Southrim

Jun 6, 2017
oh yo, I didn't know this game was getting a FeMC, that's hype.
Yay, another major feature to have incomplete development for the next decade! Toss it on the pile with the 300 or so others.

Is any it the case that any event not listed on the wiki is basically utterly lost to obscurity? There's no in-game method to know how to trigger them, just completely impossible?
Technically, you can read any event in the HTML file, just load it into a text editor like Notepad++, and it'll provide at least hints on what you can find and what the triggers might be. But yes, conservatively at least 80% of game content has no visible path to it, you just have to luck across the correct triggers with smiling RNGods. Nothing's going to tell you that if you chat with Venus 99 times, she might be marginally less of a jerk in 1/10th of future interactions, and if you keep plugging away at her dialogue options she might even be dateable and carry your child. And she'll still have mostly the same dialogue after you bend her over the counter and pump her full of baby batter as she did when you first walked in the door.

For what it's worth, every time there was a poll when I Patreon'd the game I voted for wiki time, but that was always the least or almost least popular option.

As a very very long term player of this I feel the need to reply to you primarily because I both agree and disagree strongly with your post.
To respond to someone who responded to me over a year ago (I only copied the first line, but I do think anyone reading this comment should read that comment, and I apologize for not replying earlier), I suppose the primary problem with the RNG and events in this game is that there's nothing for the Player to do except trigger them - the entire game is triggers. It's not like an RPG where I'm going to the next quest and I came across a Thalmor patrol (not least because all elements in that particular game exist independent of the player, that patrol is going in circles until you come across it). I go to the library, read the books, and why would I go back there again EXCEPT to look for an event to trigger? "Oh, it's after 10pm, maybe one of the girls fell asleep in there, let me reload it 50 times and see if something happens." There's no combat, precious few minigames (which are also all RNG, because nothing says Pool like randomization), no real use for stat building (unless there is now? Should I be hitting the gym?), no stat maintenance, etc. There are a few multistage events like caring for plants, and some things to do if you're roleplaying hard like job shifts and taking a shower, but absolutely nothing says "time to pay the electric bill" or "you're stinky", and for the most part the gameplay is extremely broad, extremely shallow, and extremely opaque. I don't need A goal or A plot, I have 9999 hours marked in the Sims and SimCity, but there does need to be progression and attainment outside of relationship progression that is strongly dependent on triggers and hidden counters.

I do agree that the RNG triggers need to be rebalanced, and appreciate that there should be a difference in frequency between "see major character on the bridge" and "have an impromptu romantic dance." I would add that time scaling also needs to change considerably, and by that I mean the game should have 5 minutes as an absolute floor for events, and many, many more should be taking time in much larger increments than they do. When the game has events playing out over both years (minimum 1 year for marriage) and 1 minute corridor walks, something needs to be less realistic to be more playable.

BREAK

Separate from the above, if I may make a concrete content suggestion that might not require 10000 edits to implement, just having untripped flags noted on characters for their given stat levels would be extremely helpful. What I mean is, in addition to/instead of Trimming Nails as a top view character option, there was a page called Flags or something that said "For current relationship and skill stats, the following events are available". If it showed triggering conditions, even better. It could be cleaned up or in HTML language.

And I want to be clear that although I'm being very critical, I do love this game, especially the writing. I just want to see it outside of Notepad! I've been playing off and on since A43, I want to believe!

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New Inheritance build is live!

The public build is always free. Give it a look, and if you enjoy it, please consider a small pledge to help support further development of this game.

Links:
A83 Cheat Build (Includes Cheat Menu. Supporters Only Build. Early Access.

A83 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A82 Public Build (Free Build.):

Noxissa

Jul 29, 2017
When Misaki is a herm and you give her permission to do whatever, what does she actually do? I haven't come across a single scene. Anyone know what her scenes are and the triggers? Can I stumble on her and Anna?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
When Misaki is a herm and you give her permission to do whatever, what does she actually do? I haven't come across a single scene. Anyone know what her scenes are and the triggers? Can I stumble on her and Anna?
Not much yet. I know there's a scene with Rey if you let her do what she wants, and I'm actually working on a scene right now with Eve that will be affected by that option, but so far we haven't gotten around to writing much content related to that.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Not much yet. I know there's a scene with Rey if you let her do what she wants, and I'm actually working on a scene right now with Eve that will be affected by that option, but so far we haven't gotten around to writing much content related to that.
Do you have any comments on the core gameplay loop? Are you satisfied with how it works right now in terms of randomly bumping into events and no way to directly access them?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Do you have any comments on the core gameplay loop? Are you satisfied with how it works right now in terms of randomly bumping into events and no way to directly access them?
I like the random element to it. There has been talk among some of our helpers about doing a gallery of sorts that can allow players to repeat scenes they've played before at will, but no one has taken an active role in making it happen yet.

I don't particularly like the idea of giving players a way to force events to trigger at will, the randomness is part of what makes the setting feel lived in rather than played, . . . if that makes sense? That said, I also like the idea of having a gallery that's accessible at will. Something that would let the player experience scenes again at will without disrupting the flow of the game.

• Angry
Reactions: DemonLord98

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build is live!

The public build is always free. Give it a look, and if you enjoy it, please consider a small pledge to help support further development of this game.

Links:
A84 Cheat Build (Includes Cheat Menu. Supporters Only Build. Early Access.

A84 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A83a Public Build (Free Build.):

Umbra_2079

Feb 23, 2023
How much content is there for that chastity cage? The maid put it on me and then teased me lightly about it a few times. Should I be looking for more?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
How much content is there for that chastity cage? The maid put it on me and then teased me lightly about it a few times. Should I be looking for more?
At present, there are probably 15-20 scenes specific to it, as well as some flavor text in some sex scenes.

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
i cheated and auto impreg but nothing happening is the pregnany system not in yet

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
i cheated and auto impreg but nothing happening is the pregnany system not in yet
Who did you try to impregnate?
Because I think at the moment, the only characters who can be impregnated are Anna, Eva and Mitsuko. And it can take several weeks for pregnancy to show.

RoseWulfLea

Jul 1, 2020
Honestly, it looks like we need more finished content, and less new content. I haven't played in like a couple of years, and while it looks like there is a BUNCH of new stuff, lots of the old (rey tf for example) hasn't been rounded out despite being there for the start. The game has ALOT of bloat from new content being added. I wanted to experience the game in as full a capacity as possible, but if I want ANY idea past what I see in the changelogs (That get to be alot, I really want to clarify, the authors do work, alot of work, it just feels to be on things that should have lower priority to already existing content that needs fleshing out) I need to basically spoil a game that I've been waiting to touch again for the last couple of years.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build is live!

Links:
A85 Cheat Build (Includes Cheat Menu. Supporters Only Build. Early Access.

A85 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A84 Public Build (Free Build.):

Reactions: Hacheman
3.30 star(s) 19 Votes