Unity In Heat: Lustful Nights [v0.2.0 Steam] [MonsterBox]

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I legit don't even know where the new save folder would be to put it. Just downloaded the game for the first time, and in heat folder isn't in local files.
Here's a tip to figure out where files are generated on application run.

If you use Windows, install , it's a search program that works better than default that tracks file changes. When you want to see what files a game's runtime affects, start Everything first, put that to the side where you can see it like a 2nd monitor, then run the game.

You will immediately see the most recently changed files at the top, getting pushed down the list by newly updated files pushed to the top in real time. Right-click and Open Path to find the file in the folder where it's located.

I suspect Linux has a similar tool.

LoC Disciple

Feb 7, 2021
I legit don't even know where the new save folder would be to put it. Just downloaded the game for the first time, and in heat folder isn't in local files.
There's generally a couple areas games will store their saves

1. Most of the time on Windows, games will store save files in the APPDATA area (This PC/[Whatever drive your Windows installtion is on]/Users/[Your User]/AppData/). From there, there's 3 folders. Search these three for a subfolder under the name of either the game or the developer.

2. Much less commonly, games will store their saves within the game directory itself. This kind of goonery is something you'll basically always find in RPGMaker games, for example.

and please, oh PLEASE, do not install some shady shit in order to track down where your applications are storing things.

Dudeguybrah

Aug 20, 2018
Hey so question. How do I start unlocking the sexy times with the girls? Whenever they "catch me" they just say something and its game over, no scenes. Do you start unlocking it after a certain day?

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Yours steps mostly work for things LoC Disciple, but after a while AppData is full of folders and some game devs are outright careless, still using the default dev directory name for their game engine and cluttering up some default folder.

Then for people who were unfortunate enough to switch to Windows 11, the OS search function becomes both useless and a much greater security flaw than using the well-known program Everything; Windows 11 no longer has a normal file and folder search function. Instead it tries to search the web first then uses AI to slowly search through your files in a way that just feels like a downgrade to what was available 4 or so operating system versions ago. If you disable the AI portion in your settings, your computer outright lacks a search function. I suspect the AI is a direct web connection from GPT 4 to your computer's files. W11 users had no choice in that "upgrade" arriving in an update.

Or you can learn PowerShell and make your own kind of manual search query since you no longer have a working built-in search function.

Reactions: DocRipper

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Hey so question. How do I start unlocking the sexy times with the girls? Whenever they "catch me" they just say something and its game over, no scenes. Do you start unlocking it after a certain day?
You probably don't have Adult mode turned on.

There's generally a couple areas games will store their saves

1. Most of the time on Windows, games will store save files in the APPDATA area (This PC/[Whatever drive your Windows installtion is on]/Users/[Your User]/AppData/). From there, there's 3 folders. Search these three for a subfolder under the name of either the game or the developer.

2. Much less commonly, games will store their saves within the game directory itself. This kind of goonery is something you'll basically always find in RPGMaker games, for example.

and please, oh PLEASE, do not install some shady shit in order to track down where your applications are storing things.
Saves directly in the game folder are quite common. Not only for RPGM, but also RenPy, even some Unity projects.

JustAI is right about some things.
Some developers don't have a clear structure (typically shovelware trash games), so then you have to search for "DefaultCompany" or "DefaultProject", or the name is completely different (work title).There are many options..and ''traps'' inside system folders.

In addition, you forgot one location - registry.:)

Reactions: JustAl

Luna Moon

Feb 5, 2018
This game is WAY to hard. Winning is completely random. Anyone got a complete save, I cant be fucked to get past night 8

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
In addition, you forgot one location - registry.:)
This right here has caused me no shortage of headache in playing some games. For all that is both holy and unholy do I hate with a passion when a game's progress is stored in the registry.
This $#% right here is exactly why I got Everything at some point. Yes, not only is storing game settings in the registry atrociously inaccessible, but the usual caveat is that things can go very wrong if something important in the registry goes wrong... and you're there for some petty game nonsense.

Unlocking the gallery for those games involves changing the registry keys, typically shared as a file you can run to find and change those registry values. Y'know, the same kind of file that may as well be a virus if someone were to purposely seek and alter critical values in your registry.

Yeah. I don't like to recommend external programs for anything, so let me simply say this: it's nice to know what files a game or anything else adds / changes when it runs. It's convenient to have a quick way to figure that out.

~~~

Now for another topic:
This game is WAY to hard. Winning is completely random. Anyone got a complete save, I cant be fucked to get past night 8
Sharing a complete save is a decent idea. Mine isn't complete yet. The save would just unlock the gallery and all the levels in the first set. You unlock the gallery by replaying the game and picking up VHS cassettes in the stages repeatedly until a new scene unlocks and you have all scenes unlocked. The repetition of this process is why I've not completed my save yet. I played a bit more and unlocked all gallery scenes. You can download my complete save file for the current newest Unity build here.

I will encourage you to play and practice more via gameplay. It's definitely beatable and I've won the final stage in the first set (12) multiple times. The RNG is the part of the game that keeps it fresh. You can bolster your strategies with my tips in the following spoiler section. Open to read.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

LoC Disciple

Feb 7, 2021
Did you accidentally enable SFW Mode? If you're playing the correct version (the version that SHOULD be linked in the DLs on the thread's front page), the toggle'll be in the options. Also the bomb, losing via tasks, and the Night 10 special enemy all don't have death animations even in NSFW mode.

HenmiShmenmi

Jul 2, 2018
I can't seem to be able to edit the save file without making the game crash on launch. And I can't be fucked to play through the overcomplicated mess that they've turned the game into. So I guess I'll join the masses in waiting for either a save file or some help with changing the values in my own.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I can't seem to be able to edit the save file without making the game crash on launch. And I can't be fucked to play through the overcomplicated mess that they've turned the game into. So I guess I'll join the masses in waiting for either a save file or some help with changing the values in my own.
I played the game until I unlocked the entire gallery and all currently existing levels (12 on the Security Room VHS tape). I will upload my complete save for this Unity build version. Insert the save file into: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\LocalLow\MonsterBox\INHEAT\Saved\SaveGames

Note: you unlock gallery content by finding VHS tapes and completing the mission you found them in. If you lose the mission, you lose the tapes (gallery unlock progress) you got during the mission.

Last edited:

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Listen, I'm gon' be honest. The less I have to think about the psychopaths that have their games save to the FUCKING REGISTRY, the happier my life is.
Mate, let me paint you a picture straight from a horror story.
Back when I got into PC gaming but before I could afford a decent rig....I got introduced into the world of VNs thanks to Type-Moon's Fate/Stay Night. In the spam of a few years, I've played a not so small amount of VNs both H (original F/SN, Tsukihime, CROWD's Xchange series, original Utawarerumono, SOGNA's Viper series, Three Sisters Story, True Love 98, and my greatest love Koihime series) and All ages (voiced F/SN, Utawarerumono, pretty much any VN that later became an anime). In that time, I loved to keep the games even after I finished them to rewatch some favorited scenes. Anywho, upgraded my pc transfered all the data to the new one, booted up Shin Koihime Musou which I already sanked 20 hours into.....data gone. Checked F/SN, data gone (50 hours). Utawarerumono (both H and AG), data gone (30+ hours each). Viper games, data gone. Xchange series....that one was just fine!

Mental blow was so great that I couldn't bring myself to replay them even though i love them and still have the games to this day on my pc.

HenmiShmenmi

Jul 2, 2018
I played the game until I unlocked the entire gallery and all currently existing levels (12 on the Security Room VHS tape). I will upload my complete save for this Unity build version. To re-enable NSFW content go to the bottom of the options menu and turn it ON.

Note: you unlock gallery content by finding VHS tapes and completing the mission you found them in. If you lose the mission, you lose the tapes (gallery unlock progress) you got during the mission.
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. That being said I feel like the quality of the animations has dropped significantly compared to before. I definitely would have been upset to play through all of that mess for that much.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. That being said I feel like the quality of the animations has dropped significantly compared to before. I definitely would have been upset to play through all of that mess for that much.
The secret to being happy with the game is to enjoy the game itself. I never played the original FNAF games because I wasn't in the "hip young kids" loop when it first came out, wasn't enticed by the YouTubers or lore videos, definitely not attracted to the game by the very young community, definitely not.

Furthermore, since I'm a normal adult who works full time, I do not want to lose any precious sleep being jarred awake at night by some macabre hallucination I dreamt up after playing in a game setting where unfriendly child ghosts Gundam-mech bootleg versions of Charles Entertainment Cheese to my doorstep to get to the center of the Tootsie Pop that is my cranium. However, I wouldn't mind an occasional vision of a plump monster girl cartoonishly glomping me or whatever. So this game's fun to me by virtue that I can enjoy the game mechanics without as much cringe, be it from terror or flashbacks to annoying internet hype.

That said, the game's pretty decent in SFW mode too. The clothing's less skimpy and instead of sex scenes you get a playfully mocking outro scene from the character. I wish every element of the game was toggleable for your own custom experience but I don't mind. Sometimes I play NSFW, sometimes I play SFW.

wowcow

May 5, 2022
Does anyone know how to deal with the milf who stands in the way of cameras and opens doors? i can't figure it out. Also I don't know how to fix the power lever

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes