VN Ren'Py In Her Service [v0.54] [Blue Factory Games]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Made by Virt-A-Mate instead of the usual DAZ or other engines we see on a daily basis. They honestly look great when you get used to the look.
have to agree with you, the graphics needed getting used too, but now I love them and don`t want to miss them, plus the Dev is giving almost 2 updates a month or more, and that is something you don`t see everyday.
Very much agree, I didn't like the looks at first but it really starts to grow on you.
I actually did play a bit with DAZ but its posing and animation system LITERALLY EVERYTHIHNG is just too slow
FTFY :LOL:. I'm using daz right now for my own WIP. And I hate everything about it compared to to blender or max.

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
FTFY :LOL:. I'm using daz right now for my own WIP. And I hate everything about it compared to to blender or max.
If blender had VAM animation posing and other stuff i would definitely use it instead. Here is how the house in which game takes place looks with proper raytracing in blender. I hope that VAM2 will have raytracing and VAM1 import so in theory i could just rerender scenes at some point with raytracing.

I spent so much time reworking house so that it can be used in VAM lol where blender worked out of the box.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
ok done.

- the writing can be a bit odd here and there, but mostly good.
- the story itself is also a bit odd, but not weird, u understand more and more about it during the story.
- the characters are well made with unique personalities. giving the VN high points here.
- the renders are ok. the mistress is quite hot. she is not just a fuckhole, like many other VN with better renders has.
- the eroticism is there, u can feel it and all kinds of emotions. this is the forte for the VN

so the bad. its over. I played until the end and its over. really bad. so the VN gets a - here. but fortunately its just temporary as I hope there will be an update soon enough.

lucathesaint

Jul 29, 2022
ok done.

- the writing can be a bit odd here and there, but mostly good.
- the story itself is also a bit odd, but not weird, u understand more and more about it during the story.
- the characters are well made with unique personalities. giving the VN high points here.
- the renders are ok. the mistress is quite hot. she is not just a fuckhole, like many other VN with better renders has.
- the eroticism is there, u can feel it and all kinds of emotions. this is the forte for the VN

so the bad. its over. I played until the end and its over. really bad. so the VN gets a - here. but fortunately its just temporary as I hope there will be an update soon enough.
THe bad. Where is daughter's action. PLS GIB MOAR

Reactions: baka

The Pointman

Feb 16, 2023
If swinging is not your thing then definitely this won't be game for you. I do plan non swinging path down the line but it would be wrong to say game main theme isn't about romance/swinging but purely romance.

NTR will be definitely avoidable.
romance/swinging that does not go together at all. lol

Reactions: Faxe10% and EJW

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019

Hi folks, Perkel here.

Almost a week has passed since release of v0.54 and public release of v0.52a.
Since then as mentioned in v0.54 release post, I'm occupied with creating gallery feature.

So how's the progress on v0.55 ?

TLDR:
- Gallery feature will be in v0.55 on 28th of May
- It will feature mostly erotic scenes
- It will show you locked scenes you missed.
- It will have dialogue % indicator to show you missed text.

I tried to implement it earlier but always i had some issues that would risk bi-weekly releases. As mentioned i decided to use v0.55 as release of gallery feature and i would focus only on that.

RenPy engine in which i make my game comes with a gallery feature. "Yaaay !!". At least that's what i thought at the time... How hard it could be ?

Turns out that its gallery implementation is super cumbersome and very manual which is something i discovered over first 3 days since v0.54 release. I learned and played with it but it quickly became annoying to work with. Basically you have to manually add images to gallery string by string in the code, do miniatures yourself etc. 0 automation.

I did some napkin math and i had nearly 1000 images already even doing copy paste would take looong hours to get it. Moreover due to how i use images in order to create gallery with proper scenes i would have to watch out what i am doing as sometimes i would use again same images in script.

Doing miniatures for 1000 images ? Yeah also not something fast. Sure i can come up with batch Adobe Photoshop script but those miniatures can't be random either otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them correctly. You have to first pick miniature good enough for representation of what scene shows and then zoom in a bit in correct place framing it correctly.

Oh and don't forget about movies. Because they are not supported well in gallery mode and you have to use hacks to get it working correctly...

As you can see this is time consuming and frankly mega boring.

Since i have Python programing skills i decided to do what a reasonable code monkey would do.

"Write your own damn gallery and have 100% control over it." - Adolf Einstain circa 1422

So i did. in 3 more days i had my own gallery. The gallery worked and it automatically divided events, unlocked images etc. all without me sitting for hours copy pasting strings of text per image. "Only few micro issues left". It didn't support movie files and had some issues here and there but those problems can be solved yes ?

Well yeah. I could, by directly changing RenPy internal code. That naturally was a red flag already but i wasn't one of those who auto-update whatever software they work on to be met with pain later on. But then when i was in middle of it, happily banging away RenPy internals i realized one crucial thing.

I'm not releasing only on Windows. I have to think about Mac and Android users. And from stats i have, Android users are actually more common than Windows or Mac users. My code relied on using Windows os functions to scour folders so on and so forth.

Great. Now i have to learn about android programing its os etc. And the more i started to learn about it, the more i realized that producing my own gallery without putting R&D during my off hours, deciding on tech solution and testing it before going into production this update was a mistake that could cost me weeks of development, what's worse i'm a week into schedule and with no gallery to show.

So what i did ?

I went back to coal mining and putting those damn strings into gallery manually. The initial idea for gallery was to encompass all images and i have to curtail that to select scenes mostly focusing on erotic content. Good news is that i solved issue with displaying movies in gallery so it CAN be completed. Now i need some manual work for 2-3 days, gui, Q&A and release it. The benefit of my own gallery is that it will be 100% automated which means no wasted time that i can use for other stuff like event creation.

Good news is that gallery will be working, bad news it will leave me almost no time for any new event as i have to work my way through all events, do miniatures, check stuff etc etc etc

. Next update naturally will be all about events. I will be researching in free moments my own gallery to replace what i am doing now. I will deliver sometimes in future and once all features of it will be working then i will do second update to deliver final gallery with all images etc.

Either way folks, thanks for tuning in for this long progress update :)

Perkel

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Folks i made a poll for you to decide what to do with right click action.

I changed that for easy way to hide text as not everyone has middle mouse button but few of you said it was more important for you to have save/load for all your save scumming needs instead.

Poll is completely public. Decide whatever you want to have hide text or save under right click :)

Reactions: Panos24

dex_d111

Oct 6, 2017
Schedule:

28th of May 2024 - v0.54 public release - content update
28th of May 2024 - v0.55 early access release - gallery feature
Hi perkel666,

Would it be possible for you to include Linux + Windows in your PC build, instead of just Windows? I'm currently playing the game on Linux using the Ren'py SDK.

Thanks.

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes