Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

pdout

Jan 13, 2019
axis settings, and if you'd like select "selected" in display type so there are less circle
View attachment 1447461
i think the problem is with hooh S-Dick Type A , i am using it have very big circle (for axis). When i decrease size from axis setting axis size for all things decrease along with dick axis, only think i can do is select character Ik setting and increase its size. thanks for the help. at least it is workable now.
Screenshot 2021-10-11 231716.png

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Ah you mean that. Thats how hooh's dick and some items that have alot of IK nodes works. Some items do have their IK nodes placed near the main axis, so its kinda annoying to work with, but as can see decreasing the axis size makes it at least workable

pdout

Jan 13, 2019
how much ram does Honey select2 uses, when i use studio it it takes more than 10GB of ram. is their a way to reduce ram usage or do i have to increase ram.(currently i have 16gb)
View attachment 1450618
i am using " [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R5 "

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
how much ram does Honey select2 uses, when i use studio it it takes more than 10GB of ram. is their a way to reduce ram usage or do i have to increase ram.(currently i have 16gb)
View attachment 1450618
i am using " [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R5 "
pretty sure there is something wrong with your system. even mine looks like this with a scene that uses fluid mod alot. im running 16GB 4000mhz atm. my fps in that scene is around 30 (obviously bcs of my gpu).
1634129665142.png

jagmo

Mar 30, 2020
Hello, So I have searched a bit and cant really find an answer to this weird and inconsistent thing where some models in StudioNeoV2 having deformed limbs when you edit rotation. Hopefully someone has encountered this and knows whats up cause it's really starting to tee me me off.

When editing a pose from the standard "T Pose" I get limb deformation like in these pics. Ticking and un-ticking "Joint Adjustment" changes it but not in a good way, so the problem is still there. I have tried like all different kinds of "uncensor" bodies and no difference. Different outfits, same thing. Move with FK or IK, tick/un-tick refer to animation, etc. etc. I could go on and on with things I've tried but I'm still missing something, cause its still there..... I just cant sort it out so far on my own.

This is happening......sometimes. And that's the weirdo part. Some models I load in it doesn't do it and the limbs shape normally when rotated. Some are "copies" of the same model with only things like hair type or something changed plus the name. And they work normally?!? But the "copy" deforms? I just cant find any correlation yet for what could be causing this?

My game is just the regular old "Better Repack R5" plus "Sideloader Modpack" deal added, I have no other mods added. Any suggestions would be fantastic before I loose my mind with this issue.

Thanks (I hope)

*** UPDATE*** FOR THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM LOOK OVER THE NEXT 8ish POSTS
HS2_2021-10-13-20-17-02-935.png HS2_2021-10-13-20-17-11-602.png

Last edited:

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Hello, So I have searched a bit and cant really find an answer to this weird and inconsistent thing where some models in StudioNeoV2 having deformed limbs when you edit rotation. Hopefully someone has encountered this and knows whats up cause it's really starting to tee me me off.

When editing a pose from the standard "T Pose" I get limb deformation like in these pics. Ticking and un-ticking "Joint Adjustment" changes it but not in a good way, so the problem is still there. I have tried like all different kinds of "uncensor" bodies and no difference. Different outfits, same thing. Move with FK or IK, tick/un-tick refer to animation, etc. etc. I could go on and on with things I've tried but I'm still missing something, cause its still there..... I just cant sort it out so far on my own.

This is happening......sometimes. And that's the weirdo part. Some models I load in it doesn't do it and the limbs shape normally when rotated. Some are "copies" of the same model with only things like hair type or something changed plus the name. And they work normally?!? But the "copy" deforms? I just cant find any correlation yet for what could be causing this?

My game is just the regular old "Better Repack R5" plus "Sideloader Modpack" deal added, I have no other mods added. Any suggestions would be fantastic before I loose my mind with this issue.

Thanks (I hope)
Hmmm... Quite strange indeed. At first it looks like something that Joint correction must fix but... Could you post here a card of one of your problematics characters for we to test it?

Reactions: jagmo and Sepheyer

jagmo

Mar 30, 2020
Sure thing, thanks for taking interest to check this out also (y). A bit more background here too in case it helps.

So when I first noticed this issue was like a month ago, at which time I had "Better Repack R3" plus "Sideloader Modpack" and for the first time started messing with Studio then. But with that version of the game I had installed who knows what mods, I was going berzerk installing mods and getting used to the main game portion. I thought to myself "Self, maybe one of the mods I installed borked this deal up".

So I saved my "User Data" folder and deleted the whole mess from my hard drive. I made a completely new folder, downloaded BR5+Sideloader and did a fresh and new install. After that all I did was copy my cards into the appropriate folder in the new game install. Still there, so ya, I'm pretty much at a loss.

Anyway, here is one of the cards that gives me the problem. HS2ChaF_20210622224933445.png

Oh, one more thing that may have something to do with this thing perhaps? After doing a clean new install of BR5+Sideloader I did use the KK Manager utility dealio and updated with whatever it offered. I assume that is pretty standard for folks but maybe not? I'd do another reinstall and not update to see if ti changes If i HAVE to but gosh, that takes like forevor to download and stuff so Id prefer not to for now maybe.

Last edited:

jagmo

Mar 30, 2020
So check this out... I have been trying things in Studio tonight and this happens....

1: Loaded a card----> bend limbs ----> deformed

2: Load a different card----> bend limbs---> no deform
2a: Replace that card model with a different one using the replacer thingy---->bend limbs more---->still no deform
2b: reset pose----> bend limbs even more-----> still no deform

3: load a map whilst that card is still loaded and spend like 1/2 hour making a pose (including resetting to default position couple times with various limbs when I messed it up)
3a: pose is looking pretty slick. I'm digging it, so I save the scene just in case. All joints are perfect looking still.
3b: continue messing with pose, all looks good but It was better before so I reload the saved scene..... AND....
3c: new scene loads and knees and elbows are deformed similar to my screen shots from a few posts ago....

The "4:" part (If I wanted to go into details) would describe some smashing of random things in my house, drinking some booze, and screaming loudly till my neighbors call the cops on me, but I digress....

Just figure the more detail I can share the better chance of someone recognizing the problem maybe. Ill keep It more simple for further posts as not to clutter the forum.

Thanks all for any help

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Not in my system... I've got the same deformations jagmo mentions and also can't get rid of them, at least directly.
I try changing skin and body structure but also it doesn't help.

But I have observed that some of the default animations (or poses) induces that deformations, while others not. And also that (and maybe this could be used as a workaround) if you uses IK/FK after some poses you can manipulate the character without being deformed. I include an image using the pose "Raging eagle" (at Animations -> Studio -> Action) versus standard T-pose as starting point to illustrate.

Anyway, this maybe a practical solution but, in no way solves neither explain the problem...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: jagmo and Sepheyer

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
osnoflax yes, that's gotta be a plugin that's causing it. My Release5 is super clean with only a few optional mods installed after I learned my lesson.

jagmo - you can test if there is a plugin that screws things up for you. Go into KK Manager and under Plugins tab disable all plugins. If the deformation is cured, then enable half of the plugins back and check again. Keep re-enabling half of plugins after each check until you find the offender.

PS Just recently I realized that "initial camera" entity was being auto-added by a plugin called "InitialCamera.dll" - came as part of KK Manager update, and had to be disabled. Drove me quite crazy before I cured it.

Reactions: jagmo and osnoflax

jagmo

Mar 30, 2020
osnoflax and Sepheyer , thank you so much for taking the time and effort to test things and help. You two rock! :D

Sepheyer, I got so mad yesterday that I deleted the test scene after it borked haha. But I'll make another one to post up for testing. But, before you waste your time with that I'll take the advice and test plugins first. I didn't know that was a thing with the KK Manager that could be done but I found how to do it now after you mentioned it.

Also, that "initial camera" thing was bugging the hell outta me as well, so Im gonna disable that too while testing other things, thanks for the heads up on that one! I friggen hate that thing! hahaha

osnoflax, I too discovered that if I use certain other poses instead of the "T-Pose" for a base that I could workaround the deform somewhat, but even that was causing some other small deforms depending on what I adjusted the pose into. I forgot to mention that in my other posts but I was getting pretty confused and overlooked it.

Also, I found that I could manipulate the deforms of say, the left knee for example, by using HS PE -> Adv.Mode -> Bones -> then I found the "cf_J-LegKnee_backR" and adjusted the Y & X axis to correct things. But thats pretty clunky to do every time and I figured theres no way thats what people are having to do for all the poses that get created.

Anyways, I'm going to do some testing with plugins and stuff for a while and Ill report back as soon as I see something change.

Thanks again for the guidance, I really appreciate it! Hopefully once we figure this out it will assist others too, cause I cant be the only person who runs into this. Or I'm like, really unlucky and Its just me after all. In which case I'll stick to what I know best... drinking booze and stealing other peoples work instead of making my own. LOLOL

Quick update, after the 1st go-around of disabling plugins apparently one of them plugins was "translate the menus to english" or something to that effect. So when I loaded up Studio the menus were in Japanese text, which I cannot read.... hahah So it took me like, several guesses to load a pose and stuff. That actually made me LOL for real . Just thought that was a humorous side effect that Id share. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sepheyer

jagmo

Mar 30, 2020
WE MANAGED TO FIGURE IT OUT!!
Big thanks to Sepheyer and osnoflax for giving me the direction(y)

The plugin that was causing it was "sideloader" so I had to disable all 3310 sideloader mods in that tab.

Then when I went into Studo and loaded a scene with the deforming and those mods turned off, it listed like 14 "missing mod detected" but the deforming was gone.

So I toggled those particular ones on and off till I found the prick that has been giving me grief, here it is in all its dastardly glory!

the bastard.png

With this mod disabled all is good!

THANK YOU!

pdout

Jan 13, 2019
i used video export to export video as mp4, but it looks weird. I don't not what caused it.please tell me if anyone has solution.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
i used video export to export video as mp4, but it looks weird.
Indeed, this behavior can be turned off either by i) disabling alpha in screenshots or ii) enabling fog. Fog is straightforward: System -> Screen Effect -> Fog : On.

The other option is via amending plugin setup: press F1, and search for "screenshot". Then disable alpha, like this:

The alpha option is there for extracting characters and inserting them into games. Like this:

Aug 11, 2020
i used video export to export video as mp4, but it looks weird. I don't not what caused it.please tell me if anyone has solution.

It's a bug in the video exporter script. There's two screenshot options in the video plugin: the built-in one can't handle alpha channels and replaces it with a black background. And then there's the screenshot plugin (the one Sep explained), which can handle alpha channels but is poorly configured so you get ghosting like in your movie.

pdout

Jan 13, 2019
Indeed, this behavior can be turned off either by i) disabling alpha in screenshots or ii) enabling fog. Fog is straightforward: System -> Screen Effect -> Fog : On.

The other option is via amending plugin setup: press F1, and search for "screenshot". Then disable alpha, like this:

The alpha option is there for extracting characters and inserting them into games. Like this:

Thanks enabling fog helped.
It's a bug in the video exporter script. There's two screenshot options in the video plugin: the built-in one can't handle alpha channels and replaces it with a black background. And then there's the screenshot plugin (the one Sep explained), which can handle alpha channels but is poorly configured so you get ghosting like in your movie.
Yes, i think their is problem with video export when capturing character without background.With background it works fine.

Reactions: DingoDonger
Aug 11, 2020
is there any other way to open some clothes besides using double invisible body obj ? View attachment 1483576
Nope, no real way that I know of. There are some limited options. The first is the clothing overlay. Make the part you want to remove transparent in photoshop/paint.net/gimp/whatever. However, this will usually look bad or will give you glitches like invisible bodyparts (these bodyparts were made invisible on purpose because they weren't visible before your edit, so it's more efficient to not render them). I have used this to make the bellybutton visible on certain shirts, for example.

You could also edit the clothing piece in Blender and import them as a separate item, but that is extremely convoluted.

Juune

Jan 23, 2018
I'm having a problem watching the basics and overview video as I think it was made private. Does anyone have a backup?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote