3.80 star(s) 37 Votes

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Skipping to new content is only available for Patreon builds.
Question is, why is an inferior public build being upload to OP when we have a cracked v0.36 patreon build posted in the thread :alien:

The only difference is the ability to skip to newest content? Or does the "public" version have other drawbacks? :unsure:

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Question is, why is an inferior public build being upload to OP when we have a cracked v0.36 patreon build posted in the thread :alien:

The only difference is the ability to skip to newest content? Or does the "public" version have other drawbacks? :unsure:
Cracked versions tend not to stay cracked for very long.

malcolmalbie

Oct 8, 2018
Things in the Patreon version that aren't in the Public version (in addition to the ability to skip to the new content):
  • Animations
  • "Visit Sex" scene

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Things in the Patreon version that aren't in the Public version (in addition to the ability to skip to the new content):
  • Animations
  • "Visit Sex" scene
Great, so it is in fact a nerfed version that gets pushed to the OP every time the game gets updated on Patreon :FacePalm: I think a mod need to vet whoever is intentionally leaking a worse version for thread updates when we have a better version posted here by users :WeSmart:

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
Great, so it is in fact a nerfed version that gets pushed to the OP every time the game gets updated on Patreon :FacePalm: I think a mod need to vet whoever is intentionally leaking a worse version for thread updates when we have a better version posted here by users :WeSmart:
I do believe the OP is the developer. So.. they are posting a free demo, more or less. That's pretty intentional. But the Dev, despite playing whack-a-mole with those who crack the patreon version via DRM, hasn't went down any of the other routes that are available. I'd think the mods realize the whole site walks a thin line and how not to antagonize a generally laid back dev.

• Haha
Reactions: Xakorik

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
I do believe the OP is the developer. So.. they are posting a free demo, more or less. That's pretty intentional. But the Dev, despite playing whack-a-mole with those who crack the patreon version via DRM, hasn't went down any of the other routes that are available. I'd think the mods realize the whole site walks a thin line and how not to antagonize a generally laid back dev.
No, devs do not have control over the thread of their games, afaik this is universal across all game threads in order to prevent a conflict of interest. They simply appear as OP of the thread to signify the fact, that they create the game, nothing more than that. Threads are controlled and updated by mods who receive updated game versions from users or other staff.

A user here is likely leaking the inferior version under guise of being a newer, improved version but in reality its actually worse than what has already been posted in the thread. The best we can do is report post with the cracked version as "game update" and explain it contains a better version than what is in the OP, then a mod should take a look at it and update it eventually.

There is an issue though. Rules here states that a game thread can only be promoted once every 2 weeks on the "latest updates" pages, so even if the thread gets updated with the improved version, or possibly even the newest v0.37 from patreon, the thread will not be pushed to the front-page again :illuminati::illuminati::illuminati:

Call me a tinfoil hat but seeing as for the last few updates, this thread has been updated with a "public" version almost the exact same moment a newer version pops up over at the Patreon. That just tells me we have a shill, possibly the dev himself, leaking an inferior "public" version from the previous update here to desperately try and delay the latest update being promoted here in case it gets leaked. Instead, an older build that lacks content and features compared to what has ben leaked already is being put in the OP and promoted.

Very sneaky but also kinda pathetic :KEK:

Last edited:

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
No, devs do not have control over the thread of their games, afaik this is universal across all game threads in order to prevent a conflict of interest. They simply appear as OP of the thread to signify the fact, that they create the game, nothing more than that. Threads are controlled and updated by mods who receive updated game versions from users or other staff.
That may be the case in some threads, but I don't believe it is the case in this one. Granted I could be wrong since I enjoy this thread more for the lolcows. This is probably the most dysfunctional thread on the forums and is gold for comedy.

More to the point, I'd have to actually look back at the history, but I do believe the username on the OP has posted in the forum in the manner of a person doing the development. I remember one case in particular where they were looking to hire localizers. Another where they use possessive words referring to "my" patreon and such.

I could see updates of the demo/free version being added by mod staff to keep up to date with the dev's OP in the case that it was FallenEros who made the initial post. But I'd still figure it is actually FallenEros who made it and has interacted on this forums.

Even if it wasn't FallenEros I'd say it falls on the side of caution that the "official" post is the free version and some random yahoo who isn't actually a mod is disseminating the cracked version. I don't think that is legally distinct enough to hold in court, but it is a slight veil of protection.

kialera

Jun 1, 2021
That may be the case in some threads, but I don't believe it is the case in this one. Granted I could be wrong since I enjoy this thread more for the lolcows. This is probably the most dysfunctional thread on the forums and is gold for comedy.

More to the point, I'd have to actually look back at the history, but I do believe the username on the OP has posted in the forum in the manner of a person doing the development. I remember one case in particular where they were looking to hire localizers. Another where they use possessive words referring to "my" patreon and such.

I could see updates of the demo/free version being added by mod staff to keep up to date with the dev's OP in the case that it was FallenEros who made the initial post. But I'd still figure it is actually FallenEros who made it and has interacted on this forums.

Even if it wasn't FallenEros I'd say it falls on the side of caution that the "official" post is the free version and some random yahoo who isn't actually a mod is disseminating the cracked version. I don't think that is legally distinct enough to hold in court, but it is a slight veil of protection.
You misunderstand. The OP account is the developer, but that's the standard here and as long the devs make an account they will be granted "ownership" of their game's thread. It doesn't, however, mean that they are responsible for updating the links in the OP and the disclaimer makes this clear too: the ones updating and sharing the pirated links are F95 staff.

Reactions: Nerro

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
I could see updates of the demo/free version being added by mod staff to keep up to date with the dev's OP in the case that it was FallenEros who made the initial post.
You're getting a bit caught up in the weeds. The real meat of it being that second quote. It seems to me that it'd be ill-advised to flaunt the cracked version in the first post. At least so long as the website isn't hosted in something like a ".ru" domain. It's not quite security through obscurity (which is generally bad), but it's not -as- blatant.

kbfemcrypt

Aug 6, 2020
Its wild how elevated these games become when someone actually puts a smidge of effort into dialogue/writing.

3.80 star(s) 37 Votes