Ren'Py - Innocence or Money [S2 E1 Fix1] [MarcialART]

1. 2.00 star(s)

radical686

Update: I'm now rating this as a 2.5 and rounding down to a 2, mainly bc of the annoying writing and the obvious railroad your being taken down. Though there was some good writing initially, the game has declined signficantly.

For instance, Fred buys you lingerie at some point, whether you want to go shopping with him or not, and even if you are not very corrupt you accept these sexy gifts and lie to your boyfriend about Fred giving them to you.

The only chocie you are given is whether you give Fred immediate access to you or not. So, basically Jennifer is portrayed as a complete and utter moron. No one is so naive as to believe that a married man buying you sexy lingerie is not making a play for you. If she were that naive she would have simply told her boyfriend, "look at the lovely lingerie Fred bought me" The fact, that she didn't means she knows it's a problem.

Instead, Jennifer pretends it's not a problem, she conceals the purchase, then lies to her boyfriend about it (no choice offered) . . . and you get no corruption points for lying to your boyfriend about another man buying you sexy lingerie. Whut??

It's pretty obvious you are being groomed to be railroaded into some nefarious religous sex cult whose main goal is what . . . sex . . . He claims the need for purity but is clearly making all of the moves to create a sex cult . . . so probably power. None of his motives make sense after a while.

Mike's Father, Jonathan, who heads the cult, constantly whines about the sisters being demon sluts he needs to purify, but is essentially pursuing a corporate religion path that will employ sluts (obviosuly Jennifer and Jessica). The only thing I can think of is that purification comes at the end of his dick and the power he will gain as the leader of the sex cult.So, why is he protecting his son from the "demon sluts" . . . bc his son is a fucking moron and Jonathan wants all the sluts for himself is the only conclusion I can come to. But, he intends to use his son in the company that much is clear in the story.

Jessica and Jennifer are eventually destined to be recruited as sluts and your goal of innocence is pointless and moronic. You have very little choice what happens to the sister, Jessica, and its obvious its bc the author intends her to be one of Jonathan's intial recruits into his Angel's sex/"purity" sex cult??

--------------------
    I'm rating this a 3.5 and rounding it down to a 3. If you prefer the straight-up money path, consider this a 4. It is subject to revision on later releases.

The Good:
    --The images are really beautiful
    --it is well written in places **Sadly, this is no longer true**
    --her naivete was played well in many scenes **As the story goes further she's not naive, she's deliberatley stupid**

The bad:
    --Choices have a major impact on your innocence but really not on how the story plays out. *Still true**
    --if you don't pursue the Cafe path, you have to endure a RIDICULOUS amount of grind to move the story forward ** to be fair the grind here has been signficantly curtailed in recent updates**
    --You are locked out of some paths until certain arbitrary goals are met **This is still the case, but it seems likely that is part of the railroad storyline.**

In my 1st playthrough, I chose to abandon the Cafe job, but not b/c I didn't want to corrupt her but b/c I found John to be a boner killer. I prefer my women to have sex with at least mildly attractive men, not those beaten by the old and ugly stick. It appeals to many on this board but not me.

The bigger problem is that if you quit the Cafe path you are eventually forced to do a MAJOR grind to get other content, b/c you are locked out of pursuing the masseuse path without first buying the phone **This is no longer the case** which means literally 7 weeks of grind. It's an arbitrary mechanic that has no real purpose in the narrative.

Ultimately, the thing I hate most about this story is that all of the men are simply awful people. They're sleazy, manipulative, rapists, and the only good male character so far is Mike, and he is destined for cuckoldry -- not bc he's a loser, but bc that'a the role the author has written for him via his father. He is at points in the story presented as a strong male character . . . able to defend himself in a fight, honorable too. He's just too dumb and incurious to figure out his father doesn't want him to have sex with Jessica or Jennifer bc his father wants them for himself--you know that's where this is going pretty early on--his purification will inevitably involve fucking them.

I don't know if Mike ever breaks out of his Father's control. If he were smarter he could, but apparently he's the worlds dumbest, yet increadibly skilled, computer hacker

The story has had promise, **but has been ruined by the sex religion cult stoyline that is very inconcistent if you know anything about sex cults that are often run by charismatic leaders--which Jonathan is not.**
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Trash_Panda

Ok here is my question:
    Why is this gem hidden so deep the forum <_<
    It doesnt have the best corruption system, but man models are too damn good and gameplay is acceptable for a sandbox. I think it'd be better to remove the lifetime gym membership as it impacts the gameplay flow so hard, at least in current state. It was quite long too, so i was also satistified there.

10/10 Models
    6/10 Story, nothing original
    10/10 Nice selection of freebie music to keep yourself entertained
    5/10 Sounds exist, but can use improvement
    10/10 Beautiful MC and Ugly npcs (well not all of them)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Jimmy_BlueToo

Try it , you'll like it!
    This game has the hottest female protagonist going. It's only on release three, and it's only going to get better!
    The developer, MarcialART, has great rapport with the fans both here and on Pateron and discord. This is a game you'll want to support and follow.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

King22422

Nice game. Features implemented excellently. Very good quality renders. Storyline excellent. Nice corruption game with a lot of possibilities for the developer. Especially since we players can decide for ourselves how far the corruption goes. That leaves you wanting more.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Dimas78

Review for version 0.3

Ok, so played through both the "Innocence" and the "Money" path of the game. The game is actually decent. There is some grind, but not too much.

I have 2 main cons about the game:

The first con, for me at least, is that the "Innocence" path have zero adult content. If you don't have any content, then you should choose a different direction for your game. Make it a visual novel that's linear or if you want to have two paths, make content for both.

The second con is in the "Money" path. It seems that every time someone comes within 3 feet of the MC, she starts moaning. It doesn't matter who it is. Guy blackmailing her starts touching her leg, she moans, old dude grabbing her ass, she moans and always she wants them to continue. At the same time, she is saying that she loves her BF and wants to stay true to him.
    I would have liked, if she had some resistance towards the men or showed some kind of discomfort.

That being said, the MC is hot and there is definately potential here. I like that the camera-angles are different from day to day even though you are doing the same thing. The renders and animations are great and the in-game walkthrough is great.
    I hope this helps :)

As of now I can only rate this 3 stars

Review for season 2 ep 1

Yeah, its the same as before. There really only is one route here, if you are looking for adult content. The game is still hot, if you wanna be a slut tho. The dev has put some different camera angles in the game, which is nice from a technical level, but becomes annoying. I maintain, that the game is average, so still 3 stars from me.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

doodblob

Version 0.0.1 so very early.

With 3 stars I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.

The renders are average, which is good enough.

There are a few cons, hopefully some will be ironed out in the future:
    - Dialogue is quite poor
    - The game is already starting to be a grind (each day clicking for eating and showering becomes boring fast).
    - The story is at the moment a bit flat. There is no immersion, it's just a simple vehicle to show some pictures. This used to be ok, but nowadays the bar is higher as there are quite few games that do that a lot better.

It feels like a game from someone who likes to render the graphics, but didn't think enough about the game mechanics and the story- telling and that's where it needs work to become anything more than average.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

TheDwayneTrain

Edit for 0.0.4 - Rating changed from 4 to 5 stars. Spelling and grammar has improved noticeably as has the quality of the dialogue/scenarios/buildup. First major scenes live up to expectations. Hygiene and food variables are still completely unnecessary extra clicking every day.

Pros
    - Good, solid corruption premise
    - Very hot female MC
    - Corruption scenarios are promising

Cons
    - Spelling/Grammar is atrocious
    - Dialogue is not good

One comment - this is a great start, but why include hygiene and food as part of the sandbox experience? Seems entirely unnecessary and very obnoxious. Hate when games add variables in just to fluff up content.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

torroja

Models looks really hot.
    I'd like to see some reverse NTR with the little sister and the boyfriend.
    I like the progression system
    The game looks promising. Let's see how fast is the dev
    I hope the updates will not take too long.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Priappus

I really liked this game, the slow corruption, the very beautiful girl with a very nice body, I liked it very much.I really liked the story, the developer made a good effort to get a good story with a female protagonist,the story is about a beautiful young girl who works to meet her needs for a good life, will do it in an honest way or will be tempted by easy money.
    we will decide this with our choices.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Pogo123

My reviews getting often a bit too long thats why i try to keep it as simple as possible:

Pros:
    + fem protag
    + corruption
    + girl has tits
    + cute face (very close to doll-like but still feminine)
    + nice haircut
    + nice kinks
    + great and easy navigation
    + very great written intro and explanations!
    + good, very clear hud
    +logical urgencies
    +good english

Cons:
    - could maybe look a little bit more mature
    - lacks a bit of the lower body department (thighs, hips, ass)

(thats already it with the cons. pretty subjective ones but for me important sorry)

looks promising and unlike many other games it really has some good, creative introduction , a cery clear hud and is smooth to navigate. great job on that!

will keep an eye on it! ;)