Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Horny

Apr 26, 2017
You could use the export plugin included in the Repack Game. You just press ctrl (left)+E while on Studio and all the characters present will be exported to a folder named "export" inside your "chara" folder at "UserData" in form of new cards. You can later open these cards in the Chara Maker and edit them at your will. Many times, cards remain unidentified, so you don´t know which is which until you open them. Also, the export process could fail with some characters or even all of them, it's not perfect.
Thanks!

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
I accidentally delete it lol, can someone reupload it
Unfortunately, I don't have it separately, I think once installed it is spread along some different folders (just what I think, I could be wrong). My advice is that you post your ask in another forum like
Honey Select 2: Libido [DX R2] [Illusion]
since there many people could help you faithfully.

Jan 2, 2018
Thanks for the tutorials, they are very helpful.

Do you know if there are any mods for capturing video/animations in HS2 or StudioNeoV2? It seems like there was something like that for V1, but I haven't been able to find anything for V2.

Aug 11, 2020
Thanks for the tutorials, they are very helpful.

Do you know if there are any mods for capturing video/animations in HS2 or StudioNeoV2? It seems like there was something like that for V1, but I haven't been able to find anything for V2.
Go to the /[OPTIONAL] Mods/ folder and copy videoexport. Then in the editor press Ctrl+ E to open the recording window. The settings are pretty straightforward.

nes0

Lazy mind controller
Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
It is possible to change the shortcuts that open plugins in StudioNeo2? i.e. CTRL+E open both video editor panel and character exporter... the same for "P" that open DDH panel and also change the POV...

roadoudou

Dec 29, 2020
Here's a website with various aspect of photography (Lightning, Composition, Image Quality etc...) mainly for StudioNeo but that apply for real photography or game screenshot capturing, really helpful imo.

Reactions: HiroNakamura

nes0

Lazy mind controller
Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
There's a way to know how long is an animation loop? I mean, most of the sex animations are endless loop, but if I want to video-capture them I need to get just the first loop else it will show some "reset" frames skip when I use the loop elsewhere. i.e.: the Studio loop is 1.5 second long but I capture 2 secs -> my loop will reset halfway with a really ugly result...

Aug 11, 2020
There's a way to know how long is an animation loop? I mean, most of the sex animations are endless loop, but if I want to video-capture them I need to get just the first loop else it will show some "reset" frames skip when I use the loop elsewhere. i.e.: the Studio loop is 1.5 second long but I capture 2 secs -> my loop will reset halfway with a really ugly result...
videoexport looping.png

That animation button is very handy to loop several animations at once too, since the regular poses either breathe way too rapidly or last 200+ frames. A standard sex animation is 40 frames at 30 framer/second. Prewarm loop count is the amount of animation loops that are quickly played to avoid physics glitches. I usually leave it at 3, but it can be 1 as well, if your loop is long.

Reactions: nes0

Gryphos2018

Jun 15, 2018
Well I hope someone can help me ... maybe the solution is very simple and I just can't find it. I need the simple "walk animations" that can also be found in the main game when creating characters in Studio Neo 2. Can I copy these animations somewhere so that they are also available in Studio Neo 2? HS2_2021-03-20-10-36-34-899.png

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Well I hope someone can help me ... maybe the solution is very simple and I just can't find it. I need the simple "walk animations" that can also be found in the main game when creating characters in Studio Neo 2. Can I copy these animations somewhere so that they are also available in Studio Neo 2?
They are already there; for I know, the thing is reversed: they are originally from Studio and were copied to Chara maker from there. In Studio, you must go to Animations -> Character 2 -> Action and there, in the bottom, you will find some labeled "walk retargeted x", I think they are. Also the ones labeled "Appeareance x" could be of help, I think. Even more, if you search in the hooh folder (the last one into Animations) you could find some more adapted from HS1. (This folder is a real treasure, it worths to be carefully examinated).

Gryphos2018

Jun 15, 2018
They are already there; for I know, the thing is reversed: they are originally from Studio and were copied to Chara maker from there. In Studio, you must go to Animations -> Character 2 -> Action and there, in the bottom, you will find some labeled "walk retargeted x", I think they are. Also the ones labeled "Appeareance x" could be of help, I think. Even more, if you search in the hooh folder (the last one into Animations) you could find some more adapted from HS1. (This folder is a real treasure, it worths to be carefully examinated).

Great, thanks for the answer. I went through all the animations in Studio Neo and just couldn't find them ... Will try your tip. Thanks again for the help (y)

synergyxxx69

Nov 18, 2020
Is it possible to export a character from StudioNeo scene to a character card? I think one of my cards got corrupted because it loads a look entirely different to what I had tweaked before, but I added that character to a studio scene while it had the tweaks, was wondering if I could get the character back somehow.

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Is it possible to export a character from StudioNeo scene to a character card? I think one of my cards got corrupted because it loads a look entirely different to what I had tweaked before, but I added that character to a studio scene while it had the tweaks, was wondering if I could get the character back somehow.
Please read answer #119 if you didn't do it yet

halthalt

Jun 30, 2020
Hi everybody,
Thanks a lot for all the work you did for the tutorial, the mods, etc.
I have a (apparently) simple question, and sorry if the answer is somewhere, i didn'f find it : how could we make an object vibrate or shaking or move (as an animation I mean) ? When i add an item, such an egg, i can just adjust color or texture, etc.

Another question, is there a simple method to mix animation ? If a choose a model position or h-action, could i animate a part of the body with another animation (such a hand move) ? Maybe the trick is to put a second model, hide the body parts I dont need, and keep what I need, but it seems quite messy.

Thanks in advance !

Reactions: Sepheyer

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Update: use VNGE for all things moving.

how could we make an object vibrate or shaking or move (as an animation I mean) ?
To move non-character things you use gimmicks. I attached a screenshot showing the path to get a gimmick added to your scene. Once you have a gimmick you parent the object you want animated:
- choose first the gimmick
- hold Ctrl and chose the object you want to animate
- press the parent button

I also attached a scene (second file that you can load up in the studio) that illustrates a vibrator, a pumper, and a vibrator-pumper -- load it up and see its internal structure.

Your second question is more complicated and will require you learning and practicing the FK and IK aspects of the studio

HS2_2021-04-04-21-52-35-497.png 2021_0404_2150_37_024.png .

Last edited:
Reactions: halthalt and nes0
Aug 11, 2020
For people who use custom maps:

This lets you disable certain parts of the map (lights, objects you don't want, walls, etc.). It doesn't work on all maps, but certainly a great tool.

Edit: it doesn't save your alterations when you save your scene, so make sure you document your changes with F9 screenshots if you want to revisit that scene!

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020
Another question, is there a simple method to mix animation ? If a choose a model position or h-action, could i animate a part of the body with another animation (such a hand move) ? Maybe the trick is to put a second model, hide the body parts I dont need, and keep what I need, but it seems quite messy.

Thanks in advance !
Simple? No. But you can do it by using VNGE. You can find it in the \[OPTIONAL] Mods\ folder. Install it and then press the button in the toolbar on the left. A window pops up at the bottom in which you can create a new animation. This works with keyframes. I don't think there is a proper tutorial for this tool, but with some searching you can probably figure it out. Be careful what you press though, because it has some bugs where you can't exit the interface.

Another method may be using the CTRL+N node constraints. Parent a body part to a piston gimmick for example. However, this will likely just deform the body. Hun Hunter wrote a couple of tutorials for this, but those only cover the basics.

Edit: I could write a pdf tutorial for VNGE. I'd rather do it on a dedicated wiki, but I doubt we'll ever have one of those.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote