GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I'll say it just once: Comedy is required to claim perfection, whether by using it to keep our morale high or by laughing at what went wrong and at whoever dares to stand in our path. A world without comedy is one that died a long time ago, a soul that can't joke around isn't more than a mere shadow of something alive and, lastly but not least, how are we supposed to point out how fucked our world is and still keep going forward without comedy? How are we supposed to understand reality and not crumble under its pressure without comedy?

Are we here just to suffer, perhaps? Well, I don't fucking care and I don't plan on caring. I'll live the way I find to be convenient and the gods be damned.
Well said. We laugh, we cry, and we persevere. I always felt that we need the dark in life to truly appreciate the light. And people who don't know how to laugh rarely know how to truly live.

Reactions: A Common Crab
Sep 4, 2017
No. NO. YOU WON'T STEAL THAT FROM ME, LOVECRAFTIAN BEING WHO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE COOL TO BREAK SHIT, TO BREAK MY SHIT!
Hey, don't talk like this about Lovecraftian Beings. The creator of this game is a Lovecraftian Being and grandfather of Cthulhu. And HE knows the gate. HE is the gate. HE is the key and the guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in HIM. HE knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. HE knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.

D

Deleted member 51206

So i picked up your game again, and it is brimming with content! i love all the diaries strewn around. a few things: i have noticed quite a few minor spelling errors, i read a "med" somewhere in the first few diaries about Belle. Also seemingly none (though i only encountered 2) random events about Misaki have no end, so i have to use the navigation to get back to the mansion, as well as her second "personal" talk giving me an error: "
Error: no event was available (no matching events found)
You should not be seeing this, so please inform the developers. Include as much information as you can about what you were doing when you received this message."

Reactions: GateKeeper
Jun 18, 2017
Their second scene should appear between 6am and 4pm in the Entry Hall.
I hate to keep bringing this up but is there some kind of prerequisite that I need to fulfill? I have never been able to hire Rey in any version of the game and im wondering what exactly I am missing. I do the interview event triggered via the computer and hire them (even letting them hug me which was nice...)
but they never show up. at this point I spend the entire next day moving into and out of the entry hall from 6 10 am to 405 pm but they never showed. the option to hire them and interview them also still exists in my computer.

D

Deleted member 51206

"Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#1): State.variables.npcs.Mitsuko is undefined "
after asking her if she needs help in the kitchen.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
So i picked up your game again, and it is brimming with content! i love all the diaries strewn around. a few things: i have noticed quite a few minor spelling errors, i read a "med" somewhere in the first few diaries about Belle. Also seemingly none (though i only encountered 2) random events about Misaki have no end, so i have to use the navigation to get back to the mansion, as well as her second "personal" talk giving me an error: "
Error: no event was available (no matching events found)
You should not be seeing this, so please inform the developers. Include as much information as you can about what you were doing when you received this message."
The spelling errors are left intentionally in the diaries. I've done that as a sort of reflection of their author's writing rather than treating them as mistakes.

No exits for Misaki's events? Any chance you can tell me which ones (Just the first sentence or two of the page without the link goes a long way toward finding pieces of content, after all the game is getting pretty big, it takes time to find things, especially when I don't have a lot of context to go on.)

Misaki doesn't have any talk functions in place yet. Are you sure you aren't talking about Mitsuko? (I'm guessing you are on the grounds that we actually fixed a gap in both her personal and casual talk options coming in to A25.

I hate to keep bringing this up but is there some kind of prerequisite that I need to fulfill? I have never been able to hire Rey in any version of the game and im wondering what exactly I am missing. I do the interview event triggered via the computer and hire them (even letting them hug me which was nice...)
but they never show up. at this point I spend the entire next day moving into and out of the entry hall from 6 10 am to 405 pm but they never showed. the option to hire them and interview them also still exists in my computer.
I will look into this one in just a little bit. (Top priority coming into today.) I know several people have seen Rey and have been talking about him, but I've received a couple of messages about him not showing up about their interview now, . . . so there's obviously something quirky related to his code.

"Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#1): State.variables.npcs.Mitsuko is undefined "
after asking her if she needs help in the kitchen.
This one was fixed this last week and the fix appears in the A25 build. Thank you for taking the time to report it though.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
I will look into this one in just a little bit. (Top priority coming into today.) I know several people have seen Rey and have been talking about him, but I've received a couple of messages about him not showing up about their interview now, . . . so there's obviously something quirky related to his code.
About that, I didn't get the scene where he appears on the entry hall, only the one that comes with eavesdropping on the room.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
About that, I didn't get the scene where he appears on the entry hall, only the one that comes with eavesdropping on the room.
Actually, I just fixed that one yesterday before the A25 release!

Just digging into the code now to see if there's a quirk somewhere that could hang up some of his content. And on a side note, I've actually got one new scene for him that I need to get into the game still too. So more Rey come A26.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
Actually, I just fixed that one yesterday before the A25 release!

Just digging into the code now to see if there's a quirk somewhere that could hang up some of his content. And on a side note, I've actually got one new scene for him that I need to get into the game still too. So more Rey come A26.
[ ]

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Nice - I always like going to opposite route of breaking or corrupting somebody :)
Hah, same here. Not only is it going against what the devs likely intended to be the main route, it's also so much more satisfying because more challenging - and also because I'd rather have the girl(s) actually be happy without breaking anyone's mind.

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Hah, same here. Not only is it going against what the devs likely intended to be the main route, it's also so much more satisfying because more challenging - and also because I'd rather have the girl(s) actually be happy without breaking anyone's mind.
I know Gate made all routes possible on purpose, there is no forced route & the content / reactions of the girls vary depending on how you treat them.

And yes I went the good guy route as well ;)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I know Gate made all routes possible on purpose, there is no forced route & the content / reactions of the girls vary depending on how you treat them.

And yes I went the good guy route as well ;)
That's the goal. As of right now, probably 80% of the game's content is mid/high relationship stuff, but the end goal is to have content for any play style.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
is there g/g where i sit back and enjoy my show when manly consuming milk and cookies while wearing sunglasses at night because fireplace is too bright ?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
is there g/g where i sit back and enjoy my show when manly consuming milk and cookies while wearing sunglasses at night because fireplace is too bright ?
Not in the game yet, . . . . though I do feel a very faint urge to write it now.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
In a random day (in which the godforsaken rain keeps stopping every fucking time I try to get drenched in it):

I'm walking in and out of every single room with an undying determination (reference totally not intended but hey, if it works it works!) and I see myself getting interrupted by Anna, a very confused Anna.

"Master... What are you doing?" - She asks, just to receive the worst answer I could get (actually, it'd be quite the lie to say that I even thought about what to answer) "I'm just trying to trigger any event that may be hidden here."

. . .
. . .
OH NO

> [Insert the meme with Zuckeberg sweating here]
> I NEED TO CORRECT MYSELF FAST!

> "wHAt iF ReAlITy iS a GAmE?"
> CRAP, EVEN WORSE

Anna silently leaves and I wonder how bad her view of me is... Well, I wont complain that means that she will be able to relax more.

Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
Will the eve virginity flag fixes make the events where she comes to you for sex work? Been playing v24 and have yet to see any of them.

Sep 4, 2017
> "wHAt iF ReAlITy iS a GAmE?"
That reminds me of my theory: Eve can see "The Fourth Wall" and she knows that she is a character in a erotic game. Maybe, one day, she will even be able to "break" "the fourth wall". I mean, her infinite energy, her extreme cuteness and her contagious optimism and contagious good mood are too much for one universe to contain. Her energy and cuteness can't be defined or limited by the laws of physics. Her energy and cuteness breaks all laws of time and space. The laws of phisics and time and space can't be applied on her or affect her. She is inside and outside, above and below, behind and in front of reality at the same time. She is everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes