3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

GFLYRM

Jun 30, 2023
Are you serious? The developer took all the time to make the most useless and ridiculous CG for a totally pointless scene:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But can't you at least create a single image of that entire sequence??
WTF?? is it just me or is IWH declining more and more with each "upgrade"? For me, finishing the game with the “Honeymoon Ending” was like a breath of fresh air. Seeing this now…

spicydinet

Jan 17, 2024
Played "Good Ending" from start to finish a month ago and this turned into one of my favorite Netorase games.

Update is minuscule.

For anyone who wants to enjoy this to the fullest I'd suggest you wait until 0.5 or higher, dripfeeding will ruin the experience.

You all know how NTR/Netorase works, it's more effective the longer it goes and the deeper connection you have.

AkshayK

Jun 20, 2022
Are you serious? The developer took all the time to make the most useless and ridiculous CG for a totally pointless scene:
But can't you at least create a single image of that entire sequence??
WTF?? is it just me or is IWH declining more and more with each "upgrade"? For me, finishing the game with the “Honeymoon Ending” was like a breath of fresh air. Seeing this now…
Are the 2nd and 3rd pics from the latest release?

stupid_army

Apr 24, 2018
I just played Onsen chapter. the writting still same with other IWH stories. And actually like the idea ero play with cage. However, like i always said, i rather see the game finished first so i can buy it on steam ASAP rather than more branching story :LOL:.

4ZeR0

Jun 26, 2017
You all know how NTR/Netorase works, it's more effective the longer it goes and the deeper connection you have.
Right, so most people playing the spin off should have completed the base game, you already have a connection to the characters, going back to square 1 is a weird choice. Also Dev used to leave each update on an obvious cliff hanger with a CG that teased the next H scene/event. Nothing like that in this update, the events he's decided to make CGs for are totally inconsequential.

Also the amount of time between updates you'd be forgiven for thinking there may have been substantial progress made in spin off so much so that the first release is not drip fed garbage. Alas, this is sadly very much the case.

spicydinet

Jan 17, 2024
Right, so most people playing the spin off should have completed the base game, you already have a connection to the characters, going back to square 1 is a weird choice. Also Dev used to leave each update on an obvious cliff hanger with a CG that teased the next H scene/event. Nothing like that in this update, the events he's decided to make CGs for are totally inconsequential.

Also the amount of time between updates you'd be forgiven for thinking there may have been substantial progress made in spin off so much so that the first release is not drip fed garbage. Alas, this is sadly very much the case.
Yeah you're not wrong, I'm not a huge fan of how things are progressing myself

Just pointing out that IF you want to get something out of this at all then you'd probably be better to wait a few updates

malcolmalbie

Oct 8, 2018
I'd like to share with you all my favourite part in IWH, over the main game, Onsen and Gravure.
It is this bit of code:
Python:
def get_game_id(pw="1"):
    import random

try:
        import math

dir = config.basedir
        key = prod([ord(char) for char in dir])
        seed = key * int(pw)
        random.seed(seed)
    except:
        pass

n = random.randint(999, 999999999)
    store.persistent.game_id_version = config.version
    return n
For anyone who doesn't know python, this seems complicated. However, all it does is generate an ID using the password given to each Patreon member and the location of where the game is on your hard drive.

Now, this seems like a neat bit of code, right? However, if you look closely, you'll notice that the main logic is in a try/except block. Why? Where would this go wrong? This is because the code in the try block will always error with NameError: name 'prod' is not defined. A half-decent programmer would look at that error and see the problem. An incompetent developer would make the whole thing useless. The latter is exactly what the programmer of this function did.

The fix?
Code:
<         key = prod([ord(char) for char in dir])
---
>         key = math.prod([ord(char) for char in dir])

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
Oh, so things have moved on from strings of 0 and o for obfuscation.

It's a losing battle that leaves a bad taste in the mouth of people who pay.

BraveOrakio

May 31, 2020
I'd like to share with you all my favourite part in IWH, over the main game, Onsen and Gravure.
It is this bit of code:
Python:
def get_game_id(pw="1"):
    import random

try:
        import math

dir = config.basedir
        key = prod([ord(char) for char in dir])
        seed = key * int(pw)
        random.seed(seed)
    except:
        pass

n = random.randint(999, 999999999)
    store.persistent.game_id_version = config.version
    return n
For anyone who doesn't know python, this seems complicated. However, all it does is generate an ID using the password given to each Patreon member and the location of where the game is on your hard drive.

Now, this seems like a neat bit of code, right? However, if you look closely, you'll notice that the main logic is in a try/except block. Why? Where would this go wrong? This is because the code in the try block will always error with NameError: name 'prod' is not defined. A half-decent programmer would look at that error and see the problem. An incompetent developer would make the whole thing useless. The latter is exactly what the programmer of this function did.

The fix?
Code:
<         key = prod([ord(char) for char in dir])
---
>         key = math.prod([ord(char) for char in dir])
I did not know you could actually import in a try except clause

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes