Mod Wolf RPG Imouto Seikatsu ~Fantasy~ Translation Revision/Mod [DLCv1.0.1] [Imouto_prpr]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Just for reference, my save converter just changes the title of the game in the save file, which is the primary incompatibility between the Kagura/JP versions and not at all exclusive to this mod. You could absolutely convert a Steam save and toss it into FFFox Mod, there shouldn't be any difference in compatibility.
Oh you got an actual file editor working? Last I heard it was replacing the definition in the game.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Oh you got an actual file editor working? Last I heard it was replacing the definition in the game.
Yeah, at least for this game, is able to decrypt the save files, and the only thing that's making the Steam version incompatible is that they changed the name of the game. So, I made a simple utility that converts back and forth between the two names. You can also do it manually by exporting a save with WolfSave, changing the title, and using WolfSave to encrypt it again.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: F90F91

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Uh, sis... your eyes...
seemed to be an event trying to reach something? ended with "we're really getting along tonight" or something
Whoa, can't say I've seen the game do that before, even having hit this event. I'll try forcing the event call or something to test but no idea if I'll be able to reproduce that.

EDIT: Okay, that test was actually quite easy to add to my debug script. I don't think there's anything wrong with the code, probably just WolfRPG being kind of shitty. When she shifts positions it's supposed to also change her eyes (>_<) but for some reason it looks like it didn't complete that function properly. So her body got updated, but not her eyes, leaving them sort of stranded. Forcibly calling the event, I am unable to reproduce the issue, so I'm just gonna say you got lucky(?) and hit some freak engine issue on this one.

...Though with how easy that was to test, I should probably play with the Doctor X random event as well to see if I can fix the bug I encountered there.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018
Whoa, can't say I've seen the game do that before, even having hit this event. I'll try forcing the event call or something to test but no idea if I'll be able to reproduce that.

EDIT: Okay, that test was actually quite easy to add to my debug script. I don't think there's anything wrong with the code, probably just WolfRPG being kind of shitty. When she shifts positions it's supposed to also change her eyes (>_<) but for some reason it looks like it didn't complete that function properly. So her body got updated, but not her eyes, leaving them sort of stranded. Forcibly calling the event, I am unable to reproduce the issue, so I'm just gonna say you got lucky(?) and hit some freak engine issue on this one.

...Though with how easy that was to test, I should probably play with the Doctor X random event as well to see if I can fix the bug I encountered there.
Yeah, I was holding down the left click to speed it up, so maybe that messed it up?

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Yeah, I was holding down the left click to speed it up, so maybe that messed it up?
Possible, I tried that as well but couldn't get it to break. Maybe you managed to let go right as it finished loading her body, but before it finished loading her eyes, so it bugged out and ended up skipping the rest of the script or something. In any case, it's just using the same generic function to call character sprites as always, so nothing should be any more broken about that event than any other scene.

• Haha
Reactions: Pervyfox

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018
her desire stat must be so high, i've reset so many times to get her to not jump me at night but she keeps doing it lmao. i don't think i've seen her do it with less than 60 lust before now

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
her desire stat must be so high, i've reset so many times to get her to not jump me at night but she keeps doing it lmao. i don't think i've seen her do it with less than 60 lust before now
Taking a look, it seems that Lust doesn't even factor into her chance to have her way with you; it's all about that Desire. If I'm reading the code right, at 180+ Interest, if she has 80+ Desire there's a 2/3 chance she'll go ahead and do what she wants.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Uh, sis... your eyes...
seemed to be an event trying to reach something? ended with "we're really getting along tonight" or something
Did you add any extra mods on top of what was from the OP? or did you perform a manual update from the base game instead of fully downloading it from this OP? There was a similar issue with the guildmate portraits when the dlc tried to use art files from the base game or vice versa

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Did you add any extra mods on top of what was from the OP? or did you perform a manual update from the base game instead of fully downloading it from this OP? There was a similar issue with the guildmate portraits when the dlc tried to use art files from the base game or vice versa
I think his game is otherwise working properly so it shouldn't be that. If there was an issue with the image files, every time the sprite appears it would look broken, not just that one random time. Probably just a rare bug here.

Nape3

Aug 20, 2024
Love the TL, arguably much better than others (no offense to them) but one thing I do find odd with this one is that the "sound effects" during the parts where there are effects, are untranslated. The others (and I even think the official TL) have it translated, is there a way to turn them back on?

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018
nope, just the full game folder

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Love the TL, arguably much better than others (no offense to them) but one thing I do find odd with this one is that the "sound effects" during the parts where there are effects, are untranslated. The others (and I even think the official TL) have it translated, is there a way to turn them back on?
Yes, this is a matter of preference (which you are free to not share). I figured this would be a reasonable point of disagreement, so the English words are included in Data\hwordeng\ so you can go ahead and swap the files if you'd prefer (just change the folder names or overwrite the files in Data\hword\).

Reactions: LucLore and F90F91

Nape3

Aug 20, 2024
Yes, this is a matter of preference (which you are free to not share). I figured this would be a reasonable point of disagreement, so the English words are included in Data\hwordeng\ so you can go ahead and swap the files if you'd prefer (just change the folder names or overwrite the files in Data\hword\).
Oh nice! I'm glad you have that option here. I just uh... don't speak japanese, so the japanese words coming out don't mean much to me lol, thanks again!

• Haha
Reactions: Imouto_prpr

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Oh nice! I'm glad you have that option here. I just uh... don't speak japanese, so the japanese words coming out don't mean much to me lol, thanks again!
Problem is when the translation is weeby enough sound effects start being translated literally. What if they translated a dog barking as wan wan?

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Problem is when the translation is weeby enough sound effects start being translated literally. What if they translated a dog barking as wan wan?
That's always a bit of a sticking point for me, as Japanese makes much more liberal use of onomatopoeia for all manner of things so it comes across as much more natural. Sometimes the English equivalent sounds too stupid for me to bring myself to write so it can end up just getting transliterated. Like, am I really gonna write "rub rub" for "goshigoshi"? The former makes me lose braincells, . Given the opportunity to just leave manga-style sound effects be, I'm inclined to do just that.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I still do not understand how it is installed, can andi give an example
Step 1) Download the (Game) release.
Step 2) Extract archive.
Step 3) Run GamePro.exe

If that is too confusing... please help yourself to some web searches. It's worth knowing how to operate your PC.
Never heard of this issue before, sorry. Good luck troubleshooting.

Reactions: F90F91 and Aori351
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes