorite illusion game and do you prefer newer games or the older ones? ;D
I generally prefer the older (pre-HS1) games, with AA2 probably being my favorite, although the modern community around it kind of sucks and I’ve had nothing but issues with the updated versions of AAU.

• Red Heart
Reactions: naoc

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
I generally prefer the older (pre-HS1) games, with AA2 probably being my favorite, although the modern community around it kind of sucks and I’ve had nothing but issues with the updated versions of AAU.
Well that is not Illusions fault, AAU is a conversion done by a third party. I have never had any problems with the original Illusion version.;)

Reactions: naoc

OurManBim

Oct 16, 2022
I just don't get why people even bother playing anything illussion releases these days, their last 2 decent games were AA2 and AG3. Personally I didn't even like AA2 because it felt quite limited, didn't like the character designs as it's super hard to make anime style work in 3D.

Illussion has peaked at AG3 and it's been downhill from there, they had good receipe for game: open world (well not really, but imagine AG4 in Unreal or Unity with small, detailed semi open world), 3rd/1st person, girls with AI doing their own things and actually having some character and needs, initiating sex, falling down, you beign able to start railing them from the behind while they were down (yes it was quite rapey but then they did rapelay, their current work is so vanilla in comparison, so tame) and lots of other things.

Few people already mentioned their appreciation for AG3 and how good of a game it was back in the days.

I honestly believe people should start rating their games 1 star just for the sake of it and stop buying their lazy remakes (they can still pirate if for some reason they enjoy the plotless and pointless banging with clipping dicks and crap animations of HS/HS2) but for the love of god, stop saying their new games are good... they aren't, they are one stop from being asset flips, except they just keep flipping their own assets.

OurManBim

Oct 16, 2022
What would be you guys' personal Wish List for an eventual Honey Select 3? Mine would be:

- Ability for characters to walk around the maps in Studio NEO (ala Koikatsu, AI Girl);
- Male charas that don't look feminine;
- Better use of RAM/GPU;
- Ability to copy settings from HS1 chara cards (at least facial features) to be able to paste them on HS3 cards.

That's it... I would have put "mod compatibility with HS1", but I know that because of the unity3d structure that would be impossible, but, one can only dream. Pretty sure nothing of my wish list will be realized, but I'd like to read about your own wishes for an upcoming third version of the game.
Not be HS3, be AG4... New animations, new character customization system, new AI for personalities, new girl designs, new everythign in general, no recycled content from older games, switch to Unreal, better graphics, more fetishes, bring back questionable content (forced/non-consensual, add proper pregnancy system with condoms, pills). Better cum physics and other fetishes wouldn't hurt, I imagine they could make even cum inflation and x-rays work, they are just too lazy since people keep buying into their promises of making "new games".

miyamu12

Feb 27, 2023
I just don't get why people even bother playing anything illussion releases these days, their last 2 decent games were AA2 and AG3. Personally I didn't even like AA2 because it felt quite limited, didn't like the character designs as it's super hard to make anime style work in 3D.

Illussion has peaked at AG3 and it's been downhill from there, they had good receipe for game: open world (well not really, but imagine AG4 in Unreal or Unity with small, detailed semi open world), 3rd/1st person, girls with AI doing their own things and actually having some character and needs, initiating sex, falling down, you beign able to start railing them from the behind while they were down (yes it was quite rapey but then they did rapelay, their current work is so vanilla in comparison, so tame) and lots of other things.

Few people already mentioned their appreciation for AG3 and how good of a game it was back in the days.

I honestly believe people should start rating their games 1 star just for the sake of it and stop buying their lazy remakes (they can still pirate if for some reason they enjoy the plotless and pointless banging with clipping dicks and crap animations of HS/HS2) but for the love of god, stop saying their new games are good... they aren't, they are one stop from being asset flips, except they just keep flipping their own assets.
Do you guys recommend I try AG3 now, did it aged well? I've only played HS 1 and 2...

ZoidsEnjoyer

Mar 4, 2023
Koikatu. I would love to use HS2, but it is so hard to create western characters and I find the asian ones really annoying.
Is koikatsu good for modding? I started with HS1 some years ago, have been wondering if the graphical fidelity or reliability of newer entries is worth switching over to. It seems most of the community is still using HS1 and I'm not sure why

ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
Is koikatsu good for modding? I started with HS1 some years ago, have been wondering if the graphical fidelity or reliability of newer entries is worth switching over to. It seems most of the community is still using HS1 and I'm not sure why
Kinda, There aren't many mods available for the game. Just grab the Better Repack version.
about the HS, HS1 & HS2 both games are unique in their own way. you gotta play both to understand that.

Last edited:

OurManBim

Oct 16, 2022
Do you guys recommend I try AG3 now, did it aged well? I've only played HS 1 and 2...
Of course, but it's a bitch to get it to run, don't expect good graphics, good framerate... and in all honesty how shit HS animations are (they just feel generic, probably because we've seen them so many times by now) they are still more fluid than AG3, there is no boob physics (it's kinda baked into animation if anything, not dynamic based on actual movement and parameters of boobs like weight, stiffness, gravity like in HS), graphics are frankly ugly, it's an old game (better than AG2, now that's a dinosaur) so obviously by current standards it's not good but you can play it and then imagine what it would look like it they did proper AG4.

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
I generally only use Illusion games for the character creators and Studio.

I did try actually playing them (KK, HS1/2) when I first started to develop my game, but I never really got into that side of them.

Reactions: AdventAnyx

GrandYonic

Oct 20, 2019
OUCH well, they will return in some form or some new blood take the mantle

Last edited: