Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.40] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Bernvictim

Jan 30, 2018
You have removed the casual filter from this game. Apparently changing locale to Japan and following a photo guide is too difficult for the average f95 user lmfao

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
You have removed the casual filter from this game. Apparently changing locale to Japan and following a photo guide is too difficult for the average f95 user lmfao
Sorry about that :LOL:.

But there are also other technical limitations imposed by such a type of specific out-of-the-box game engine like CardWirth, that are easily overcome with more low level and cross platform game engines. As a good example, you will find that running CardWirth or CardWirthPy on linux is quite difficult, even when using wine or bottles.

Also CardWirth chops frames on AMD processors (which I have), and in my environment at least, CardWirthPy was not detectable by any version of Locale Emulator, and I'm not changing the locale of the whole OS for a single piece of software. Having said that, I played the original game with chopped FPS, but still enjoyed it :).

• Haha
Reactions: Bernvictim

saviliana

Aug 30, 2017
escape function isn't working, and why is the wharf roaches kept coming up with full 5 rosters? The original had 1-7 random encounters

Rule79

Jun 18, 2019
Uploaded a new version with the Parasite Beasts and a bunch of fixes for reported bugs. As soon as I finished the Parasite Beast scenes I came to upload the update and saw people reporting the Wharf Roach game over hard locking problem... So I went to fix that first, it seemed a bit urgent compared to the other fixes I still have to do :ROFLMAO:.

This version should improve things slightly, although most of the time was spent recreating the Parasite Beast scenes and events into the game, which is the most time consuming aspect of this remake. Besides this, there is the chance that I've added more bugs to the game, the ones from the kind that cannot be tagged as insect.

Changelog:
v0.31
(MOD) Moved skip sleep scenes option to first prompt
(MOD) Crafting options now report as not implemented
(MOD) Adjusted action chances for enemies during combat
(MOD) Leah informs if the escape attempt failed
(FIX) Selecting combat actions before all enemies show up
(FIX) Journal button breaks after leaving a battle
(FIX) Scenes not resetting lust to 0
(FIX) Wharf Roach game over from hard locking the game
(ADD) Battle music for the Forest area
(ADD) Parasite Beast battles and pelt item
(ADD) Parasite Beast scenes (consent/forced/lost/escape failed) (upscaled by x3)
Thanks for the update.

Will there be updates to beast pet in future?

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
escape function isn't working, and why is the wharf roaches kept coming up with full 5 rosters? The original had 1-7 random encounters
I have the idea of Wharf Roaches always being in parties of 5, but I'll double check on the original game's data.

What problem are you facing with the escape action? Is it not clickable or is the button ignored?

Thanks for the update.

Will there be updates to beast pet in future?
You are referring to the one that unlocks the doghouse right? Oniku, I think was the name. Yes it will be in the next 2 to 3 updates most likely. Right now I'm working on the worm parasites scenes for the next version, so the pet will only be added after that.

Reactions: Rule79
Dec 26, 2021
View attachment 3723377

Overview:
This is a remake of Atella's (Mr.183) CardWirth game, Mushi no Kangoku.
Leah is an adventurer that takes a request to find a missing survey team on a mysterious recently discovered island. The problem with the request is that the island is home to many giant insects, that are more than happy to welcome Leah, in ways that she is probably not expecting...​

Thread Updated: 2024-06-15
Release Date: 2024-06-10
Developer: Eroism
Original Developer: Mr. 183
Censored: No
Version: 0.31
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: MEGA - -
Linux: MEGA - -

Thanks to Atella (Mr.183) for his permission and CGs for the remake. Thanks to Bzshr for the upscaled CGs.

View attachment 3723380 View attachment 3723381 View attachment 3723382 View attachment 3723383 View attachment 3738649
Nobody has been able to infect me with parasites or impregnate me with eggs.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019

DO NOT click these links for your safety. These links are fake and masked, the actual link goes somewhere else.

EDIT: It seems the post was removed, but still be careful of random links in this and other threads.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018
I have the idea of Wharf Roaches always being in parties of 5, but I'll double check on the original game's data.

What problem are you facing with the escape action? Is it not clickable or is the button ignored?

You are referring to the one that unlocks the doghouse right? Oniku, I think was the name. Yes it will be in the next 2 to 3 updates most likely. Right now I'm working on the worm parasites scenes for the next version, so the pet will only be added after that.

Great that this gem of a game is getting a remake. I played the original for quite some time, and despite it being a great game it was sadly very much left in an unfinished state by the original dev.

Examples of content that was promised but never delivered in the original;

- A pregnancy progression system was promised but never developed,together with no CG's of leah actually being pregnant
having been added ever into the game,

- The story would be expanded, but it always remained non existent in the original

- No end game content. no real in game goal to work towards to except for just finding all the scenes in every area and thats it.

So the biggest question i have for you is if you are going to remake and finish the game as it was intended, with all promised mechanics added to it, or are you only going to do a remake of the exact same content the game had when it was dropped by the Original dev?

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Great that this gem of a game is getting a remake. I played the original for quite some time, and despite it being a great game it was sadly very much left in an unfinished state by the original dev.

Examples of content that was promised but never delivered in the original;

- A pregnancy progression system was promised but never developed,together with no CG's of leah actually being pregnant
having been added ever into the game,

- The story would be expanded, but it always remained non existent in the original

- No end game content. no real in game goal to work towards to except for just finding all the scenes in every area and thats it.

So the biggest question i have for you is if you are going to remake and finish the game as it was intended, with all promised mechanics added to it, or are you only going to do a remake of the exact same content the game had when it was dropped by the Original dev?
As I stated in some other reply, the main objective is to restore the original content in an improved way. Once that point is reached, I would like to expand upon what exists, but there are some limitations that need to be resolved for that, mainly the lack of further CGs for more game scenes.

Other smaller, but still relevant problems would be to write a small story that makes sense in the context of the game, to fill in that void (I've attempted to start this with the initial message when Leah arrives at the beach, just to create some very minor world building), more areas, those cut mechanics and a conclusion/goal, like you said.

For now however I want to focus on reaching the original's game point. After that I'll see the "if" and "how" to proceed.

Aug 15, 2018
As I stated in some other reply, the main objective is to restore the original content in an improved way. Once that point is reached, I would like to expand upon what exists, but there are some limitations that need to be resolved for that, mainly the lack of further CGs for more game scenes.

Other smaller, but still relevant problems would be to write a small story that makes sense in the context of the game, to fill in that void (I've attempted to start this with the initial message when Leah arrives at the beach, just to create some very minor world building), more areas, those cut mechanics and a conclusion/goal, like you said.

For now however I want to focus on reaching the original's game point. After that I'll see the "if" and "how" to proceed.

Thanks for the very fast reply.

Seeing how fast you upload updates for it and how you communicate with other fans of the game, i firmly believe the remake is in good hands.

I wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: Raindancer

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Nobody has been able to infect me with parasites or impregnate me with eggs.
Currently impregnation is just the hatching of eggs on the end of the Wharf Roach's consent scene. The parasites are not yet implemented, but you'll probably be able to check them out in the next update ;).

Thanks for the very fast reply.

Seeing how fast you upload updates for it and how you communicate with other fans of the game, i firmly believe the remake is in good hands.

I wish you the best of luck.
Thank you for the support!

Hopefully, at the very least, we'll have an enhanced version of the original work :). I've been putting some serious hours into this remake however, so I'll probably have to take a break between the next few updates.

xxfirxx

Nov 11, 2018
Currently impregnation is just the hatching of eggs on the end of the Wharf Roach's consent scene. The parasites are not yet implemented, but you'll probably be able to check them out in the next update ;).

Thank you for the support!

Hopefully, at the very least, we'll have an enhanced version of the original work :). I've been putting some serious hours into this remake however, so I'll probably have to take a break between the next few updates.
King, you dropped this... *picks up crown from ground and hands it to eroism*. Not all heroes wear capes. Keep it up!

• Red Heart
Reactions: eroism

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Made a pause from converting scenes to work on the skip/fast-forward suggestion. Currently I have this new test idea where the scene can be fast forwarded by x8 while pressing the right mouse button, the speed goes back to normal immediately after the button is released.

To indicate that the scene is in FF mode, an icon appears on the top right of the screen. The icon does not blink or fade in and out in order to not catch much attention. What do you guys think?

screenshotdead.png

EDIT: The next version will have the Wharf Roach scenes upscaled as well, whence the difference of the scene's quality, in case any one wonders.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Daioh and Bzshr

Bernvictim

Jan 30, 2018
Sorry about that :LOL:.

But there are also other technical limitations imposed by such a type of specific out-of-the-box game engine like CardWirth, that are easily overcome with more low level and cross platform game engines. As a good example, you will find that running CardWirth or CardWirthPy on linux is quite difficult, even when using wine or bottles.

Also CardWirth chops frames on AMD processors (which I have), and in my environment at least, CardWirthPy was not detectable by any version of Locale Emulator, and I'm not changing the locale of the whole OS for a single piece of software. Having said that, I played the original game with chopped FPS, but still enjoyed it :).
Well I appreciate what you're doing anyway. This game holds a special place in my sick perverted chest so at least it's more accessible now.

Reactions: eroism

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Is it possible to port this to Android?
It is possible, if there is demand for this I don't mind setting things up to also build for Android, however I won't be able to test the APK. Not because I don't want to, but because of the total workload and time consumption.

So the final result would be an untested Android game where I can only offer limited support and bug fixing.

Reactions: tusenpai
4.30 star(s) 3 Votes