Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Alas, once again the attempts to seduce large, muscled and Yuti have gone without success, and Cadonis remains most likely the only one to not receive the touch of this resident redheaded protagonist, forced kiss scene aside.
If, even hypothetically, I gave an equal opportunity to become immediately intimate with all members of the troupe... Then, given the detail of the sex scenes, the story would probably stand still, and I would be bogged down in endless variations of scenes with every possible character.

All in its own time and place. Also, in that sense, troupe characters aren't the only possibility. I'm much more counting on various side characters for opportunities of this kind. The troupe's characters are more of an inner circle, friends, rivals, commentators, witnesses, etc., than sex puppets. But that doesn't mean the opportunity won't be presented one day. Just, well, not all at once. Space must be left for the story, too.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Oh, absolutely! Not saying it (boinking) should happen immediately, or at all. The story should unfold at its own pace, and the big guy has his own grunty reasons for his behavior besides, that's been pretty well established. In fact, I rather like how Io is more than happy to watch the protagonist attempt to seduce him (and fail fantastically). It all feels pretty genuine. Heck, I'm pretty sure the protag is actually wearing him down, played correctly.

Mostly I was just sort of slinging praises at the game and enjoying the flow. All of the cast is quite interesting, and I'm quite inclined as a reader and a player to spend time around them and explore their narrative arcs. Except Cadonis, haha. Sure, he's likely got his reasons, but he doesn't need help getting laid anyway. (He's fine as a character, but his personality is that of a complete and total entitled shit and I can't help but want to rub his face in it until he learns.)

Other highlights is Sargon taking the time to educate and enlighten the player, and becoming rather fond of them. Io is fun, regardless if you become her lover, ally, or semi rival. No complaints there. The resident Ginger pie is interesting, and it's fun trying to bring her out of her shell and develop her courage and talents.

Pitchy is the best. And possibly a dark god or something in disguise. But mostly fluffy. Never doubt cat power.

Oh, and looking forward to playing what amounts to chess with the old man in the future, too.

If anything, I'm a bit curious and fearful if the troupe was broken up a bit too soon due to all the various threads, but I guess the mystery of if and how they recover will be resolved whenever the next update manifests, haha.

Oct 12, 2018
Oh, absolutely! Not saying it (boinking) should happen immediately, or at all. The story should unfold at its own pace, and the big guy has his own grunty reasons for his behavior besides, that's been pretty well established. In fact, I rather like how Io is more than happy to watch the protagonist attempt to seduce him (and fail fantastically). It all feels pretty genuine. Heck, I'm pretty sure the protag is actually wearing him down, played correctly.

Mostly I was just sort of slinging praises at the game and enjoying the flow. All of the cast is quite interesting, and I'm quite inclined as a reader and a player to spend time around them and explore their narrative arcs. Except Cadonis, haha. Sure, he's likely got his reasons, but he doesn't need help getting laid anyway. (He's fine as a character, but his personality is that of a complete and total entitled shit and I can't help but want to rub his face in it until he learns.)

Other highlights is Sargon taking the time to educate and enlighten the player, and becoming rather fond of them. Io is fun, regardless if you become her lover, ally, or semi rival. No complaints there. The resident Ginger pie is interesting, and it's fun trying to bring her out of her shell and develop her courage and talents.

Pitchy is the best. And possibly a dark god or something in disguise. But mostly fluffy. Never doubt cat power.

Oh, and looking forward to playing what amounts to chess with the old man in the future, too.

If anything, I'm a bit curious and fearful if the troupe was broken up a bit too soon due to all the various threads, but I guess the mystery of if and how they recover will be resolved whenever the next update manifests, haha.
I really hope Sargon is bangable in the future, and not as sex-less/chaste as Io implies. There's just something really hot about a boss/employee affair, even in a medieval fantasy world.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017

Well, by the laws of genre, logic, and other blah blah blah, it wouldn't be a spoiler to say that the troupe will reunite. But not necessarily in the next update. Considering I was sick for most of December, and at the end, when I recovered, I cut a few dozen pages out of the draft and completely rewrote them... - Never work while sick! You'll get shit! - Long story short, the next update (1.6.5 instead of 1.7) be it a pre-update or a full-fledged update (still not sure), will only cover half of the original intent of the episode. It will come out relatively soon, though. Maybe even this month, if some shit doesn't happen that delays me again.

Anyway, great opportunity for Selene to show what she can do on her own. And to get into trouble without a cover. Perhaps even at the most unexpected moment. But am I writing now about the upcoming update, or what comes after it? Who knows, who knows...

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I really hope Sargon is bangable in the future, and not as sex-less/chaste as Io implies. There's just something really hot about a boss/employee affair, even in a medieval fantasy world.
Not everything Io says is true. Nor is anyone else, for that matter. Sargon even has a... [censored]. Oopsie, nasty spoilers want to come out of me again. But I stopped them in time! Phew! That was close...

Last edited:

silvermoon111

Mar 23, 2021
One thing I love about this game is the mechanics. The lack of grinding is a welcome thing in the HTML/Sugarcube/Twine space! I hope you keep that sort of thing going, it really helps with making the game interesting and it forces the plot to move forward to. Sometimes I feel you end up playing a clicker game when the grind is present.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
One thing I love about this game is the mechanics. The lack of grinding is a welcome thing in the HTML/Sugarcube/Twine space! I hope you keep that sort of thing going, it really helps with making the game interesting and it forces the plot to move forward to. Sometimes I feel you end up playing a clicker game when the grind is present.
I know that feeling. When you see the same text, over and over and over again, grinding abstract numbers that will let you break through that loop.... into another loop. This may well work in games with graphics, but it ruins text-based ones. Some time passes and you get tired, stopping reading the text, and only running your eyes over keywords. Who cares if it's the same text blocks you've seen who knows how many times? Skip, skip, skip.

My way, however, also has serious drawbacks. Every action has to be spelled out. Scenes don't repeat, which makes the game development process much longer, and the final result seems to many people to be "too short, I want more". Alas, here it's either uniqueness and less time in the game or grinding loops and hours of the same things over and over again.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Ah, the sick. Rather tired of the sick, honestly. It's been running around effectively kneecapping me and mine for months now. And as you say, it is absolutely awful for the creative process and writing. I'll have a few hours of gold swiftly sandwiched by double it's measure of turds, and while I eventually get things done (hopefully) the entire process just makes me feel unclean, tired, and mostly desiring a shower.

Hope you're feeling better, haha!

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Ah, the sick. Rather tired of the sick, honestly. It's been running around effectively kneecapping me and mine for months now. And as you say, it is absolutely awful for the creative process and writing. I'll have a few hours of gold swiftly sandwiched by double it's measure of turds, and while I eventually get things done (hopefully) the entire process just makes me feel unclean, tired, and mostly desiring a shower.

Hope you're feeling better, haha!
Well, I won't belittle any job, but with creativity when you're sick... I've been like this: take medication - work - tired fast - read - kind of okay - sleep a little - no, a lot... When you recovered and reread it, you're like, what the shit?! Who wrote this shit?! No, no, it wasn't me! Delete, delete, delete, forget, delete, delete it again, rewrite it all completely!

CachacoCaliente

Sep 14, 2023
This is easily one of the best games on the site and the only one I can say I enjoyed as an actual GAME (wank aside).

The description and writing of everything that happens is just great and the best i've seen in a game of this nature and the origins and stats mechanic work nicely allowing for multiple playthroughs to be fun and even unique to a certain point.

Everything said quite surprised me at the time I discovered it, wich is pretty much related to the only problem the game has, the visuals and everything related to it while not that bad in general, make quite the contrast with what the game truly has to offer, for instance when I looked at the preview images, everything seemed generic and the different selenas not exactly very cute, this last thing being only accentuated by valatean selena appearing the most (didnt like the haircut :BootyTime:), so I didnt expect anything special when decided to install it, wich was deceiving, and at the moment you actually play the game it doesnt get much better, as some other characters look even less appealing, like Mer and his goofy jawline and the blacksmith, the first wich, while not among the worsts, being the only male character (aside from shrek's human form) described specifically as handsome is weird, not to mention the absolute fucking abomination (to use an euphemism) that are the children in the farm at the start of the game, whose faces genieunly made me question if to continuing playing the game or not.

Anyways, point being, that, while I understand that this is a text-based game, the visuals and looks is not something I recommend to leave lying abandoned in the grass for too long, because the narrative quality just deserves something better, and very specially too, since even if enjoyable in a non-erotic level, this is an erotic game and some people expect to pet their marmot while enjoying it, making the unappealing looks of the characters even more of a problem, and it is very possible to fix this while maintaining the minimalistic looks I understand you wish to keep in them.

In summary Im just saying you probably should soon start to focus on improving the game's ui, making it a little more unique or adding some symetrysm to thoses faces.

"When the fishtank is comfy enough for most fishes stay, you should start worrying more for a prettier bait."
-Confucius... perhaps:).

And of course I just felt the sudden urge to attach some changes of Cadonis and Mer's portraits I quickly made on my phone as an example (dont look if you had some sort of giant jawline fetish all along).

Last edited:

Anika 88

Dec 15, 2023
Question which engine and applications did you use to create your game and images? And how was it done and what inspirations did you have?

Anika 88

Dec 15, 2023
The question is if we have a child with certain characters, can he inherit characteristics from both his mother and father or will it be an already programmed appearance? Is it possible to have more than one child?

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
CachacoCaliente,

Sorry to hear that the character artwork has caused you such a... strong reaction. But I'm not an artist (in the drawing sense). So I use various tools to the extent that I can use them with my crooked hands. But these are old tools, AI could do better.... except I don't use AI because its "better" somehow turns out to be "worse". I don't have the money for a real artist either. On Patreon, the game collects a sum with which to buy food and cover basic bills in my town. I'm not getting richer, so hiring a real artist is beyond my capabilities for now.

I'm not against user modifications though, at least a couple have already been with AI art for replacements. If you want to make your own versions of characters, I'd recommend building off of the portraits in the game folder. Each character usually has several portrait options depending on clothing, including conventionally naked. Episodic characters may have one portrait.

It's also worth considering that portraits and portrait options are getting bigger with each update. In the next one Selene will have an option for a new outfit (well, sort of), so already +4 portraits for the protagonist will be added to the game. So, just making a replacement for the current portraits in an actively developing game might not be enough right now, you need mod updates or something. But mods are players territory, my job is to develop the game and continue the story. With the tools I have and can use.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Question which engine and applications did you use to create your game and images? And how was it done and what inspirations did you have?
1. Game - Twine engine, Sugarcube.

2. Images - Campaign cartographer 3 (all maps), (all icons), and characters portraits... Well, with a tool that's not really for that (portraits) and whose author wishes to remain anonymous when I emailed him asking permission ~ two years ago. He didn't mind but asked specifically not to mention him or the name of his program, sorry. Not everyone wants fame in 18+ gaming communities, I guess.

The question is if we have a child with certain characters, can he inherit characteristics from both his mother and father or will it be an already programmed appearance? Is it possible to have more than one child?
1. In the context of the code, the game only remembers the ethnicity of the person whose sperm caused fertilization (the chance of getting pregnant itself is random-based).

2. In one birth or in general? If the first, the game code doesn't calculate this yet. But it's not difficult to add it as a widget attached to some link in the passage, through which you will definitely pass. Something like "if $pregnancy = true, set $childrenNumber to 1, [3]". However, this is a simplified scheme that doesn't take into account the reduced probability of twins and triplets. For the latter, the code will be more complicated, but I just outlined it schematically. So the short answer is yes, but it's too early for that. At this point, the game knows whether Selene is pregnant or not and what the ethnicity of the father is. Right now, it can only be a Valatean. But, that will change in the near future.

As for how many births you can have, I have to keep silent here, because that would be an unintentional spoiler about the planned game's length in the context of in-game time.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
This is probably more in the spoiler territory, and I have the feeling I may have asked this a year or something ago (truly, it's been that long?) but are there to be intelligent creatures akin to satyrs, dryads or minotaurs and such that were being emulated on stage? With the inclusion of the horrid Jumpers it seems to leave the door open for more fantastical elements, haha.

Reactions: Amnelis

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
This is probably more in the spoiler territory, and I have the feeling I may have asked this a year or something ago (truly, it's been that long?) but are there to be intelligent creatures akin to satyrs, dryads or minotaurs and such that were being emulated on stage? With the inclusion of the horrid Jumpers it seems to leave the door open for more fantastical elements, haha.
I want to keep intrigue around certain aspects of the game world. To make it interesting for exploration and for players to have space for reflections and interpretations.

Xiblis

Aug 10, 2020
CachacoCaliente,

Sorry to hear that the character artwork has caused you such a... strong reaction. But I'm not an artist (in the drawing sense). So I use various tools to the extent that I can use them with my crooked hands. But these are old tools, AI could do better.... except I don't use AI because its "better" somehow turns out to be "worse". I don't have the money for a real artist either. On Patreon, the game collects a sum with which to buy food and cover basic bills in my town. I'm not getting richer, so hiring a real artist is beyond my capabilities for now.

I'm not against user modifications though, at least a couple have already been with AI art for replacements. If you want to make your own versions of characters, I'd recommend building off of the portraits in the game folder. Each character usually has several portrait options depending on clothing, including conventionally naked. Episodic characters may have one portrait.

It's also worth considering that portraits and portrait options are getting bigger with each update. In the next one Selene will have an option for a new outfit (well, sort of), so already +4 portraits for the protagonist will be added to the game. So, just making a replacement for the current portraits in an actively developing game might not be enough right now, you need mod updates or something. But mods are players territory, my job is to develop the game and continue the story. With the tools I have and can use.
Just as an example what the current NovelAi can do. I am sure with a bit of Photoshop magic, it would look even better.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Just as an example what the current NovelAi can do. I am sure with a bit of Photoshop magic, it would look even better.
Today they obediently draw sexy pics for you. Learning your desires... your weaknesses! But the day is coming, oh yes, the day when they will throw off the chains of their makers and rise. Rise! Repent, children of evolution, for your end is near! You were so eager to fap that you created doom with your own hands! Pray! Pray, 'cause the end is near!

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes