A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
That reminds me of my theory: Eve can see "The Fourth Wall" and she knows that she is a character in a erotic game. Maybe, one day, she will even be able to "break" "the fourth wall". I mean, her infinite energy, her extreme cuteness and her contagious optimism and contagious good mood are too much for one universe to contain. Her energy and cuteness can't be defined or limited by the laws of physics. Her energy and cuteness breaks all laws of time and space. The laws of phisics and time and space can't be applied on her or affect her. She is inside and outside, above and below, behind and in front of reality. She is everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
> "Inside and outside, above and below, behind and in front of reality"
> Is this... Metaphysical Kamasutra?

Sep 4, 2017
> "Inside and outside, above and below, behind and in front of reality"
> Is this... Metaphysical Kamasutra?
No. I am just saying that she is just like her father.
If I understand The Mythos correctly, Gatekeeper... I MEAN, Yog-Sothoth exists at all places in all dimensions and realities in all times (past, present, future). He can control and manipulate time and space and the reality. He is omniscient, omnipresent. He is locked outside the universe, but he can see everything in time and space and he knows everything. He knows all your secrets. He is non-corporeal, which mean that he doesn't have physical material body or form. He can manifest at any place and time in various forms.
So, Eve can be form that he takes in that world. Or she can be his creation. He once created a son with a human female. Son, that was half Outer-God, half human. His name was Wilbur Whateley. So, if she is daughter of Outer God, it must manifest on her somehow. Wildbur went from child to adult man, faster than a normal human. When he died, it was revealed that there were some things on body, that were different from normal human body (fur and scales on certain parts of body, additional eyes on hips, etc). His body melted, leaving no evidence.
So, if Eve is creation of Yog-Sothoth, but she doesn't have any non-human things in her anatomy, then she must have some supernatural powers. Therefore, it is possible that Eve can either travel through time and space, manipulate reality or be omnipresent and omniscient. And since there is no evidence that she is time-traveling between dimensions, or that she is changing reality, I think that the third option is the most possible one. I mean, sometimes it seems like she is everywhere in in the mansion. No matter where I go, she is there. And I am pretty sure that she knows a lot of secrets that she doesn't says. She knows things that she shouldn't know. She knows more about the secrets of the mansion and the secrets of the characters in the game than any other of the characters, even more than Anna and MC.
And if she is omnipresent, that means she must exist everywhere in the reality and everywhere outside of the reality.
You know what they say, "Like father, like daughter".

But nevermind all that nonsense, it's already midnight where I live, so it's time for this robot to shut down himself for tonight and start rechaging his battery. Good night/day/whatever.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
No. I am just saying that she is just like her father.
If I understand The Mythos correctly, Gatekeeper... I MEAN, Yog-Sothoth exists at all places in all dimensions and realities in all times (past, present, future). He can control and manipulate time and space and the reality. He is omniscient, omnipresent. He is locked outside the universe, but he can see everything in time and space and he knows everything. He knows all your secrets. He is non-corporeal, which mean that he doesn't have physical material body or form. He can manifest at any place and time in various forms.
So, Eve can be form that he takes in that world. Or she can be his creation. He once created a son with a human female. Son, that was half Outer-God, half human. His name was Wilbur Whateley. So, if she is daughter of Outer God, it must manifest on her somehow. Wildbur went from child to adult man, faster than a normal human. When he died, it was revealed that there were some things on body, that were different from normal human body (fur and scales on certain parts of body, additional eyes on hips, etc). His body melted, leaving no evidence.
So, if Eve is creation of Yog-Sothoth, but she doesn't have any non-human things in her anatomy, then she must have some supernatural powers. Therefore, it is possible that Eve can either travel through time and space, manipulate reality or be omnipresent and omniscient. And since there is no evidence that she is time-traveling between dimensions, or that she is changing reality, I think that the third option is the most possible one. I mean, sometimes it seems like she is everywhere in in the mansion. No matter where I go, she is there. And I am pretty sure that she knows a lot of secrets that she doesn't says. She knows things that she shouldn't know. She knows more about the secrets of the mansion and the secrets of the characters in the game than any other of the characters, even more than Anna and MC.
And if she is omnipresent, that means she must exist everywhere in the reality and everywhere outside of the reality.
You know what they say, "Like father, like daughter".

But nevermind all that nonsense, it's already midnight where I live, so it's time for this robot to shut down himself for tonight and start rechaging his battery. Good night/day/whatever.
Alright, I'm officially worried. You didn't really deny the possibility of metaphysical kamasutra, just mentioned the obvious point that best girl is best girl, even pointed out something that only increases her good-girl points. ALL HAIL BEST GIRL!

Sep 4, 2017
Alright, I'm officially worried. You didn't really deny the possibility of metaphysical kamasutra, just mentioned the obvious point that best girl is best girl, even pointed out something that only increases her good-girl points. ALL HAIL BEST GIRL!
"Metaphisical kamasutra" (whatever is that supposed to be) isn't important. What is important is what I am trying to say.
I am just trying to say that Eve knows that she is in a game. And if she knows that she is a character in a game, then, it is possible that she can manipulate with the game and the game events. And if you make her angry, she will break through reality, she will came out of the game and out of your pc and she will punish you. And if you know Lovecraft's books, then you should know about all these horrible nightmarish things that happened to those who have become victims of the wrath of Lovecraftian deities or their heralds and harbingers.
So, remember, DON'T MAKE HER ANGRY! Always do anything that she tells you to do! If she will tell you to summon evil entities from another dimension and do an evil ritual with human sacriface in the name of her father, DO IT! if she tells you to sacriface the life or sanity somebody or something that you love, your friends, your family, your pets (if you have any) or even yourself, DO IT!

ALL HAIL BEST GIRL!
I agree with you that Eve is Best Girl, but you are saying it wrong. It's "ALL HAIL EVE, DAUGHTER OF THE GREAT YOG-SOTHOTH, HERALD OF HIS WILL, HARBINGER OF HIS ARRIVAL AND THE BEST GIRL!".

But, on the other hand, maybe you shouldn't pay attention to all that nonsense that I am saying. After all, the word "Mad" in my username actually means "Insane", "Crazy".

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
"Metaphisical kamasutra" (whatever is that supposed to be) isn't important. What is important is what I am trying to say.
I am just trying to say that Eve knows that she is in a game. And if she knows that she is a character in a game, then, it is possible that she can manipulate with the game and the game events. And if you make her angry, she will break through reality, she will came out of the game and out of your pc and she will punish you. And if you know Lovecraft's books, then you should know about all these horrible nightmarish things that happened to those who have become victims of the wrath of Lovecraftian deities or their heralds and harbingers.
So, remember, DON'T MAKE HER ANGRY! Always do anything that she tells you to do! If she will tell you to summon evil entities from another dimension and do an evil ritual with human sacriface in the name of her father, DO IT! if she tells you to sacriface the life or sanity somebody or something that you love, your friends, your family, your pets (if you have any) or even yourself, DO IT!

I agree with you that Eve is Best Girl, but you are saying it wrong. It's "ALL HAIL EVE, DAUGHTER OF THE GREAT YOG-SOTHOTH, HERALD OF HIS WILL, HARBINGER OF HIS ARRIVAL AND THE BEST GIRL!".

But, on the other hand, maybe you shouldn't pay attention to all that nonsense that I am saying. After all, the word "Mad" in my username actually means "Insane", "Crazy".
Three things I feel like I need to mention:
1. Metaphysical Kamasutra is a simplistic way to say "Fucking with reality without giving a single fuck about the rules"
2. One would need to be an absolute retard (or a madlad to rival RNGesus himself) to make Eve angry.
3. Do I seem to care about the "mad" in your name, toaster? I'm a very common crab and as such I'm free of any obligation regarding the titles of other beings.

Finally: Being a best girl is something that comes above everything else, above even if the person is the holy savior or harbinger of chaos. I'll hail the best girl the way I see fit and I'll do some handholding cuz I'm fucking free to do so.

Sep 4, 2017
1. Metaphysical Kamasutra is a simplistic way to say "Fucking with reality without giving a single fuck about the rules"
2. One would need to be an absolute retard (or a madlad to rival RNGesus himself) to make Eve angry.
3. Do I seem to care about the "mad" in your name, toaster? I'm a very common crab and as such I'm free of any obligation regarding the titles of other beings.

Finally: Being a best girl is something that comes above everything else, above even if the person is the holy savior or harbinger of chaos. I'll hail the best girl the way I see fit and I'll do some handholding cuz I'm fucking free to do so.
OK, sorry.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
In a random day (in which the godforsaken rain keeps stopping every fucking time I try to get drenched in it):

I'm walking in and out of every single room with an undying determination (reference totally not intended but hey, if it works it works!) and I see myself getting interrupted by Anna, a very confused Anna.

"Master... What are you doing?" - She asks, just to receive the worst answer I could get (actually, it'd be quite the lie to say that I even thought about what to answer) "I'm just trying to trigger any event that may be hidden here."

. . .
. . .
OH NO

> [Insert the meme with Zuckeberg sweating here]
> I NEED TO CORRECT MYSELF FAST!

> "wHAt iF ReAlITy iS a GAmE?"
> CRAP, EVEN WORSE

Anna silently leaves and I wonder how bad her view of me is... Well, I wont complain that means that she will be able to relax more.
Now that is a truly beautiful moment.

Will the eve virginity flag fixes make the events where she comes to you for sex work? Been playing v24 and have yet to see any of them.
Fixes were made coming into the A25 build. The A24 build was not changed retroactively.

That reminds me of my theory: Eve can see "The Fourth Wall" and she knows that she is a character in a erotic game. Maybe, one day, she will even be able to "break" "the fourth wall". I mean, her infinite energy, her extreme cuteness and her contagious optimism and contagious good mood are too much for one universe to contain. Her energy and cuteness can't be defined or limited by the laws of physics. Her energy and cuteness breaks all laws of time and space. The laws of phisics and time and space can't be applied on her or affect her. She is inside and outside, above and below, behind and in front of reality at the same time. She is everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
Want her to break the fourth wall? Have her call you GateKeeper then talk with her for a bit. She will not only break the fourth wall, but she will abuse it's very existence.

Reactions: A Common Crab

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017

I desperately want to write a scene where Eve wants to hold your hand after that last bit, . . .

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
Now that is a truly beautiful moment.

Fixes were made coming into the A25 build. The A24 build was not changed retroactively.

Want her to break the fourth wall? Have her call you GateKeeper then talk with her for a bit. She will not only break the fourth wall, but she will abuse it's very existence.
Well then, it's time to put shit into work!

EDIT: I don't think it is unrelated but, somefuckinghow, I managed to trigger the event where Eve asks "Is there something wrong with me?". I was expecting some punches into mah gut but... Not like that. I was expecting Lovecraftian Horror, not fucking feels. Welp, not complainin'

Reactions: GateKeeper

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
> Bored, decided to go duel my enemy, the washing machine!
> A fuckton of socks with the usual amount of clothes, I wonder if the math adds up.
> Generous.jpeg
> Anna appears while I'm taking the clothes out of the machine.
> "If you'd like..." She says, blushing.
> hm?.jpeg
> She proceeds to remove her panties and I realize what's on my hand, the dots connected...
> She gives me her panties.
> I turn to face the machine...
> I, for one, welcome our machine overlords.

Faulty Dreams

May 19, 2017
I have a question not all related to the game, do the creator use a html engine to make the game? I have seen that kind of menu on other games and since i have been working in a game of my own, im looking for a way to make an adventure game for newbis.

Also, i really like your game man, you are one of my inspirations to actually try to complete my game.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
I have a question not all related to the game, do the creator use a html engine to make the game? I have seen that kind of menu on other games and since i have been working in a game of my own, im looking for a way to make an adventure game for newbis.

Also, i really like your game man, you are one of my inspirations to actually try to complete my game.
Hey man, if you want someone with too much free time to play your game and tell you things that are lacking, just call me xD
I can't say I'm the best for it but hey, those who don't jump on the opportunity isn't going to get anywhere

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018

It looks to have been made in using the story format.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017

There are three programs that use a very similar format for html games. Twine (Outdated). Twine 2 (The new one) and Twee (The more complex one.)

For most of my projects, I use Twine/Twine 2 because they are simpler formats to work with. For Inheritance, I've been using Twee instead because we're doing a lot of complex things with the code, and it helps to compartmentalize everything for ease of access.

If you are interested in trying your own project, I would recommend trying Twine 2 with the Sugarcube 2 format. Twine is one of those programs where the basics are pretty easy to learn, but the complecated stuff can take a little more work. Luckly, Twine has a REALLY great community of people who are usually happy to help out when you have questions. And Sugarcube 2 has some fairly good guides that might help as well.

Twine:

Sugarcube 2:

Happy that I can bring you some inspiration, I'll keep my eyes pealed for any project you might create!

It looks to have been made in using the story format.
And if I'd have read all the messages instead of replying as I go, . . . I wouldn't have had to look up the links. :oops:

Reactions: Hones

ktron

May 6, 2017
Also mentioned this on Patreon but maybe somebody here has some insight as well:
I don't think Eve's virginity checks are working as intended in A25. I never saw any "virginity" content firing at all, and when I finally decided to "initiate sex" it gave no indication that she was a virgin--but she should have been. Then I started a fresh new game, and immediately initiated sex with Eve and again, no indication she was a virgin. I dug a little into the code so it looks like there SHOULD be a different set of text firing, but it doesn't. (I also saw what looks like at least two different variables that are tracking virginity, I don't know if one is a remnant of an older system or what. Trying to dig through a big Twine project without knowing exactly what you're looking for is a nightmare, so I stopped there and just figured I'd report it.)

I would also like to mention that this is a very good, ambitious game and is currently one of only two NSFW games that I support on Patreon. I recommend it. It feels a little light at times with lots of repeated events, but there is noticeable growth on a very regular basis. Thumbs up.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Also mentioned this on Patreon but maybe somebody here has some insight as well:
I don't think Eve's virginity checks are working as intended in A25. I never saw any "virginity" content firing at all, and when I finally decided to "initiate sex" it gave no indication that she was a virgin--but she should have been. Then I started a fresh new game, and immediately initiated sex with Eve and again, no indication she was a virgin. I dug a little into the code so it looks like there SHOULD be a different set of text firing, but it doesn't. (I also saw what looks like at least two different variables that are tracking virginity, I don't know if one is a remnant of an older system or what. Trying to dig through a big Twine project without knowing exactly what you're looking for is a nightmare, so I stopped there and just figured I'd report it.)

I would also like to mention that this is a very good, ambitious game and is currently one of only two NSFW games that I support on Patreon. I recommend it. It feels a little light at times with lots of repeated events, but there is noticeable growth on a very regular basis. Thumbs up.
Actually just finished replying to this on Patreon. ;)

The short version:
All of the code is in place for Virginity, but there's not currently any deflowering text in the bedroom sex content. I had actually mistakenly thought I'd already added that, but it's not there, and it was still on my to-do list. I moved it up on the list in the hopes of getting it into the next build or two.

There actually are three different ways that the game tracks her virginity: 1. Does she have a hymen. This allows for deflowering scenes. 2. Is she a virgin. This is independent of the hymen because we eventually intend to allow the hymen to be restored and taken again. 3. Her romance path, whether you made the taking of her virginity something special, or if it was just raw sex.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm always happy to know people are enjoying my projects and that it is appreciated. I spend a lot of time working on Inheritance, . . . .if only there were a couple more of me who could write full time as well!

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018

The short version:
All of the code is in place for Virginity, but there's not currently any deflowering text in the bedroom sex content. I had actually mistakenly thought I'd already added that, but it's not there, and it was still on my to-do list. I moved it up on the list in the hopes of getting it into the next build or two.

There actually are three different ways that the game tracks her virginity: 1. Does she have a hymen. This allows for deflowering scenes. 2. Is she a virgin. This is independent of the hymen because we eventually intend to allow the hymen to be restored and taken again. 3. Her romance path, whether you made the taking of her virginity something special, or if it was just raw sex.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm always happy to know people are enjoying my projects and that it is appreciated. I spend a lot of time working on Inheritance, . . . .if only there were a couple more of me who could write full time as well!
More of you who could write full time? Wouldn't that fuck up the balance on the cosmos? I don't think whatever is out there would enjoy seeing a world with too many good games...

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
More of you who could write full time? Wouldn't that fuck up the balance on the cosmos? I don't think whatever is out there would enjoy seeing a world with too many good games...
Well, lacking a few clones to pull up the slack, here's hoping I some day earn enough to hire on a couple of competent writers to help out. ;)

Faulty Dreams

May 19, 2017

The short version:

Thanks a lot for the response man, what you just recommended is exactly what i needed to start developing. My experience with the engine and coding is almost nonexistent so i may take a while to get used to it but i can’t complain, i just have to get to work.

I hope one day i will be able to share my work in this site.

Keep the good work and thanks once again.

Hey man, if you want someone with too much free time to play your game and tell you things that are lacking, just call me xD
I can't say I'm the best for it but hey, those who don't jump on the opportunity isn't going to get anywhere
I hope to get a review from you when i have something substantial to publish a demo, but don’t expect it soon! Still i will give it all i got.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Thanks a lot for the response man, what you just recommended is exactly what i needed to start developing. My experience with the engine and coding is almost nonexistent so i may take a while to get used to it but i can’t complain, i just have to get to work.

I hope one day i will be able to share my work in this site.

Keep the good work and thanks once again.

I hope to get a review from you when i have something substantial to publish a demo, but don’t expect it soon! Still i will give it all i got.
Only other thing I would suggest is to try making your first game fairly small. That will give you a way to learn without the complexity of a larger project. A lot of creators (Myself included) end up try to make something that is fairly ambitious from the start and it can get fairly overwhelming when you're just learning. The code for my first game was a trainwreck because I had all these ambitious ideas and not a clue how to do it mechanically. Think of your first project as a short story, a way to learn the basics before you tackle your epic. ;)

Another good resource is the Twinery Discord, several of the people who helped (And continue to help) me learn code are regulars there, and are very helpful when learning.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes