Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.40] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

icelandia

May 28, 2018
The animations are... ok, but by the love of god let us skip them on execution *and* speed them up however we want.

Reactions: Prold

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
The animations are... ok, but by the love of god let us skip them on execution *and* speed them up however we want.
Currently you can set the general speed of the animations on the settings, but it seems to me that you want a feature to speed and advance stages of the scenes at will, while the scenes are playing, if I understood correctly. That is a good feature suggestion, maybe 2 buttons on the bottom right of the scene would do the trick here.

Reactions: icelandia

Balaclava Guy

Dec 6, 2017
There's this bug after Leah is defeated and thoroughly violated till night.

Character portrait prevents interaction with buttons, which can softlock in cases like this.

• Sad
Reactions: ISven

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
Currently you can set the general speed of the animations on the settings, but it seems to me that you want a feature to speed and advance stages of the scenes at will, while the scenes are playing, if I understood correctly. That is a good feature suggestion, maybe 2 buttons on the bottom right of the scene would do the trick here.
Could also go with the Renpy route of just holding Left CTRL for skipping texts or animations, feels like that's a much better option than having buttons on top of whatever is being animated, less stuff for you to worry about.

Reactions: eroism

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Just uploaded a new version, v0.26. Only contains fixes for 2 of the first reported problems, but the remaining fixes will be included on the next version.

Currently I'm working on the Parasite Beast scenes with Bzshr's upscaled CGs. I think the CGs already went in the binary with version v0.26, thus the increase in size to 400 MBs.

Changelog:
v0.26
(MOD) Upscaled face images by x2
(MOD) Upscaled Leah's portraits by x2
(MOD) Sexual attack chance based on lust (25% at lower lust and 50% at highest)
(MOD) Successfully resisting a sexual attack resets lust to 40%
(FIX) Can't take screenshots during scenes with F3
(FIX) Pressing on the cards during map transitions
(FIX) Loading a save game after returning to the main menu
(ADD) Wharf Roach G battles
(ADD) Wharf Roach game over scene

swag_lord

Nov 13, 2021
Just uploaded a new version, v0.26. Only contains fixes for 2 of the first reported problems, but the remaining fixes will be included on the next version.

Currently I'm working on the Parasite Beast scenes with Bzshr's upscaled CGs. I think the CGs already went in the binary with version v0.26, thus the increase in size to 400 MBs.

Changelog:
v0.26
(MOD) Upscaled face images by x2
(MOD) Upscaled Leah's portraits by x2
(MOD) Sexual attack chance based on lust (25% at lower lust and 50% at highest)
(MOD) Successfully resisting a sexual attack resets lust to 40%
(FIX) Can't take screenshots during scenes with F3
(FIX) Pressing on the cards during map transitions
(FIX) Loading a save game after returning to the main menu
(ADD) Wharf Roach G battles
(ADD) Wharf Roach game over scene
What a fast update for a nostalgic game keep up the good work bud

Reactions: Daioh and eroism

yunasenna

Dec 10, 2019
Now this is what I am talking about! Someone who appreciates a classic game and turning it back into gem! Thank god Cardwidth won't be an issues no more. I waited eons for this game to get onto a platform that is a lot easier to use. Thank you so much for doing this and if you need support on this project, I am willing to donate to keep this game active for a long time! Keep up the good work. :D

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
New bug found: Wharf G Game Over ending - prompt to ask to load the latest save did nothing, hard locking the game since you can't interact with anything else.

max_002

Mar 30, 2019
the menu/interface needs to be edited: at first there is access to the inventory for a while, then it disappears.

deviant37

Aug 1, 2019
Thank you so much for this, this is a blast from the distant past for me and I do not want to go through the nightmare of setting up cardwirth to play it ever again.

Impregnator

Dec 26, 2019
It's not working for me .-.
I can't do anything on the workbench and whenever I try to load a save, the game freezes

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Bugs i've noticed:

- During fights, the following buttons seem to do nothing/have no effect; Bandage (which i assume is healing), Escape, Parry.
- Randomly, the bottom left portrait of the character will bug out, forcing you to save, leave the game, and load that save.
- Without warning, some cockroaches will be immune to damage.
- Inspecting the beach only ever gives salt and nothing else (Unaware if this is a missing feature or not)
- Randomly, the mouse will get stuck when interacting with the workbench (is the workbench also a missing feature?)
- Sometimes the parasite/pregnancy tracker won't do anything
- Upon reaching the cockroach bad end, the game asks if i would like to load a save. If i click yes, the game hard locks.

there aren't really any others that other people haven't mentioned. I'm hoping a lot of the missing features make a show soon, this game is great but it feels really, really empty right now.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Uploaded a new version with the Parasite Beasts and a bunch of fixes for reported bugs. As soon as I finished the Parasite Beast scenes I came to upload the update and saw people reporting the Wharf Roach game over hard locking problem... So I went to fix that first, it seemed a bit urgent compared to the other fixes I still have to do :ROFLMAO:.

This version should improve things slightly, although most of the time was spent recreating the Parasite Beast scenes and events into the game, which is the most time consuming aspect of this remake. Besides this, there is the chance that I've added more bugs to the game, the ones from the kind that cannot be tagged as insect.

Changelog:
v0.31
(MOD) Moved skip sleep scenes option to first prompt
(MOD) Crafting options now report as not implemented
(MOD) Adjusted action chances for enemies during combat
(MOD) Leah informs if the escape attempt failed
(FIX) Selecting combat actions before all enemies show up
(FIX) Journal button breaks after leaving a battle
(FIX) Scenes not resetting lust to 0
(FIX) Wharf Roach game over from hard locking the game
(ADD) Battle music for the Forest area
(ADD) Parasite Beast battles and pelt item
(ADD) Parasite Beast scenes (consent/forced/lost/escape failed) (upscaled by x3)

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks for the update. Nice to see the Parasite beasts scenes added, those are great. However, without the shop, there's no way of reducing lewdness, so we'll eventually get locked on the consent scenes, do you mind if you add a temporary way of reducing lewdness until the shop gets added?

EDIT: Also fight commands still wonky. Found the cause, as soon as you start attacking any of the bugs, you're currently locked on a state of "attack", ignoring everything else. To use other commands, you need to go back to clicking the bug, click Cancel, then use the other commands.
I believe a fix that you can do is to remove all states after every turn so that it prevents getting locked on the attack state.

EDIT2: Wharf Roach high lewdness / consent scene fails to activate. She "invites" the bugs but scene doesn't trigger, and her lust just piles up.

Last edited:

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Bugs i've noticed:

- During fights, the following buttons seem to do nothing/have no effect; Bandage (which i assume is healing), Escape, Parry.
- Randomly, the bottom left portrait of the character will bug out, forcing you to save, leave the game, and load that save.
- Without warning, some cockroaches will be immune to damage.
- Inspecting the beach only ever gives salt and nothing else (Unaware if this is a missing feature or not)
- Randomly, the mouse will get stuck when interacting with the workbench (is the workbench also a missing feature?)
- Sometimes the parasite/pregnancy tracker won't do anything
- Upon reaching the cockroach bad end, the game asks if i would like to load a save. If i click yes, the game hard locks.

there aren't really any others that other people haven't mentioned. I'm hoping a lot of the missing features make a show soon, this game is great but it feels really, really empty right now.
Thank you for the feedback, all the bugs are welcome on this thread :LOL:.

Regarding the beach, the original game only provided salt on the area, so for now, it will remain faithful, until other uses are found for that region, if any are found, that is. When it comes to the workbench, it is not yet implemented, but the new update already informs of this when you try to interact with any craftable item.

Thanks for the update. Nice to see the Parasite beasts scenes added, those are great. However, without the shop, there's no way of reducing lewdness, so we'll eventually get locked on the consent scenes, do you mind if you add a temporary way of reducing lewdness until the shop gets added?

EDIT: Also fight commands still wonky. Found the cause, as soon as you start attacking any of the bugs, you're currently locked on a state of "attack", ignoring everything else. To use other commands, you need to go back to clicking the bug, click Cancel, then use the other commands.
I believe a fix that you can do is to remove all states after every turn so that it prevents getting locked on the attack state.

EDIT2: Wharf Roach high lewdness / consent scene fails to activate. She "invites" the bugs but scene doesn't trigger, and her lust just piles up.
Good suggestion, I'll add a card somewhere to refresh the lewdness level until the shop is implemented.

Also, good catch, I'll look into the battle system next to correct the bugs related to the locked actions. The case with the Wharf Roach consent scenes can be due to changes I did for the Parasite Beast scenes. The base system that I made is shared between every scene, so a bug in an event scene has a high probability of affecting other similar events.

any bug scenes during sleep?
also anyone know where i can find the og game
Not yet, but there will be. You can check the original game for all the scenes that will, eventually, exist in this remake.

The link is in the front page, under the overview, but I'll copy it here for simplicity's sake: Mushi no Kangoku.

Reactions: Daioh
4.30 star(s) 3 Votes