Beaupere

Mar 7, 2019
So there is a big problem with this game IMO : I'm waaayyyy to invested in the story , i kinda whant to bookmark it and return at the end , like most tv shows that i prefer to binge once the entire season is out.
I really liked the insight mechanics , i may or may not implement it in my next TTRPG session this Friday. Anyways , keep up the good work and don't let us hang , Can she become the best actress ine the worls ? See you next time in Inner Empire Z !

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
What a dramatic twist! So twisty! Luckily the protagonist has the power of kick. And again with the literal cocktease from the resident hulk.

After this misadventure it wouldn't seem unreasonable to demand weapons training, traditional roles be damned. Surely one of those goddesses, or even the 'evil one' is fabled for skill in battle? Call it homage to the gods if need be, or practice for the show if need be. Wonderful to see the story continue on!

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
So glad to see this still going!
Well, why not? As I wrote before there are only three reasons why I would stop: death, disability, and lack of fundraising even for food. As long as all three reasons = false, the game development = true. Although - sure, I would like to release updates a little more often. But this update has that "free roam sequence" that so many people wanted, and coding and (especially) testing it consumes a ton of time, alas.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
After this misadventure it wouldn't seem unreasonable to demand weapons training, traditional roles be damned.
If you successfully got behind the solid doors and opened the scene with Yuturna, at the end he picked up a bow from the ground before leaving. And why does he need two bows, one wonder?

I haven't really decided whether to use this opportunity or not. To be honest, the chapter has already gotten too big enough. Maybe I should save this possibility for later. Or not. We'll see.

alibaba34

Mar 11, 2018
Uh-huh. I don't know what this story structure is called by real game designers, so I'll describe it in my own words. It's bubbles with variations (choices), connected by narrow passageways, like a bottleneck that a player must inevitably enter for the story to stay under control and be able to move forward.

Many RPGs are built on a similar structure. For example, the Mass Effect series. Let's take the second part for illustration. Shepard wakes up after resurrection, goes through the starting mission, talks to Illusive Man, and gets Normandy. It's that bottleneck. You can then fly around and complete missions at will. This is that choice bubble. Then, invariably, the mission with the Normandy crew kidnapping happens. That's the narrow bottleneck again. Then we go back into a new bubble of choices until the final suicide mission, which is... yes, the final bottleneck in this game's part.

So when I read complaints, about Selene being obligated to join the troupe and it being, like, railroaded... Well, that was about as adequate as demanding that Shepard, say upon meeting the Illusive Man something like: "Hey, thanks for the ship, but fuck you and humanity. I'm out." Then he/she renamed the Normandy to Crushandy and started traveling across the galaxy as a space courtesan because that's what he/she always wanted to do.
When people here say "railroaded", what they mean is that the narrative doesn't exactly cater to their fetishes/preferences. Your response sounds perfect to me. Ultimately you should only make what excites you. Unless you want to go and devote your entire flipping life into making something like dwarf fortress or Caves of qud just so some coomer here doesn't feel "railroaded".

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
When people here say "railroaded", what they mean is that the narrative doesn't exactly cater to their fetishes/preferences. Your response sounds perfect to me. Ultimately you should only make what excites you. Unless you want to go and devote your entire flipping life into making something like dwarf fortress or Caves of qud just so some coomer here doesn't feel "railroaded".
Haha, I've only played Rimworld. With a couple of adult mods of course :sneaky:. I think there's something similar for DF as well. So... why create something that others have already created? But anyway, thanks for the kind words.

Reactions: HS1990

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I would have expected something this far along to be at least 1 gig. but as im playing i see its mostly text based and not heavy on pictures so thats why its so small in size, but really well done story so far!
On version 1.0 the game weighed 18 MB. Now it's already 50 MB. Quite a growth I think. Although, of course, this is a text-based game and most of the weight is in-game maps. But if one looks into the engine...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

469k words. From the next update, it will definitely be 500k+. And it will be possible to flaunt the "half a million" figure, la la la. Maybe with a little dancing :giggle:

KarokaKOHORT

Jun 16, 2018
What a great, balanced (in terms of exploration, chatting, action and the other "action") update, definitely worth a wait.

That said, I wonder if perhaps having bad rep with Iolanta should lead to her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Defiant Explorer

Heslau

Jun 14, 2022
Nice ! I love Inner empire. The writing is very good, illustrations are nice and it's really pleasant to play.

All this attention to detail means less content, but I think it's worth it o/

Reactions: Defiant Explorer
4.60 star(s) 41 Votes