VN - Ren'Py - In a Scent [Ep. 4 Part 1 v1.035] [Domiek]

1. 5.00 star(s)

zaqrwe

v1.0

For now it looks really great. Graphics is amazing, animations equally so, humor hits very good, writing also seems good. Maybe a bit too crazy, idk if it's just my feeling, but plot action feels a bit rushed. Or maybe some less important scenes between existing ones were not yet implemented. It's not making game experience worse, it's just a feeling that pace could've been a bit slower. What can I say, except I want more updates :)
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Risax

Comedy is hitting all the right notes for me. Even better than Personal Trainer did. I think it is worth the 5 stars for the whole Coton game bit alone.

The models also look good and, knowing the devs previous work, it'll probably be a great experience overal.

Be sure to give it a try.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Imperial4272

An Unique story which makes the game shine among thousands of other soulless games. Combined with excellent renders this game is a must play. Thumbs up to the dev for making the game. Eagerly waiting for future updates.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Dave001

This rating/review is based on version 1.0 (0.1?), so consider this an early appraisal.

Right out of the gate we have a double-entendre in the title. Judging from the quality of writing, I suspect we'll come to understand its other meaning in due course, given we understand one of its meanings already (if you've played the content up to this point).... a tongue-in-cheek play on words.

In terms of the narrative, the author has been very honest right from the outset of the game. It may not appeal to some, such as those seeking a certain kind of immersion or a pretense to imagine themselves as the MC. It doesn't strike me as that kind of game. I think it has been deliberately done this way because the author has a particular 'voice' in mind for the MC.

I really enjoyed the use of humor throughout. Sometimes I laughed with the MC, sometimes at the MC, and sometimes at the circumstances. I also have to give credit to the author for some of the character models and their comedic timing - quite difficult to achieve in an adult game, and without it getting in the way! I think they've done an outstanding job so far.

The render quality, models and animations are top notch. I needn't say more. The amount of content in the first installment is very good and hopefully this continues in subsequent updates. I personally prefer less frequent updates that have more content, but each to their own.

On the whole it is one of the best adult VN's I've come across in quite some time and I'm looking forward to more from the author, on this project and hopefully others in the future.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

gking2392

Really a very good game as well on the graphics as on the dialogue ideas.

I like the humorous side and the jokes made by the main character, it's the first time I see this kind of humor in a game.

The animations are fluid and of good quality.

I can't wait to follow MC's antics.
    #######################################################

Vraiment un très bon jeu aussi bien sur le graphisme que sur les idées de dialogues.

j'aime le coté humoristique et les blagues faites par le personnage principal, c'est bien la première fois que je vois de l'humour de ce style dans un jeu.

Les animations sont fluides et de qualité.

J'ai hâte de suivre les bêtises de MC
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Alteni

My Impression for this game : No for A GOBLIN MC !

My Reaction for this game : before playing excited after playing the HEADCHE !

★ Gameplay : ✭✭✰✰✰
    ★ Story : ✭✰✰✰✰ ( Story doesn't make since at all )
    ★ Spelling : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ renders : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ Potential : ✭✭✭✭✭
    ★ Overall : ✭✰✰✰✰
    ★ Girls physique : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ Graphic : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ Creativity :✭✰✰✰✰

Note :
    u need to check ur MC little boy , brain of a monkey ! A goblin body ! A weird family ....No thanks.

i stopped playing this game becoz of that , done until he change the mc totally.

THE ONLY GOOD IN THIS GAME : Renders and the girls physic.

Edit : 12/2/2022
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Ape Drape

The renders are good. The animations are top notch. The story is nice and unique. Above all, this game is fucking funny. Overall humorous with some good belly laughs.

This one shows a lot of promise.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

AdliQuiBoit

Great first release. I already knew Domiek from his previous game, so I had no doubts !

Renders are excellent, animations too. The story looks interesting, I'm curious to see where this is going.

As for the characters, they look great, all different body types.
    MC's a moron but that's what makes the game sooo funny, I laughed the entire. Great humor, I loved it. I'll definitely be there for next release !
  9. 5.00 star(s)

ioca

I've never laughed out loud so much while playing a lewd game as I did playing this one.

The writing is fantastic, the renders are pro-level, the personality of the main character is quite original and overall this turned out to be one of my favorite games.

I'm sure if the developer keeps up the quality level this will end up rivaling the tip top players in this little industry.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Gregk

The intro was interesting and well written. Other games offer an intro only to tell us about MC's job, place and some relations. This one makes a better use of it and shows us his personality and character.
    We have a couple of days of gameplay, though I thought that there would be some more content. I know this is a 1.0b release, but we could find some more action. And I don't mean strictly sexual action.

On the other hand... this game's graphics are superb, the plot of faking a family member to create the family sex atmosphere without breaking some sites' rules is pretty smart and I really like the models.
    For those of us who like really hourglass figure MILFs, Ma is amazing. However, keeping the extreme curves to one character is a good idea, which should be more extended. In other games where all female characters wear GG cups, it makes it too laughable (and yet sexy anyways). Here we have to other women with more proportioned and still quite hot bodies.

So I'm raiting five stars because I like where this is going. However, I hope that next releases have more dialogs.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

MightyFurry

Wow that was pretty damn good! Checked it out cause someone told me it would be worth my time ... and it totally was.

I knoew Domieks game before but totally forgot he was working on something new.

This here is something totally different. Not that i didnt like the game he made before ... but ...

-The renders look really damn nice. It feels like a mix between Pixar photos of real people. Somehwat hard to describe but i really love this style.
    -The game has a very fitting music score! The dev is showing love to detail here :)

The animations are also crazy good! Theres even a small intro sequence. Hope we get more of this stuff in future releases

-Writing is top notch in my opinion. It felt believeable (as far the story allows) and very entertaining. The girls clearly have different personalities and there is GARY, who i dont want to spoiler too much about. The guy made me laugh so hard :)

The MC himself is a loveable asshole! If i met him in real life, i surely would want to kick his stupid ass. But inside the game his personality works just perfect. He surely has the potential to become my all-time favourite poon game MC :)

-Only downside i see is, that this here is a 0.1. Meaning there is content, even sexy content, but it was over way too quick. Cant wait for the next release!

Please keep up the good work Mister Domiek!Take my money!
  12. 4.00 star(s)

anon280

Version: 1.0b

• light vn with simple premise
    • occasionally funny but i share Raya's, the sister character's, sentiments on having heard enough about the MC's video game
    • nice filter style added to renders
    • all 3 girls are hot with Selene, aunt character, taking the lead
    • Ma, the mother character, borderline elephantiasis thickness in some images but i'm okay with it - i just want it to be consistent in whichever size is chosen
    • Raya's eyes looks as if she smoked some strong kush
    • fluid animations except that one where the MC strips and his pants aggressively flap
    • not much sexual content right now but the tension is there for it to come
    • much rather the content play out like auntie's handjob than Gloria's, the very first bj scene - meaning: the pacing is natural in the hj compared to the "show two angles" and a "cum" button
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Game is funny, good renders. MC is just a lazy guy oh sorry he is a incubus. He is not a pervert but circumstances made him a big pervert. All he cared about was his precious game but his dad shattered his dreams :(. And sent him to human realm now he has to do some perverted things to escape human realm.

The characters in the game are funny. MC got some damn moves :LOL:. Aunt character in the game was hot and sexy. Dev did a good work in creating that character. Seems like Raye has some problems hoping MC can fix it. Hoping MC can romance Raye than corrupting her.

Overall it's a good start, looking forward to next updates
  14. 4.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

To be fair, I cannot stand this game... lol... however, I realize it's only because it's not my thing. The production is well done and the writing is good. Plus the renders are really well done. Perhaps the DOF is a tad over used, but still, it's very good.

There are a couple problems, IMO. The skin effects on some of the charaters are odd and the guys "sister" has some really weird expressions at times. The biggest problem for me was the MC. Just could not stand him. I get that's part of the story and I know it is supposed to be funny and I appreciate all of that, but again, it was hard for me to root for the guy.

Having said all of that, I can totally understand why some folks will love this. Its funny and most importantly, it's very original, especially for the adult VN genre. I may come back to this after a few releases, but right now, it's not for me.

Don't let my review stop you, however. You should definitely download it and check it out for yourself. Again, this is just not my thing, but I am not going to give it a bad rating just because I don't care for it; it is really well done and I can appreciate the work and effort put into it.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Homo_Erect_Us

I can't wait for the next update.

Short version: Great artwork, not so annoying music and comical plot which doesn't take itself too seriously and aims towards FUN.

Passionate version: Selene is total MILF. I love MILF as always. Perky tits, fit MILF. Model is freaking A+. Some are whining about plot I see but I think plot is okay. Who takes video games too seriously anyways? This isn't who's the father or WTF. That was atrocious but this plot ain't anything too weird at all.

I like the plot, it's fun, comical and leads to sexy stuff that's all. I want more Selene's content and Rya or rhea whatever was sisters name yup that too. In fact just give it your 100, dev; keep releasing updates because your audience is going crazy right now. Audiences that MATTER anyway.

Always positive and keep it coming!
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Falakaka42

Alright. I played till the end to know where the
    Hype is coming from. Yes renders are above average
    For sure. That kept me from doing a 1 Star ref. Since

There is no logic plot on where is driften
    The renders are good, while the character faces are not
    It is pretty short and has nothing really in there
    Look At the Tags. Maybe 8 Tags is because it has Zero
    Content.
    It is well written with a good english bit i cant give it 3
    Stars cause someone is fluently speaking eng.

Overall. I will forget this game. But havd fun rest.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

BitTorah

Clever, original, and well-written. The fact that the graphics are also great is almost a bonus with those three things being true.

I'm excited to see where this one goes. The obvious downside is that this is a game that's just getting started, but the premise is already better than 90% of the chaff on this site anyway!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

rosk0e

Domiek does it again! “In a Scent” is definitely placed in the “Ones to Watch” category. Loved the unique models, the humorous dialogue and it has...A REDHEAD!!! It will have you looking forward to future updates, like Personal Trainer did!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

mfred

love the details of this game. lots of effort were put in this. and since his previous game of Personal Trainer was a success and more importantly, completed, I'm pretty sure this game will do as good

Edit: not many adult games make me laugh but this game is truly a gem!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

TM REDUX

God damn, this is the same Dev as personal trainer and even though its only Ep 1 if it is ANYTING like personal trainer I think it will be an easy watch and 5 star.

So far the story itself is actually pretty interesting, you have a young incubus doing his best to infiltrate a family after his dad kicked him out of his mansion in hell, but though the story is ok, the humor is actually amazing, the game is hilarious and most if not all of the jokes and banter land.

The characters are great so far, everyone is likeable, and seems like they have good backstory, and their interactions are downright comical, i love the back and forths between the characters, and am looking forward to seeing the story evolve as time goes on.

Finally the models, the "sister" is beautiful and hilarious when she interacts with the MC, the Mom is a picture perfect MILF, not insanely gorgeous, but as beatiful as someone her age could be naturally, the Aunt is amazing looking as well.

Basically the game is great so far, only downside is there is only 1 spicy scene so far, but its only episode one.