Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
It's a surprisingly interesting demo. Definitely a bid for an interesting game. One that I hope will grow rather than be swallowed up by the bottomless gulp of the Internet.

Request. Or advice. Whatever. Do it gradually, step by step, without spreading your forces over 250 options, each with almost no content, just the promise of the future. Start with the tavern? Let the tavern be finished first. Then maybe, I don't know, a brothel? Banal. But it's a brothel!

I wonder if the story will go exactly on behalf of a slave girl. I'd like that. What if the master sells her off somewhere? Mmm, a soldier's camp, to raise dicks morale? An estate of a spoiled aristocrat?

And pregnancy. Definitely need a pregnancy. Okay, stop, that's enough. Or this is going to grow into an obscene-sized wall of text.

P.S. On my second attempt to replay, got CTD on finishing my shift at the dialogue with the waitress. I do not know why, but better double-check this point.

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
It's a surprisingly interesting demo. Definitely a bid for an interesting game. One that I hope will grow rather than be swallowed up by the bottomless gulp of the Internet.

Request. Or advice. Whatever. Do it gradually, step by step, without spreading your forces over 250 options, each with almost no content, just the promise of the future. Start with the tavern? Let the tavern be finished first. Then maybe, I don't know, a brothel? Banal. But it's a brothel!

I wonder if the story will go exactly on behalf of a slave girl. I'd like that. What if the master sells her off somewhere? Mmm, a soldier's camp, to raise dicks morale? An estate of a spoiled aristocrat?

And pregnancy. Definitely need a pregnancy. Okay, stop, that's enough. Or this is going to grow into an obscene-sized wall of text.

P.S. On my second attempt to replay, got CTD on finishing my shift at the dialogue with the waitress. I do not know why, but better double-check this point.
What CTD stands for? I googled and it gave me cumulative trauma disorder...

I'm not really into pregnancy fetish so I'll need to make some research first before adding it, because it's hard for me to imagine how it should work for this type of game. And yes, right now my focus is to add as much tavern-content as I can before moving on to the next job/questline.

You'll probably be able to play as a slave at some point and remain there if you'd like. Either by being captured by intelligent creatures or just bandits.

As I stated in the main post - I'm inspired by DoL and I'd like this game to go on a similar path, by letting the player decide what he wants to do in this world. Maybe you don't want to play as a tavern-waiter and it's totally fine - choose a different origin in the beginning of the game (obviously not implemented yet but will be) and play as a scholar in a different city for example, or as a homeless thief, or maybe a maid in a household of a wealthy cave lord.

sharpys

May 21, 2017
In a medieval times, up above the skies happened a very crucial event that has changed the world. An asteroid field has started passing near the earth and obscuring the sun with its dust, and as a result our planet's surface was frozen, forcing humans and other intelligent races to flee underground, building cave-cities and living there for about 300 years so far. You're going to take control of a character with customizable origin and try to live your life to the fullest in these conditions.
header.jpg

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
What CTD stands for? I googled and it gave me cumulative trauma disorder...
Crash to Desktop (CTD)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not really into pregnancy fetish so I'll need to make some research first before adding it, because it's hard for me to imagine how it should work for this type of game.
Research? You, sir, are taking the question too seriously. A conditional pregnancy will suffice. There was sex, there was a chance, and now the protagonist's belly has grown. If the player is bored, then let's say she buys a potion for an abortion or accelerated growth with childbirth behind the scenes. Add on or off pregnancy in the settings. Well, when they will. Settings, I mean.

Realistic mode with ovulations and stuff just doesn't work for gameplay like this.

And, most importantly, if you don't like it, then don't do pregnancy. It's your game. Your vision. Who needs these pregnancies anyway?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JustLittleTinyMe

Oct 14, 2018
Will be added shortly, but most of the time you won't be able to dominate other characters, only in a rare special encounters.
I'm actually planning on expanding the world to the point where you can just leave the tavern and go live and work in different places (and eventually different cities). So you're occupation is up to your choice. But for now the player is bound to being a tavern waiter-cleaner-etc.
Will the male be sub only or will we get the choice to be a dom MC ? Like you said, in the future you plan to expand beyond the tavern and even the town/city, perhaps more suitable places for a male MC and female characters could be a thing?

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
Will the male be sub only or will we get the choice to be a dom MC ? Like you said, in the future you plan to expand beyond the tavern and even the town/city, perhaps more suitable places for a male MC and female characters could be a thing?
Male MC won't be able to dominate characters that are stronger than him. You will be able to dom WEAK males and females from time to time, but not on a regular basis like the npc are doing to you. For example if you decide to start relationship with a bard - you'll be able to dominate him/her (I'll add a feature to change key-npc's gender later) in bed because bard is a weak and submissive character.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Nice pixel art, the inspiration from both Captivity & Degrees of Lewdity is showing and looks good, best of luck with the development.

Reactions: Joody14

Opticon213

Jul 1, 2017
this looks awesome, i see a lot of potential. will the sub male char have gay content? or will the genders of NPCs be swapped, kind of hoping for a mix of both genders harassing the player :sneaky:

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
this looks awesome, i see a lot of potential. will the sub male char have gay content? or will the genders of NPCs be swapped, kind of hoping for a mix of both genders harassing the player :sneaky:
It'll be customizable in the settings so you'll have mostly the preferred experience.

Reactions: Opticon213

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
It'll be customizable in the settings so you'll have mostly the preferred experience.
Request. Or advice. Whatever. Do it gradually, step by step, without spreading your forces over 250 options, each with almost no content, just the promise of the future.
Basically, what Shadow_explorer said.
Maybe consider fleshing out the female playing character and gameplay first and then move on to male character and gameplay. Because you might be developing 2 games at the same time otherwise...

EmptyBottle

Jan 14, 2019
Just like to throw my two cents into this:
-Would your character have to buy their own freedom eventually? maybe offering lewd services under the table would net some cash quicker than just slinging suds, at the cost of gaining a negative reputation which may result in the event we see at the end of the demo of men you serviced just taking what they want?
-Id like some sort of pregnancy system to be implemented. maybe have a situation where a female PC that has been impregnated can sell their offspring into slavery... maybe at some sort of morality penalty cost in exchange for a decent chunk of gold? maybe the PC could extort money from men who knocked her up if they are prominent or submissive?
-Seems like you plan to have a day to day system planned to be implemented. I think the pregnancy system could work in this case if you just shortened the development cycle. Maybe she carries for 3 week naturally (with penalties to attractiveness and physical resistance ability that makes things more complicated?) and for a hefty sum, she can buy potions to speed up the process or abort it.
-Maybe female PCs can avoid being taken advantage of if they dress as a male when in public? disguises?
-legitimate and less reputable means for your character to survive? hold down a job, or steal or sell yourself to make money?

Im excited to see where this goes. Good start, I like the art style. Along with the other similar games people are mentioning, Id like to say it also sorta reminds me of Insexsity as well. I hope your game stays on track better than that did though.

fuccboi2008

Oct 4, 2018
Looks neat so far, but it's so barebones it hardly counts as a video game. It'd be nice if it didn't end up abandoned like so many other hgames but I don't have high expectations.

Reactions: Joody14
3.10 star(s) 23 Votes