Dhylec

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Look, I will compliment the developers on making all the text, yeah, that takes some nice dedication, but for me, the game is kinda boring.
It's nice and all to give us the freedom to roam the GIANT mansion and have lines and lines to read on every single place we go, but nothing happens.
Id suggest you guys give a look into renpy, some sound and more images would do wonders for this game, i couldn't even remember Anna and Eve looks after the first 30 minutes i was just walking around trying to make something happen because the only thing you guys told me was "summon the characters to different locations to see if something happen" on the how to play, and NO, nothing new was going on.
I understand i probably have to build the stats and all that, but if nothing goes on aside from the massive texts all the time.... things get boring pretty fast, at least for me.
But as i said, congrats on the dedication, hope you guys keep doing the game and get more and more players that like the game, but for me it was not a hit.

Whambalam

Oct 20, 2017
Id suggest you guys give a look into renpy, some sound and more images would do wonders for this game,
i have to disagree sounds are the first thing i turn off in every h-game and the standard daz models are a big turn off
i rather have a nice described text than any of these renders
the game is good as it is, it only needs more good described scenes and so far they added exactly that

the game structure is solid it only lacks some fluff to hide the bones

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Why doesn't Eve have any sex art yet?
Because art costs money, and I have to worry about paying bills first.

The first review is pretty scathing. Does the author have a different perspective on the issues raised?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To me, it looks like the reviewer wanted a heavily story driven game, and this project isn't about some big epic tale, but instead focuses on personal interactions.

As for the number of events. The game has literally hundreds of events, if they're complaining about repetition, then they're simply not watching the scenes, because most scenes change over time as relationships change.

The issues they spoke of regarding something not working correctly, well, I can only fix things that I know about. I encourage people to report ANYTHING they see that doesn't seem quite right, bugs, spelling errors, awkward turns of phrase, anything. I try to fix all problems reported as soon as they are reported. If there are problems that have been in the game for a while, then it's because no one has had the decency to report them.

Overall, the game is FAR more popular than Wanton Cove is, so while they speak highly of that game, but poorly of this one, it would seem to me that their opinion of the game is not the norm. If you're looking at the reviews, then look at ALL of the reviews. You will find vastly different opinions of the game among them.

I'd encourage you to take a look at the game, give it a try, then make up your own mind about it.

so uuuuum its normal that besides the intro immages and the background immages i dont see any sex scene immages? inside the folder there are some anna scenes but i cant see them in the game
This goes to what I mentioned above. Art is expensive. I commission art as I am able to do so, and have been adding new art regularly. A31 added 14 new images. A29 added 10. A28 added 10. A27 added 13. And I have 23 images in a folder that I hope to get added this month.

Look, I will compliment the developers on making all the text, yeah, that takes some nice dedication, but for me, the game is kinda boring.
It's nice and all to give us the freedom to roam the GIANT mansion and have lines and lines to read on every single place we go, but nothing happens.
Id suggest you guys give a look into renpy, some sound and more images would do wonders for this game, i couldn't even remember Anna and Eve looks after the first 30 minutes i was just walking around trying to make something happen because the only thing you guys told me was "summon the characters to different locations to see if something happen" on the how to play, and NO, nothing new was going on.
I understand i probably have to build the stats and all that, but if nothing goes on aside from the massive texts all the time.... things get boring pretty fast, at least for me.
But as i said, congrats on the dedication, hope you guys keep doing the game and get more and more players that like the game, but for me it was not a hit.
Sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying the game. I've found that there are two types of people who play these games. Ones who are seeking visual stimulation, and those who enjoy reading.

As for changing the format we present the game in: Not likely to happen. My knowledge of coding is pretty limited, and I have several very talented people who help when I need it. Changing format would cut me adrift from that help and require that I learn a whole new system.

I am a writer with absolutely no artistic talent, lacking tremendous amounts of art that I simply can not afford with what I am earning right now, I think converting the game to effectively a picture book would be a foolish move.

i have to disagree sounds are the first thing i turn off in every h-game and the standard daz models are a big tun off
the game is good as it is, it only needs more good described scenes and so far they added exactly that

the game structure is solid it only lacks some fluff to hide the bones
I was always taught, "Paint a picture with your words." And I have a personal motto of "If you were to pull every image out of the game, would it still be a solid experience?"

In addition to that, the game actually has a following of blind players who play using a text reader. One of them I consult with regularly to discuss ways to make the game as friendly to those kinds of players as possible. I figure that if they're happy with how the game is playing, then it's likely a solid experience.

If you notice, most of my own work has been on the interior of the mansion. The only reason that I opted to add the grounds and town was because so many people wanted to submit content for the game that would appear in those locations. I have written some content for those places, but for the most part I have tried to keep the focus on the mansion interior. The goal being to make that area "feel" natural and lived in before moving to a new area to do the same. It's only recently that I've started shifting some of my time toward the grounds outside the mansion.

The game is growing in leaps and bounds, but there's still a massive amount of work to be done. We're just getting started. ;)

And thank you for the kind words. Very happy to hear that you're enjoying the game.

Reactions: trntwhm and rev33

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I like the game so far. It exceeds my expectations for the type of game that it is. It is written well enough to give a solid image of what the reader should see, even with the grammatical errors that are in the game (There are far fewer than many of the games I have played). The grind can get a bit monotonous at times, yes there is a way to avoid that, but, I haven't tested it to see if it changes the relationship values by not doing the, yet. Anyway, so far a solidly written game.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I like the game so far. It exceeds my expectations for the type of game that it is. It is written well enough to give a solid image of what the reader should see, even with the grammatical errors that are in the game (There are far fewer than many of the games I have played). The grind can get a bit monotonous at times, yes there is a way to avoid that, but, I haven't tested it to see if it changes the relationship values by not doing the, yet. Anyway, so far a solidly written game.
Glad you're enjoying it.

If you know of any specific errors, please report them. Location and text help a lot when looking for things on my end.

The long term goal is to have enough scenes in the game that advancing between relationship ranges will feel natural. We're getting there a little bit at a time. ;)

rev33

Jun 6, 2017
i have to disagree sounds are the first thing i turn off in every h-game and the standard daz models are a big turn off
Couldn't said it better myself.
I deleted the picture folder because I prefer to imagine the characters as I see fit.
I hope there's a text only version variant for this game.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
When I go to talk to Willy at The Love Shack, all I get is a blank text area. No dialogue or anything
Nothing huh? This is the first I've heard of it. Guess I need to look into that.

Couldn't said it better myself.
I deleted the picture folder because I prefer to imagine the characters as I see fit.
I hope there's a text only version variant for this game.
You actually do it exactly like our blind followers do. Keep the html and drop the image folder. ;)

D

Deleted member 51206

So im playing this again since v24, and i wanna say 2 things real quick: first none of my saves were saved(i even opened up previous versions and they were all empty, only happens to this html game) and second, as im goinmg through the intro i get the part:""I don't have a girlfriend or any pets ", CAN YOU PLEASE ADD PETS?! DOESNT HAVE TO BE BEASTUALITY CONTENT AT LL BUT I WANT TO WATCH EVE PLAY WITH A CAT! THAT WOULD BE WHOLESOME AF!

Valiant Heart

Dec 24, 2018
When I spend the night in the forest, there is a error where location should be:

Error: <<displaylocationlist>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined)

And when I try to end the event, the end is red and I'm getting this message:

Error: the passage "Pond" does not exist

After that, it's impossible to do anything since we can't move because of the error message instead of the location and I'm just stuck.

Reactions: Harel

Nihan

Apr 6, 2017
Nothing huh? This is the first I've heard of it. Guess I need to look into that.
Same here its just blank for me. Also i dont know how to get Misaki. I checked the wiki, met up with claire and I trigger the Claire visitation scene when i watch TV in the lounge but no matter what I do and how many times i accept her offer I cant get the scene for Misaki.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
dose that girl with red hair have any scane? ofc i mean sex or lewd stuff ?
Yes, she actually has quite a bit of sexual content, we just don't have a lot of imagery in the game for her yet.

Yes but last I heard the dev made her look older because of patreon so she may look a bit different than in the OP image.
Nope, same appearance, just making a point of very openly stating that she's not as young as she looks.

So im playing this again since v24, and i wanna say 2 things real quick: first none of my saves were saved(i even opened up previous versions and they were all empty, only happens to this html game) and second, as im goinmg through the intro i get the part:""I don't have a girlfriend or any pets ", CAN YOU PLEASE ADD PETS?! DOESNT HAVE TO BE BEASTUALITY CONTENT AT LL BUT I WANT TO WATCH EVE PLAY WITH A CAT! THAT WOULD BE WHOLESOME AF!
Save information is only good for about the last half dozen or so builds.

The game DOES have one pet already in the game, it's a Fennic Fox named Mully. We also have plans to add additional pets eventually.

When I spend the night in the forest, there is a error where location should be:

Error: <<displaylocationlist>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined)

And when I try to end the event, the end is red and I'm getting this message:

Error: the passage "Pond" does not exist

After that, it's impossible to do anything since we can't move because of the error message instead of the location and I'm just stuck.
Thank you for the report. Will check it out in just a little bit.

Any update on usage of the lab?
At present, you should be able to research and learn how to use the equipment. Additionally, there are two scenes in the game that make use of the lab. And then to top it off, I actually have several scenes sitting in a folder that I need to get coded into the game. (Had a huge influx of submissions this last month and am playing catch up trying to get it all into the game.) I'm hoping to get at least some of that into the game for the next build.

Not that I know of but check the changelog for it though.
Lab content started being added around A28 (Might be off by a build one direction or the other. Can't remember for sure without looking.)

Same here its just blank for me. Also i dont know how to get Misaki. I checked the wiki, met up with claire and I trigger the Claire visitation scene when i watch TV in the lounge but no matter what I do and how many times i accept her offer I cant get the scene for Misaki.
I actually rebuilt the conversation stuff with Willy yesterday.

I'll take a look at the Claire/Misaki stuff. I know we dealt with some stuff related to that a couple of weeks ago, but I'll double check to make sure that's what was worked on.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes