Whambalam

Oct 20, 2017
We encountered the issue with deposits during testing. We couldn't find any explanation for the money to behave like this in any forum, and nothing in the code suggests that it should even be able to do it. (We are definitely open to hearing from anyone familiar with Twine/Sugarcube who has a solution.) We did, however, discover that the error does not occur if you perform a withdrawal before attempting to deposit. This is why you have to "activate your card" by withdrawing money before you can deposit any money.

You seem to indicate that you didn't withdraw any money, so the error is expected. In your next play, withdraw the lowest amount and then you should be able to proceed without issue.
it is a type missmatch, $BankMoney will be set to String on the first initiation
you need to replace <<set $BankMoney to $depositamt>> with <<set $BankMoney to parseInt($depositamt)>>

you should read up on this, cause you should also check if the value is even a number and not some random text

Last edited:

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
it is a type missmatch, $BankMoney will be set to String on the first initiation
you need to replace <<set $BankMoney to $depositamt>> with <<set $BankMoney to parseInt($depositamt)>>
Thank you! We'll try that!

Since it has never been set to a string (using "") but only to numerals/integers (and we've never had a similar issue with any other numerical/integer variable), I didn't think that should happen. But this might be the solution! Thanks again!

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Game feels so fking frustrating. Why is it coded that if you're not at a location exactly at the correct time, it skips it, which is another 7 days of grind?

If I'm wrong that would be great, but fucking trying to wait for Shaun to invite 2nd time to club at the correct time doesn't work if he you go past 8pm or 9pm w/e he's just gone? half the time is fucked at 5 min before slotted time or 10 min after and you miss trigger?
Well, there is a bit of schedule maintenance necessary. After all, Shaun only goes to the club once a week, on Saturdays. But this doesn't seem any more difficult than any other scheduled events I have seen in any other H-games.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Is it me or is this game hours and hours of repetetive days spent without getting anywhere despite stat stacking? Is there any sexual content at all and how to get it? Is there anything happening at the jobs worth mentioning? Anything in the park?
There are at least six or seven different male sexual partners in the game, several of whom have repeatable sexual events. "Stat stacking" is not necessarily the way to unlock each of them. Some of them are triggered by events at work, some of them are triggered by interacting with characters to build relationships with them. The new Hints/Progress Tracker offers some "clues" (though not total spoilers) for some of these events. Some of them you encounter in specific circumstances based on your decisions. It is a game, after all.

I will tell you that we do not have anything special in the park yet, though we have events planned and outlined.

Reactions: ray3dave

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
How do I progress in the game? All I seem to be able to do is walk around and work out. I cannot get a job. I see no other NPC interactions other than the roommates. If I say I don't have time but am still interested at the start does that end the interaction with Thomas?
Use your laptop to look for a job. There is a reminder message in your bedroom to do this, as well as in the Progress Tracker.

I'm really not sure what you are doing wrong, but there are lots of things to do, several relationships to build.

Whambalam

Oct 20, 2017
Thank you! We'll try that!

Since it has never been set to a string (using "") but only to numerals/integers (and we've never had a similar issue with any other numerical/integer variable), I didn't think that should happen. But this might be the solution! Thanks again!
the issue is that the textbox in sugarcube handles the input as a string, so you have to force convert it to integer
here is a link to your issue and explanation of it

you should read up on it cause you should implement a check if the user did put a number in and not just some random text

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Any chance zu play a dickfree happy lesbian?
If not, are there plans for a pure lesbian route?
Well, I don't know that I would call it a "pure lesbian" route, as she is coming out of a relationship with a guy. However, there is currently the beginnings of a "bi-curious" developing into a "bisexual" route, and you can avoid all sexual activity with guys now, if you want. This was one of the big changes in this version, in fact. We plan to build more content along this route over the next two updates. Eventually the goal of this path is to allow the MC to travel along in her path to "self-discovery" in a realistic way to have relationships exclusively with women.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
the issue is that the textbox in sugarcube handles the input as a string, so you have to force convert it to integer
here is a link to your issue and explanation of it

you should read up on it cause you should implement a check if the user did put a number in and not just some random text
Ah, I see. The problem is not with the initialization but with the textbox input that then causes the initial integer to be combined with a text string. Makes sense!

Thanks again! (This is why we always upload the latest public version to F95's wonderful hive-mind!)

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
Use your laptop to look for a job. There is a reminder message in your bedroom to do this, as well as in the Progress Tracker.

I'm really not sure what you are doing wrong, but there are lots of things to do, several relationships to build.
I see the remainder, but in the laptop, I get the message that it's apparently too early to try getting a job. " I don't want to go back to the Diner so soon after quitting." I get a similar message to all of them.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
I see the remainder, but in the laptop, I get the message that it's apparently too early to try getting a job. " I don't want to go back to the Diner so soon after quitting." I get a similar message to all of them.
Did you load a save game from a previous version? Or did you already work at all four jobs and quit them? We are going to remove the restriction that currently prevents the MC from going back to a job after she quits it. We have scenes already set up (but not yet incorporated into the game) for getting rehired at each job. This will introduce some additional tension into the story, so it has been delayed while we set up some of the other necessary aspects for making it all work, story-wise.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
Did you load a save game from a previous version? Or did you already work at all four jobs and quit them? We are going to remove the restriction that currently prevents the MC from going back to a job after she quits it. We have scenes already set up (but not yet incorporated into the game) for getting rehired at each job. This will introduce some additional tension into the story, so it has been delayed while we set up some of the other necessary aspects for making it all work, story-wise.
I had to restart due to CCleaner deleting my cookies from the browser. I never applied to any jobs. Started fresh.

Ritchie0069

Oct 23, 2020
Some bugs might already have been signalled :

1) I keep getting "You have a text!" alert (on the left side menu bar), but when I go in the Text app on the phone there is no new text. I then click on all the buttons in the Text app and the Alert disappear, but in the history I don't see the new text under anyone's conversation. (I'm waiting for Text msg from Abby).

2) I have the same bug : deposit that get concatenated.

3) Can't seem to be able to repay the Loan, although there is more than enough money in the account because of bug specified in 3) !!!!!

4) Walking uptown takes only 20 minutes, not 30 as specified in brackets !!

Voilà so far,

Ritchie

Reactions: Surprise & Delight
May 24, 2020
I'm coming back to the game to see if there are any changes, I have noticed a few i can now stop the first date which I couldn't before that's good, problem with the roommate Bobby I can't just go to bed I have to stay up with him even thou there is a button to go to bed it doesn't work, getting a phone call or text when nobodys there, having to wear a bra and panties as a girl myself I often go out without a bra and panty even to work and yes I did read the comments on the first page but that does not change the fact, are we playing by our choice and morals or yours, I'm not trying to tell you how to make your game all I am doing is stating what type of game I will and won't play. So having said my peace i will try the game after an update or two to see hows the game is till then good luck with your game.

Reactions: Surprise & Delight

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
schedule maintenance .
indeed, it is common for sandboxes. some are completely based on that. but it is not unusual when rigidness (1 per week events) is counterbalanced by some qol things... like timetweaking, alert signs, geolocation trackers, or some always visible schedules (like in Bimbo Life Coach)
when playing you just often go into brainless clicking mod unless you have some precise walktrhough you ready to follow meticullously.
(i still havenot checked 0.4 version, comments scared me)

2.90 star(s) 29 Votes