Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
Just like to throw my two cents into this:
-Would your character have to buy their own freedom eventually? maybe offering lewd services under the table would net some cash quicker than just slinging suds, at the cost of gaining a negative reputation which may result in the event we see at the end of the demo of men you serviced just taking what they want?
-Id like some sort of pregnancy system to be implemented. maybe have a situation where a female PC that has been impregnated can sell their offspring into slavery... maybe at some sort of morality penalty cost in exchange for a decent chunk of gold? maybe the PC could extort money from men who knocked her up if they are prominent or submissive?
-Seems like you plan to have a day to day system planned to be implemented. I think the pregnancy system could work in this case if you just shortened the development cycle. Maybe she carries for 3 week naturally (with penalties to attractiveness and physical resistance ability that makes things more complicated?) and for a hefty sum, she can buy potions to speed up the process or abort it.
-Maybe female PCs can avoid being taken advantage of if they dress as a male when in public? disguises?
-legitimate and less reputable means for your character to survive? hold down a job, or steal or sell yourself to make money?

Im excited to see where this goes. Good start, I like the art style. Along with the other similar games people are mentioning, Id like to say it also sorta reminds me of Insexsity as well. I hope your game stays on track better than that did though.
It seems like I'll add pregnancies eventually because it have been like less than a day of publishing the game and this fetish was already requested 3-4 times. So it is bound to happen, just probably not in the near couple updates, not before I have an "open world". Reputation is also something that I had in mind and will be added.

And the idea of crossdressing is cool, I actually planned to add a hair-growth system, meaning your hair will grow every week for a bit, I guess it'll be nice to add a "recognition" by npcs, so they'll judge you by the looks and may mistake a male character with long hair and feminine clothes for a girl, and the other way around.

And so people don't worry that much... I'm not instantly trying to add anything I write here, those things are just in my trello with a certain priority, right now I'm focused on making v0.0.2 that expands the tavern content and adds a gameplay loop with weekly payments to the tavern owner, kinda like in DoL.

Last edited:

IrisSucc

Jul 12, 2018
shmuha

I write some scenarios for games. And I really like the art style of this game, so if you are considering to add some deeper narrative in Cave Party, I would love to be a part of this project!

But yeah, the game crashes after the first night - and in order to complete the first night, it takes over 7 minutes. Although the game looks interesting, this sort of length could discourage new players from playing the game till the first sexual content. How about increasing the pace of the time?

And the bard sometimes stopped on the client. Although it is good that he was behind the client and there were no issues delivering the drinks, it does look a bit unsatisfying. However, I love that the music plays whenever he plays - and stops when he is walking.

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
shmuha

I write some scenarios for games. And I really like the art style of this game, so if you are considering to add some deeper narrative in Cave Party, I would love to be a part of this project!

But yeah, the game crashes after the first night - and in order to complete the first night, it takes over 7 minutes. Although the game looks interesting, this sort of length could discourage new players from playing the game till the first sexual content. How about increasing the pace of the time?

And the bard sometimes stopped on the client. Although it is good that he was behind the client and there were no issues delivering the drinks, it does look a bit unsatisfying. However, I love that the music plays whenever he plays - and stops when he is walking.
Ideas and this kind of help are always needed so I would love to see you in our discord (link is in the main post). For the current version of the game - it's sort of a demo, proof on concept, you name it. I just put together a little scene so players will have an objective while trying out the main mechanics. In the next version this midnight-intruders stuff will be cut out for example and I'll just add a week-cycle with random events happening based on your interactions with npcs.

There is no actual plot planned for the game right now, I just want to add like a lot of places with progressive questlines that are entirely optional and can be avoided. For example the whole tavern - you'll be able to just leave it even at the start of the game, give away your key to the room and go out in the world to search for a better place.

Azrail26232

Jan 15, 2019
How do you put your clothes back on? The guard tells me to do so but there's no control prompt anywhere after that like there is with undressing and buttonmashing does nothing.

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
How do you put your clothes back on? The guard tells me to do so but there's no control prompt anywhere after that like there is with undressing and buttonmashing does nothing.
The main interactions in the game are through clicking the mouse. When you undress you drop your clothes to the ground, and to put them on just simply click this yellowish thingy underneath.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
shmuha

About pregnancy. I read your comments and want to correct you... No, that's not the word. In short, pregnancy is not only a fetish or, in the context of a game about the ordinary life of an ordinary girl, not so much a fetish as an element of immersion.

Pregnancy is an option of consequences, without which sex scenes will just be sex scenes, pictures that get boring over time. In this sense, pregnancy serves as a built-in mechanic that keeps the player's interest. Will the protagonist get pregnant in this scene? Or not? Will there either be consequences or will I (the player) get lucky?

The main problem of pregnancy mechanics is the exit scenario. What to do with the baby in the context of the plot is a non-trivial question. Many people don't know what to do with the baby in real life. What to say about games...

I'll give you my vision of how I would do this mechanism if I were in your position. What to do with this vision is up to you.

1. Completely finish the tavern and all the activities in it. Well, you're going to do that anyway.

2. Insert a chance for the heroine to get pregnant during vaginal scenes.

3. Pregnancy makes her belly grow and she starts moving slower (very important when we have mechanics to catch up with all the tavern-goers).

4. The childbirth after a while. Behind the scenes. A baby bed appears in the protagonist's room. Somewhere in the setting we have +1 baby. Important. Over a certain period of time, we will necessarily lose money to keep the baby. In total, we can have up to 3 children (and 3 baby beds). Also, keeping 3 kids is VERY expensive, which can complicate our game all the way to game over.

5. What if a player has no money to support children? Hmm, automatically take out a loan from dubious individuals at interest? Nothing complicated, we automatically take 100 coins and owe 150 at once. What happens if we don't pay back the debt on time? The scene where the bandits stab us in the alley. Game over.

6. Options for protection against pregnancy. Contraception potion. It shouldn't be cheap, otherwise it's pointless. But it's definitely cheaper than having up to 3 children with a permanent loss of money. But the player has an interesting dilemma. Buy potions, don't have vaginal sex, or join in and push your luck. This also includes potions to speed up the course of pregnancy or abortion, also very expensive, otherwise it makes no sense to add them to the game.

7. Someone mentioned selling babies... Ugh. Okay, well, purely technically it's possible. Let's say the protagonist sells her children. How do we limit this mechanic? What if she gets a temporary debuff, a conditioned depression? That makes her walk slower and occasionally start crying? That is, while she cries the player loses control and does not serve customers. Is it possible to suppress depression? Drugs? Alcohol? But, after all... they're addictive... Again, a dilemma for the player.

Enough is enough. See? Pregnancy can be a cornerstone for a lot of interesting mechanics as well as immersion. It's not just a fetish if... you don't just make it a fetish.

Sorry about the wall of text. I think I'm done here. Best of luck to you and your game.

mimospros

Apr 2, 2018
We need more games with 2d ragdoll physics with not completely strict limbs positions. Like in Chronosphere and Captivity. More so, that would be awesome to see them be able to support mods and creative modders to do some nice content for this games. Does it much to ask? :D

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I couldn't even count this as a demo. Most professional demos have a bit more than this. All there is in this is a slow moving MC with 3 separate screen, one of which has nothing more than a pervy guard looking at you naked.

( The biggest issue is I had to actually CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of the game, cause there was no menu, no way to escape out of game play, and it was full screen only. This is actually a big issue. I should NEVER have to pull up task manager to exit a game.)

You slowly walk around the bar, passing out drinks. You have the ability to go upstairs at any time and change your clothes. You can strip naked in front of people, but get no reaction for that. This is it. Can't go to sleep cause it says it is too early. No telling how long we would have to serve drinks at a snail pace to get to do anything else, if that is even possible in this 'demo' version.
I give it a 2 star. 2 instead of 1 only because it has an interesting concept.
But, if I were gonna donate anything to a dev, I would need more than just this to go off of.

Last edited:

buttbum

Aug 19, 2018
shmuha

About pregnancy. I read your comments and want to correct you... No, that's not the word. In short, pregnancy is not only a fetish or, in the context of a game about the ordinary life of an ordinary girl, not so much a fetish as an element of immersion.

Pregnancy is an option of consequences, without which sex scenes will just be sex scenes, pictures that get boring over time. In this sense, pregnancy serves as a built-in mechanic that keeps the player's interest. Will the protagonist get pregnant in this scene? Or not? Will there either be consequences or will I (the player) get lucky?

The main problem of pregnancy mechanics is the exit scenario. What to do with the baby in the context of the plot is a non-trivial question. Many people don't know what to do with the baby in real life. What to say about games...

I'll give you my vision of how I would do this mechanism if I were in your position. What to do with this vision is up to you.

1. Completely finish the tavern and all the activities in it. Well, you're going to do that anyway.

2. Insert a chance for the heroine to get pregnant during vaginal scenes.

3. Pregnancy makes her belly grow and she starts moving slower (very important when we have mechanics to catch up with all the tavern-goers).

4. The childbirth after a while. Behind the scenes. A baby bed appears in the protagonist's room. Somewhere in the setting we have +1 baby. Important. Over a certain period of time, we will necessarily lose money to keep the baby. In total, we can have up to 3 children (and 3 baby beds). Also, keeping 3 kids is VERY expensive, which can complicate our game all the way to game over.

5. What if a player has no money to support children? Hmm, automatically take out a loan from dubious individuals at interest? Nothing complicated, we automatically take 100 coins and owe 150 at once. What happens if we don't pay back the debt on time? The scene where the bandits stab us in the alley. Game over.

6. Options for protection against pregnancy. Contraception potion. It shouldn't be cheap, otherwise it's pointless. But it's definitely cheaper than having up to 3 children with a permanent loss of money. But the player has an interesting dilemma. Buy potions, don't have vaginal sex, or join in and push your luck. This also includes potions to speed up the course of pregnancy or abortion, also very expensive, otherwise it makes no sense to add them to the game.

7. Someone mentioned selling babies... Ugh. Okay, well, purely technically it's possible. Let's say the protagonist sells her children. How do we limit this mechanic? What if she gets a temporary debuff, a conditioned depression? That makes her walk slower and occasionally start crying? That is, while she cries the player loses control and does not serve customers. Is it possible to suppress depression? Drugs? Alcohol? But, after all... they're addictive... Again, a dilemma for the player.

Enough is enough. See? Pregnancy can be a cornerstone for a lot of interesting mechanics as well as immersion. It's not just a fetish if... you don't just make it a fetish.

Sorry about the wall of text. I think I'm done here. Best of luck to you and your game.
cringe

kandrew123

Oct 14, 2018
Ideas and this kind of help are always needed so I would love to see you in our discord (link is in the main post). For the current version of the game - it's sort of a demo, proof on concept, you name it. I just put together a little scene so players will have an objective while trying out the main mechanics. In the next version this midnight-intruders stuff will be cut out for example and I'll just add a week-cycle with random events happening based on your interactions with npcs.

There is no actual plot planned for the game right now, I just want to add like a lot of places with progressive questlines that are entirely optional and can be avoided. For example the whole tavern - you'll be able to just leave it even at the start of the game, give away your key to the room and go out in the world to search for a better place.
I think it would be a little more interesting if you start out with some restrictions in the beginning. Like, to leave the tavern, you'd need to either pay off the dept to the owner for buying you, or escape and risk being arrested by the guards. You could lean into the DoL inspiration and also be charged room and board, forcing the player to seek out further means than just bar-tending to avoid falling further into debt. Perhaps the owner hosts private shows during after-hours, and the more depraved the acts(see DoL's brothel animal shows) the greater the tips?
If you escape, you could play mostly as you originally intended, but you'd need to avoid the law. If you encounter any guards you could either bribe them (monetarily or sexually, with a chance of them arresting you anyways), pay off the debt there (assuming you managed to acquire the funds), or give yourself up, which can lead to you being returned to prison and subjected to torment by the nasty warden and male fellow inmates. There could be further escape scenarios thereon, or you could elect to serve your time.

Also, the setting pure medieval, or is there some fantasy involved? If magic exists, that could solve some issues with a potential pregnancy mechanic, and an orphanage would probably be the best solution for children if the PC has no means of caring for them herself.

Silver258

Mar 3, 2019
The fact this is based on 2 of my favorite games on here has my hopes really high! I wish you the best of luck

CYFire

Feb 8, 2018
Game is 15 minutes of serving beer with no sex gameplay and already has 35 likes.

You can tell that people are absolutely starving for new games right now.
I don't know what I did other than you, but I served until maybe 22:00, went to bed, Sex scene. So, obviously, there is some content and some condition to it.

I won't praise this demo as the holy grail of sexgames, but I aknowledge there has been an attempt, the concept checks some of my marks, and it could lead to a good game.

3.10 star(s) 23 Votes