• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
There are some errors that I didn't see in the A37 build, but somehow exists in the A38 build public version.
The first one is the Submitted Mitsuko Scene 4 (the thunderstorm one). In the A37 build the scene was complete without any problem, but in the A38 build the choice to go back to bed, as well as the two choices after choosing "Take a walk around the mansion" are red and would show missing error after choosing them.
Second one, the sex scene with Anna in the sauna. It doesn't seem to have a proceeding choice after the part when she hears Eve entering the bathing room, and there is no other choice but to choose another location to exit the scene.
Third, there are also some missing texts in the new Dating Eve scene.
Those are what I currently found, will update after finding anything else.

I think those were resolved between A38 and A39. I added it to my list to double check though just in case.

Reactions: blargballs

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Is there anyway to avoid Gaia? I know you can reject Yami when you first meet her is there a similar option for Gaia?

There are quite a few bugs that I noticed whilst playing the A38 build
When on the date with Eve during the park scene all 3? variations show
After having sex with Anna in the Sauna (I think it was) the scene where Eve mocks her when she is wearing cum stained panties showed which I believe is a scenes triggered by having sex in the laundry room and telling her to where the panties instead of going commando.
Damn sorry I can't quite remember what the other bugs I saw were, I'll post them later if I remember or see them again.

After the phone call with Bruce and he come to the mansion with Sidra, she disappeared? I'm not sure why...

There is a broken tag error in the scene where Misaki is pretending to read in the library
In that instant, you feel the buckle of your pants come free.

Error: cannot find a closing tag for macro <<talk>>
Not anymore, I've caught you now.

One of her hands snakes into your pants, cupping your crotch gently.
There is an incorrect dialogue label when Eve is studying in the library
Player
Busy?

Eve looks surprised when she looks up at you.

Eve
I didn't hear you enter!

She leans back suddenly, slumping as she does so.

Player <-- should be Eve
Do I really have to learn this stuff?

You can see Anna at the edge of your vision. She has some cleaning supplies in one hand as she strides from one cleaning project to the next.

Player
Would you like some help?

Eve seems to perk up a little bit.

Player <-- should be Eve
Really, you'll help?

You say as you move closer to the table. Pulling out the char beside her, you prepare to take a seat.

Eve
I'd like that...

Last edited:
Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Is there anyway to avoid Gaia? I know you can reject Yami when you first meet her is there a similar option for Gaia?

There are quite a few bugs that I noticed whilst playing the A38 build
When on the date with Eve during the park scene all 3? variations show
After having sex with Anna in the Sauna (I think it was) the scene where Eve mocks her when she is wearing cum stained panties showed which I believe is a scenes triggered by having sex in the laundry room and telling her to where the panties instead of going commando.
Damn sorry I can't quite remember what the other bugs I saw were, I'll post them later if I remember or see them again.

After the phone call with Bruce and he come to the mansion with Sidra, she disappeared? I'm not sure why...

There is a broken tag error in the scene where Misaki is pretending to read in the library

There is an incorrect dialogue label when Eve is studying in the library
Most of what you're reporting has been fixed for A39. That said, I always try to go back and look over reports I THINK have been fixed just in case. Thank you for the report.

Gaia can be avoided by not following her event chain at present. She can also be made to avoid the mansion if you lower her relationship stats a little bit. I should probably see about adding a scene where you can fun off Gaia for good. Any particular reason you want to get rid of Gaia? Just don't like her character? Or some other reason?

Sidra not appearing when she's supposed to is an issue we know about and are working on fixing in time for the next build.

Incorrect dialogue in library. You've limited me to about 25k words of content to sift though. If you can tell me a bit more about the scene, that would be a big help in running it down. I know I dealt with a couple of dialogue fixes in that area, but without knowing a bit more it's impossible to know for sure if it's something I've already addressed or not.

The best things any game maker can receive for bug reports (We all love bug reports, they help us make our games better for everyone.) The best bug reports include the following:
1. Who, if anyone, is involved (One or more NPCs? Knowing which character(s) is involved can easily cut the list of thousands of scenes down to a hundred or less.), and where. (Knowing the location of the problem will usually narrow our list of scenes to search through from as much as a hundred in the case of Inheritance, to less than twenty)
2. Some text from the scene in question. (Having an exact phrase or block of text to look for gives us something specific to look for. If we know the who and where, some scene text will usually be able to limit the content we need to search down to 2-4 scenes.)
3. A description of the problem, especially any error text. (Quite often, the error being thrown will tell the creator what is broken, even if it doesn't tell them exactly where. It will often be a big help in zeroing in on a problem.)
4. Screenshots always help. (If I have the first two items, I usually do just fine running something down. But a screen shot will often have most of the above information in a fairly simple reference.

Thank you again for the report. I appreciate it a great deal.

Reactions: Dragonflight

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Gaia can be avoided by not following her event chain at present. She can also be made to avoid the mansion if you lower her relationship stats a little bit. I should probably see about adding a scene where you can fun off Gaia for good. Any particular reason you want to get rid of Gaia? Just don't like her character? Or some other reason?
I'm just not keen on her character she doesn't really interest me, that could change though and I may have a look at her content at a later date but would prefer having the option to avoid her altogether. I completely avoid Yami I really dislike her, she is just a weirdo psycho stalker, who would hire a guard that treats them like shit? No sane person would let someone like that live in their home..
Sidra not appearing when she's supposed to is an issue we know about and are working on fixing in time for the next build.
Good to know, from what little I've seen of her character I'm interested in seeing more content for her though I think it would be better if she was a virgin I could be wrong but isn't only one of the girls a virgin atm (excluding Rey when you transform him) not everyone needs to have been a prior sex slave but that doesn't really matter it's just my opinion.
Speaking of Rey I think you need to add a variable at some point so that he isn't still referred to as male/boy/he after transforming into a girl.
Incorrect dialogue in library. You've limited me to about 25k words of content to sift though. If you can tell me a bit more about the scene, that would be a big help in running it down. I know I dealt with a couple of dialogue fixes in that area, but without knowing a bit more it's impossible to know for sure if it's something I've already addressed or not.
The scene I was refering to in my previous post was the one where Eve is studying in the library and the player can offer to help her study - Eve Interactive Scene 5
The errors are just two incorrectly labeled dialogue lines that are tagged as player when it's Eve speaking.
You can find the errors in 5b and 5c (see below)
Eve Interactive Scene 5b.png Eve Interactive Scene 5c.png
Eve Interactive Scene 5b
Code:
<<talk "player">>Busy?<</talk>>\

Eve looks surprised when she looks up at you.

<<talk "eve">>I didn't hear you enter!<</talk>>\ 

She leans back suddenly, slumping as she does so.

<<talk "player">>Do I really have to learn this stuff?<</talk>>\

<<includeevent setup.events.eveMansionWorkInserts>>\

You take a few steps closer.

<<talk "player">>What are you trying to learn?<</talk>>\

<<talk "eve">>Anna says I need to learn math and literature.  I'm just a slave, so I don't think I'll ever need it, but she insists that I learn anyway.<</talk>>\

[[Offer to help.|Eve Interactive Scene 5c]]
[[Encourage her to continue.|Eve Interactive Scene 5d]]
[[She's just a slave, she's right that she doesn't need to learn this.|Eve Interactive Scene 5e]]
<<addtime { minute : 1 }>>\
Eve Interactive Scene 5c
Code:
<<talk "player">>Your sister is right, it is good to learn.<</talk>>\

You begin, then quickly add.

<<talk "player">>Would you like some help?<</talk>>\

Eve seems to perk up a little bit.

<<talk "player">>Really, you'll help?<</talk>>\

You say as you move closer to the table.  Pulling out the char beside her, you prepare to take a seat.

<<talk "eve">>I'd like that...<</talk>>\ 

Eve grins as you sit down in the chair beside her.

<<includeevent setup.events.eveMansionWorkInserts>>\

It takes Eve a few minutes to show you where she is in her work, but once you know what she's working on and where she's struggling, you start to help her.

About an hour later, Eve looks at you.

<<talk "eve">>That's where Anna wanted me to stop today.  Thank you for your help.<</talk>>\

Reaching over, she wraps her arms around you in a hug that lingers for several seconds.

<<talk "player">>Glad I could help.<</talk>>\

You say, hugging her back before getting up.

[[End.|$location]]
<<set $eve.affection += 2>><<set $eve.trust += 2>>\
<<set $eve.fear -= 2>><<addtime { minute : 53 }>>\

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I'm just not keen on her character she doesn't really interest me, that could change though and I may have a look at her content at a later date but would prefer having the option to avoid her altogether. I completely avoid Yami I really dislike her, she is just a weirdo psycho stalker, who would hire a guard that treats them like shit? No sane person would let someone like that live in their home..

Good to know, from what little I've seen of her character I'm interested in seeing more content for her though I think it would be better if she was a virgin I could be wrong but isn't only one of the girls a virgin atm (excluding Rey when you transform him) not everyone needs to have been a prior sex slave but that doesn't really matter it's just my opinion.
Speaking of Rey I think you need to add a variable at some point so that he isn't still referred to as male/boy/he after transforming into a girl.

The scene I was refering to in my previous post was the one where Eve is studying in the library and the player can offer to help her study - Eve Interactive Scene 5
The errors are just two incorrectly labeled dialogue lines that are tagged as player when it's Eve speaking.
Thank you for the additional information, that actually helps a lot.

Gaia is fun to write for, but she takes a long time to really ease into the story given her nature. I'm adding a little more content to her all the time.

We've actually had that exact conversation about Yami. Her author plans to revise the original intro to be a bit less abrasive. Additionally, once she finally warms up to you, she can be an awkward sweetheart.

Virgins when you first meet them: Eve, Gaia, Rey and Yami. Of those, you can have sex with Eve and Gaia.

We've actually been working on Rey's gender identifiers. I THINK we have most of it resolved in A39, but it's likely that I've missed a couple of places.

Will go chasing those errors you gave me in a little while. Few people give bug reports, and it's precious few that take the time to elaborate when I have questions. <3

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
There is a bug I just noticed whilst playing A39 in the Missing Shirt event after Join her and Cum Outside you get the Option to either Leave her there, Carry her to her bed or Carry her to your bed, two of the choices are mixed up.
Missing shirt event B3b1a2
The Option - Leave her there leads to Carry her to your bed
And the Option - Carry her to your bed leads to Leave her there
Missing shirt event B3b1a2.png
This is the text you get from choosing to Leave her there.
missing shirt 1.png
You take Eve and wrap her in the sheets, you then pick her up and walk out of the door with her.

You take the sleeping Eve with you, into your room and place her in your bed after unfolding her.

After looking at Eve sleeping comfortably on the bed, you lie yourself down next to her.

It doesn't take long before you sleep as well.
Missing shirt event B3b1a2c
Code:
You take Eve and wrap her in the sheets, you then pick her up and walk out of the door with her.

You take the sleeping Eve with you, into your room and place her in your bed after unfolding her.

After looking at Eve sleeping comfortably on the bed, you lie yourself down next to her.

It doesn't take long before you sleep as well.

[[Wake up.|$location]]

''
Submitted by Mathias''
<<addtime { minute : 244 }>>\
And this is the text you get from choosing to Carry her to your bed.
missing shirt 2.png
You get out of bed and put your clothes on, while looking at Eve who is sleeping heavily.

Eve
"Mhnn! I love you Karma."

Her sleep-talking makes you warm inside.

After getting dressed you slowly leave the room making sure that you don't wake Eve.
Missing shirt event B3b1a2a
Code:
You get out of bed and put your clothes on, while looking at Eve who is sleeping heavily.

<<talk "eve">>Mhnn! I love you <<print $eve.callsPlayer>>.<</talk>>\

Her sleep-talking makes you warm inside.

After getting dressed you slowly leave the room making sure that you don't wake Eve.

[[Continue.|servant area]]

''Submitted by Mathias''
<<addtime { minute : 4 }>>\

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I got two errors whilst playing A39 earlier today.

This first error occurred when entering the mansions greenhouse in the backyard.
greenhouse.png
Code:
<<description>>
    The greenhouse is a mix of stonework and glass panels.  The walls rise maybe fifteen feet tall on the sides, then continue up to a peak above that.

At both ends of the building are a large double doors with large oval windows dominating the top half of the ornate doors.

The room has long rows of planters running its length, capable of containing any manner of plants one might want to grow within the spacious greenhouse.

You have @@.a1;<<= $greenhouse.structure.storage.fertilizer.cheap.quantity>>@@ cheap fertilizers, @@.a2;<<= $greenhouse.structure.storage.fertilizer.normal.quantity>>@@ average fertilizers and @@.a3;<<= $greenhouse.structure.storage.fertilizer.good.quantity>>@@ good quality fertilizers left.

About seeds, you have @@.a1;<<= $greenhouse.structure.storage.potatoesSeeds.quantity>>@@ potatoes seeds, @@.a2;<<= $greenhouse.structure.storage.tomatoesSeeds.quantity>>@@ tomatoes seeds and @@.a3;<<= $greenhouse.structure.storage.wolfsbaneSeeds.quantity>>@@ wolfsbane seeds left.

<<for _i, _planters range $greenhouse.structure.planters>>\
        <<capture _i>>
            <<link "See the planter <<= $greenhouse.structure.planters[_i].slot>>" "greenhousePlanters">>
                <<set
                    $pi = _i
                >>
            <</link>>
        <</capture>>
    <</for>>\
<</description>>
The second error happened during a Misaki scene that triggers in the master bedroom
error popup.png
Misaki Interactive Scene 1b
Code:
<<talk "player">>Oh my, what an enticing sight.<</talk>>\ 

You say, feeling a little playful. 

Misaki isn't able to suppress her smile.

<<talk "misaki">>Master, nothing would please me more then being able to please you.<</talk>>\ 

With her fingers, she parts her labia, revealing her perfect hole to your view.

<<talk "misaki">>I belong to you, my body is yours to use as you please.<</talk>>\

There's a happy look on her face as you start to undress.  Once the last of your clothing has hit the floor, you climb onto the bed.

You can see Misaki's chest rising and falling with excitement even before you touch her.

Clearly excited, she backs away from you, falling onto the bed with a giggle.  Without hesitation, you crawl onto the bed with her.

<<link "MatingPress">><<gotoevent setup.events.misakiSexMatingPress>><</link>>
<<addtime { minute : 4 }>>

<<set $misaki.affection += 1>><<set $misaki.fear -= 1>><<addtime { minute : 2 }>>\
During the scene if you choose to have sex with her you get an error popup when trying to continue the event by selecting matingpress.
This page says
Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: <<gotoevent>>: events value must be an Array (type: undefined).

Stack Trace:
Error: <<gotoevent>>: events value must be an Array (type: undefined)
at Function.value (file:///D:/Games/Inheritance_A39b_CHEAT/Inh%20A39b%20Cheat.html:132468:12767)
at HTMLAnchorElement <anonymous> (file:///D:/Games/Inheritance_A39b_CHEAT/Inh%20A39b%20Cheat.html:132470:2061)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build of Inheritance is up!

\

What's new in the latest Supporter Build?

A40
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What's in the latest Public Build?

A39
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

\

Join us on Discord!

\

The public build is always free. Give it a look, and if you enjoy it, please consider a small pledge to help support further development of this game.

Links:
A40 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with Early Access):

A40 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A39b Public Build: (Free):

protoman2106

May 4, 2019
1587205444802.png

I tried to load one of my old save from A38 to A39 but the scene with Anna in the sauna still hasn't been fixed, as there is still no button to continue the scene. Is it because of the save or of the version core? Does this mean I need to replay the whole game again from the beginning?

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
There seems to be a bug in the event where you meet Rey on the forest trail. The text seems to have "$rey." spammed in multiple times.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
View attachment 623866

I tried to load one of my old save from A38 to A39 but the scene with Anna in the sauna still hasn't been fixed, as there is still no button to continue the scene. Is it because of the save or of the version core? Does this mean I need to replay the whole game again from the beginning?
I THINK that's been fixed in A40, but I just put it on my bug list so I'll double check it next time I go bug hunting. Missing link would be a problem on my end, nothing wrong with your save.

There seems to be a bug in the event where you meet Rey on the forest trail. The text seems to have "$rey." spammed in multiple times.
Which version are you working with? Free version? I know I fixed that bug in a few places, but I'll double check that scene to make sure it didn't slip through the cracks.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
It was A39. I don't know if A40 does that or not yet.
Thank you. Knowing which version someone is playing helps, a lot of the time I can just compare the code between the two to find the differences and it makes finding changes made easier to locate. If I don't see changes, then I know I need to fix it. :p

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
Thank you. Knowing which version someone is playing helps, a lot of the time I can just compare the code between the two to find the differences and it makes finding changes made easier to locate. If I don't see changes, then I know I need to fix it. :p
Ok, just tried the same scene in A40 and looks like the issue is gone.

XoeSara

Aug 11, 2018
Error occurred after breakfast with all current servants eating with me. Anna, Eve, and Mitsuko

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 19 Votes