3D-HoneySelect [ILLUSION Studio Art] - Show Us Your Skill

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
I just love that unrealistic body proportions...
I'll take unrealistic any day 0_0b they sure beats "modern character design" in "modern games" for "modern audience" with "modern sensibilities" :p

HS2_2024-08-13-13-46-55-832.png

An Unrealistic idealized proportion :p

Jan 10, 2020
My PC will set itself ablaze if I try to render so many girls.
I have a 3080 and 5800x3d rig, however I'm looking to upgrade to a 5070 or 5070 ti, whenever the 5000s come out. Trust me, setting all those girls there, having to add lighting (which really kills the fps on top of it) just makes it annoying at times to run. I will say that if I run it on 1440p it's much better, however I usually try to take pictures at 2160p, which is why it eats my rig.

HS1's optimization is just hot garbage, especially when I've tested and ran HS2 which is night in day for my pc in terms of optimization and fps differential. Oneday I'll switch over to HS2, however I just don't want to start over again, and having to recreate all of my characters.

Hopefully, the 5000 gpus, along with a possible cpu upgrade for me in the near future will just power through HS1 to give it the higher fps that I want to have.

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
I have a 3080 and 5800x3d rig, however I'm looking to upgrade to a 5070 or 5070 ti, whenever the 5000s come out. Trust me, setting all those girls there, having to add lighting (which really kills the fps on top of it) just makes it annoying at times to run. I will say that if I run it on 1440p it's much better, however I usually try to take pictures at 2160p, which is why it eats my rig.

HS1's optimization is just hot garbage, especially when I've tested and ran HS2 which is night in day for my pc in terms of optimization and fps differential. Oneday I'll switch over to HS2, however I just don't want to start over again, and having to recreate all of my characters.

Hopefully, the 5000 gpus, along with a possible cpu upgrade for me in the near future will just power through HS1 to give it the higher fps that I want to have.
Maybe you should try blender with such powerful GPU. Men, what people can do in it, that elastic body physics...

Jan 10, 2020
Maybe you should try blender with such powerful GPU. Men, what people can do in it, that elastic body physics...
I should try Blender again, since I haven't ran it when I got my 3080 and 5800x3d, it will definitely be better than what I had previous when I had Blender up (I believe I had a 1060 gpu or something before I got my 3080, when I was running Blender lolz).

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018

HS2's bottleneck might be RAM though. I could get...10-15 FPS on my larger scenes(yeah..imagine the horror of trying to pose tentacles that have a lot of FK nodes hahah), but the most annoying thing would be that my HS2 would freeze every few minutes for up to 30 sec. my best guess is its garbage collection needs to run periodically and caused the entire HS2 to freeze.

Then again, my computer is far from the best hahaha:D

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
HS2's bottleneck might be RAM though. I could get...10-15 FPS on my larger scenes(yeah..imagine the horror of trying to pose tentacles that have a lot of FK nodes hahah), but the most annoying thing would be that my HS2 would freeze every few minutes for up to 30 sec. my best guess is its garbage collection needs to run periodically and caused the entire HS2 to freeze.

Then again, my computer is far from the best hahaha:D
Simple, make girls invisible, or monohrome.
And it freeze due to autosave maybe?

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Simple, make girls invisible, or monohrome.
And it freeze due to autosave maybe?
Yeah, that's what I do when i'm posing individual characters, and it does help with posing the tentacles hahaha. But the final lighting setup, omg..thats a nightmare hahahahah because i need all of them visible:D

I had one scene where I need a lot of npcs in the background. I had to restart my computer everytime I need to open it, because otherwise it would just crash hahaha:D

Unfortunately, no, its not the autosave, because there's a small text that says "saving" when autosave is triggered, right? and the freezes occur even without that text showing :p plus, it still happens even if i disabled autosave :(

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
Yeah, that's what I do when i'm posing individual characters, and it does help with posing the tentacles hahaha. But the final lighting setup, omg..thats a nightmare hahahahah because i need all of them visible:D

I had one scene where I need a lot of npcs in the background. I had to restart my computer everytime I need to open it, because otherwise it would just crash hahaha:D

Unfortunately, no, its not the autosave, because there's a small text that says "saving" when autosave is triggered, right? and the freezes occur even without that text showing :p plus, it still happens even if i disabled autosave :(
than yeah, its re-downloading recourses. there are instruments in the file manager that suppose to organize them in better fasion, if you haven't use it, you probably should.

Reactions: garbage.kun

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
than yeah, its re-downloading recourses. there are instruments in the file manager that suppose to organize them in better fasion, if you haven't use it, you probably should.
Finally found out what the problem was :p

Symptoms

HS2 periodic freezes that are unrelated to autosave

Cause

Too many objects. Inactive HS2 Lights are not lightweight objects -_-

Based on my current testing, although turning unused lights off helps with the FPS, they still seem to use non trivial amount of memory.

My scene files contain about 50 VNGE scene states, where almost every scene states have their own 5-7 spot lights (i use chain lighting to disable the lights for inactive states). This scene also has plenty of objects for the background.

Removing all the lights except for about 7 of them removes the freezes completely and reduces the scene PNG from 50 MB to 2 MB :ROFLMAO:

Solution

I separate the scenes into about 10-20 scene states each. a bit annoying when you realized there's a continuity error in scene states that are on another file, but its much less annoying than dealing with the freezes:p

I would not recommend to anyone from the future that got the same problem with reusing the same light for multiple states because VNGE has a weird habit of not saving certain objects activation states, especially if we add new object to existing states. An incorrectly enabled/disabled object is relatively easy to spot and correct, but an incorrect spot light is very hard to find:D