Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.40] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
banner.jpg

Overview:
This is a remake of Atella's (Mr.183) CardWirth game, Mushi no Kangoku.
Leah is an adventurer that takes a request to find a missing survey team on a mysterious recently discovered island. The problem with the request is that the island is home to many giant insects, that are more than happy to welcome Leah, in ways that she is probably not expecting...​

Thread Updated: 2024-06-22
Release Date: 2024-06-10
Developer: Eroism
Original Developer: Mr. 183
Censored: No
Version: 0.40
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -
Linux: -
- -

Thanks to Atella (Mr.183) for his permission and CGs for the remake. Thanks to Bzshr for the upscaled CGs.

screenshot1.png screenshot2.png screenshot3.png screenshot4.png screenshot5.png

Last edited:

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks for re-making this on a better game engine, the old one was too much of a pain to run.

Current bugs I found so far:
- When going back to title and reloading the save file, the game just fails and it shows a blank gradient screen. Needs to restart the game and load the save game and it works.
- You can still interact with some buttons during transitions. For ex: Spamming the Explore icon when transition to fighting enemies, there's a brief moment that you can still do another Explore. You can also immediately escape before the enemies spawn in too.

Reactions: manoftake

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Leah: "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took a sting in the ass..." :D
Worth it for this meme :ROFLMAO:.

Oh yeah I remember that shitty-ass game running on a prehistoric game engine that required you to be a rocket scientist to understand how to make it run.

Maybe now I'll give it a try to experience this degeneracy. Thanks for the work.
Main reason for the remake right there. I liked Atella's CGs and animations, but... CardWirth was a pain to setup and worst for me, I have an AMD CPU which results in chopped frames on CardWirth and the animations getting half of the FPS.

Thanks for re-making this on a better game engine, the old one was too much of a pain to run.

Current bugs I found so far:
- When going back to title and reloading the save file, the game just fails and it shows a blank gradient screen. Needs to restart the game and load the save game and it works.
- You can still interact with some buttons during transitions. For ex: Spamming the Explore icon when transition to fighting enemies, there's a brief moment that you can still do another Explore. You can also immediately escape before the enemies spawn in too.
Thank you for finding those so quickly :). I make several tests between changes, but there is a lot of errors that go trough still.

• Red Heart
Reactions: luvhentai

chonchad

Sep 24, 2023
Man what a surprise. I genuily didnt expect to see any sort of news or updates from this game again. Any hopes of the actual developer to continiue to work on his game?

Frumi

Apr 1, 2019
woo i loved the old game, was super nnoying to start but damn was it good. cant wait for the dog stuff to be readded
Yeah, that's true, I really hope this will get the love it deserves.
I know back then, i thought if it would be even worth to go through this weird install process... BUT in the end i quite enjoyed my experience. I loved that sneaky insect (moskito?) which could lay eggs inside her while she sleeps if i remember correctly, hehe sneaky little bugger. :sneaky:

With that said, eroism i wish you the best of luck and good progress with your development. Keeping my eye on this.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes