Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Albertant

Nov 18, 2018
hello i need help with something dudes!! i'm trying to do this GDC_Slightbra.png but the problem is... i don't have this GDC inner top bra, how can i get it??? its a dll or something?

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
hello i need help with something dudes!! i'm trying to do this View attachment 2207881 but the problem is... i don't have this GDC inner top bra, how can i get it??? its a dll or something?
You must have an old repack. Just update to at least R9 and it's included. You are of course not updating only to get this bra but also any card you download are much more likely to work correctly and no mods missing etc.

Reactions: Albertant

ethanoll123

Feb 3, 2018
hello, I have a question. After I updated into new betterrepack, my studio lags when on screen are more than 2 characters. Does anyone has same problem? I need some tips on how to optimize it.
I would be very grateful for an answer, I wrote on discord but I did not receive help.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
hello, I have a question. After I updated into new betterrepack, my studio lags when on screen are more than 2 characters. Does anyone has same problem? I need some tips on how to optimize it.
I would be very grateful for an answer, I wrote on discord but I did not receive help.
Hi, welcome back.
How is the scene composition?
Is it just, say 3 charas and no other items or map present?

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Hi

Sometimes I undergo the same issue, I use to make scenes, VNGE and so, I can tell, Graphic Mode is a RAM GPU eater. Sometimes I use to Disable the main light of the map, as I show in this picture, it helps a lot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Have in mind that some plugins can affect the performance of the game, when I upgrade from fresh, zero, the game runs smooth, but when I add some plugins and mods, it seems to be slow at some points.
I got a Potato PC and a 4G Graphic card and works fine to me but yes, I remember when I ran Studio in BR8 it used to be more fluid

ethanoll123

Feb 3, 2018
Hi

Sometimes I undergo the same issue, I use to make scenes, VNGE and so, I can tell, Graphic Mode is a RAM GPU eater. Sometimes I use to Disable the main light of the map, as I show in this picture, it helps a lot.

Have in mind that some plugins can affect the performance of the game, when I upgrade from fresh, zero, the game runs smooth, but when I add some plugins and mods, it seems to be slow at some points.
I got a Potato PC and a 4G Graphic card and works fine to me but yes, I remember when I ran Studio in BR8 it used to be more fluid

Are you running GraphicMod?
What is your PC spec?
I'm using DHH mostly.
I have also 4Gb graphic card but It worked better in previous BR.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I'm using DHH mostly.
I have also 4Gb graphic card but It worked better in previous BR.
Have you tried turning on the FPS counter?
There is an option to show what plugin that currently slowing you down and others stuff for monitoring purpose.

Also do you using a preset for DHH?

Reactions: Mr-Fox

ethanoll123

Feb 3, 2018
Have you tried turning on the FPS counter?
There is an option to show what plugin that currently slowing you down and others stuff for monitoring purpose.

Also do you using a preset for DHH?
No, I don't even know how to turn it on. I need download something?

No, settings are default

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Is this thread the place to discuss tricks for making HS2 look good (in studio particularly)? I have some things I've found work well when it comes to shaders/material editor, for example, and would love to see tips by other people for what they have found to work well.

For example Hanmen's Bluenoise Hair can look really well (photorealistic) when tuned right, but I rarely see people use it, probably because the default settings don't look good on most hair types.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Is this thread the place to discuss tricks for making HS2 look good (in studio particularly)?
I'd say yes and this thread is Studio focused.

I rarely see people use it, probably because the default settings don't look good on most hair types.
Guess what?
The chara Im using as my display picture is using that shader. :LOL:
That shader is nice, but not all hairstyle can looks good with the color shader projects.

Reactions: Mr-Fox and drowsy

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi

pretty sure you can also turn off shadows as well for the same effect, since I think those are the things that actually cause lag not the light itself ethanoll123
or you could lower the shadow draw distance too, with a more gradual effect, though it may look like shite

Reactions: Kaseijin

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Guess what?
The chara Im using as my display picture is using that shader. :LOL:
That shader is nice, but not all hairstyle can looks good with the color shader projects.
Nice. Yeah, I've personally gotten best results for Bluenoise Hair using jppl's (sp?) hairs. I set Anisotropy to 1, AnisotropyContrast to around 0.9. And I set the EccentricMean to -3 or something weird like that, while tuning the shininess with Smoothness. The result, for many jppl hairstyles, is very realistic.

Since I often make animations, it's also important that the hair has good bones that can move and bounce naturally.

Reactions: Mr-Fox

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Anisotropy to 1, AnisotropyContrast to around 0.9. And I set the EccentricMean to -3 or something weird like that, while tuning the shininess with Smoothness.
I never changed those parameter in the Material Editor except the smoothness and metallic, but I will try it.

it's also important that the hair has good bones that can move and bounce naturally.
Agreed. I will take my time to make sure the dynamic bone in the hair and others move as natural as possible.
That forced me to never make long haired chara though.
Animating a chara with very long hair is pain in the butt since they dont really have bones.

Reactions: Mr-Fox and drowsy

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Is this thread the place to discuss tricks for making HS2 look good (in studio particularly)? I have some things I've found work well when it comes to shaders/material editor, for example, and would love to see tips by other people for what they have found to work well.

For example Hanmen's Bluenoise Hair can look really well (photorealistic) when tuned right, but I rarely see people use it, probably because the default settings don't look good on most hair types.
Yes, this thread is heavily for tips and tricks of using the Studio. I don't know how far back you read the posts, but a lot of early ones are gems. As well as a lot of the later ones and everything in between.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote