Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.60] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Next update will include a scene with urination. Should a toggle be added to skip urination part?

• No, let it rain

Votes: 115 16.5%
  • Yes, default to ON

Votes: 296 42.5%
  • Yes, default to OFF

Votes: 286 41.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Ben-

Feb 11, 2020
I'm pretty sure it did here is a link
I think this scene was one of the many promises that were in Mushi no Kangoku, most likely he created the scene to add it eventually in the game but never did, surely you could find it in the recall room of the original game.
Knowing that the animation already exists, maybe eroism will implement it once the game reaches the point where the original was.

draspen

Dec 5, 2017
1. Medusa fight is bugged, it happened twice to me already. First time it froze completely, second time my character didn't load into fight, I was able to click medusa portraits but no options available.
2. Leave button is all over the place, it should be in the same spot on every screen so we could chain click it to go back to cabin wherever we are.
3. Options button is in the right bottom corner and the same size as other buttons, I can't count how many times I have accidentaly clicked on it :D Honestly, the Leave button should be there.
4. The cabin has an unnecessary screen transition to bedroom, everything should fit on one screen.
5. I managed to gather 3 iron ore for my pickaxe, crafted it, mined one more ore and it broke. Seems a bit unbalanced.

All in all it's a good game, looking forward to it and wishing you good luck. Something different than a countless RPGM or Ren'Py clone.

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
1. Medusa fight is bugged, it happened twice to me already. First time it froze completely, second time my character didn't load into fight, I was able to click medusa portraits but no options available.
2. Leave button is all over the place, it should be in the same spot on every screen so we could chain click it to go back to cabin wherever we are.
3. Options button is in the right bottom corner and the same size as other buttons, I can't count how many times I have accidentaly clicked on it :D Honestly, the Leave button should be there.
4. The cabin has an unnecessary screen transition to bedroom, everything should fit on one screen.
5. I managed to gather 3 iron ore for my pickaxe, crafted it, mined one more ore and it broke. Seems a bit unbalanced.

All in all it's a good game, looking forward to it and wishing you good luck. Something different than a countless RPGM or Ren'Py clone.

What do you mean by Medusa? The jellyfish? If so, yeah they are pretty broken right now. Eroism managed to locate the error so maybe next Version is more stable.

I agree, leave Button should be in the same place.

I dont mind the bedroom / cabin split. Merging them would result in a screen full of Buttons.

My pickaxe broke after 2 uses. It sucks but that's RNG for you.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I'm pretty sure it did here is a link
This scene exists in the game files and it is possible to play it in the recall menu, however it was never implemented in the actual game. There are 2 or 3 scenes in the same state, like the Dragonfly one, which I would like to incorporate in the remake as playable scenes.

This kinds of additions will probably be left to after version 1.0, when the original game's point is reached, but I still have to investigate how to integrate them and how well can they be used, for example the Dragonfly one is extremely limited, it is the size of the sleep animations (or even shorter, I don't remember correctly right now).

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019

Thank you for the feedback :).

In the current version there are issues with the auto battle and H scenes during battles, which will be fixed in next version, v0.65, assuming those are the issues you are facing.

Personally I prefer the contextual positioning of the buttons in relation to the environment, which was also one of the first suggestions for the game, but I can understand the frustration. Some screens have a "Return to Cabin" button that you press to immediately go back, I can add that to the remaining screens as to always have the option to "fast travel" back to the cabin.

The size of the menu button is a good point, it is the same size as any other menu item, since it is one, but if it distracts or leads to missclicks, it is possible to half its size.

The cabin gets too cluttered if all actions are on the same space, but it is also a staple from the original game. I don't think I might make a change here, unless by popular demand the separation is deemed more trouble than not.

Sorry about your pickaxe experience. The drop ratio was already changed significantly so you can craft a new pickaxe roughly every 5 days, even so, RNG is unpredictable and that 0.3% break chance is still higher than 0, so it is inevitable that it will eventually happen. Some are lucky and only have it break after 333 uses, others have it break after the first :LOL:.

draspen

Dec 5, 2017
What do you mean by Medusa? The jellyfish?
Yeah, I forgot it's called jellyfish in english, in my language it's medusa ;)

Sorry about your pickaxe experience. The drop ratio was already changed significantly so you can craft a new pickaxe roughly every 5 days, even so, RNG is unpredictable and that 0.3% break chance is still higher than 0, so it is inevitable that it will eventually happen. Some are lucky and only have it break after 333 uses, others have it break after the first :LOL:.
Is it possible to code it so you have guaranteed ~5 uses before the break chance formula kicks in? Just to get your materials back at least. Also, maybe dismantle broken pick for 1 wood and 1 iron?

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Yeah, I forgot it's called jellyfish in english, in my language it's medusa ;)

Is it possible to code it so you have guaranteed ~5 uses before the break chance formula kicks in? Just to get your materials back at least. Also, maybe dismantle broken pick for 1 wood and 1 iron?
If I understood correctly you would like to have 5 guaranteed uses per pickaxe. It is certainly possible. I don't know if such a solution wouldn't require a UI element to indicate how many uses are left on your pickaxe and such. If you have several pickaxes it also becomes more redundant because it won't impact your ability to mine as long as you have pickaxes on the inventory.

What about each pick axe having 2 lives instead? That way you have a second chance of still using the pickaxe but can keep in mind the next time the break chance hits, you will lose that pickaxe. With this, the chance of loosing the pickaxe in the first use drops from 0.3% to 0.09%, doesn't make it impossible to happen of course, but makes it more unlikely.

edit: The disassemble of the broken pickaxe could also be an interesting feature, but I think that would increase the ease of building pickaxes, which, I think, reduces the need for multiple lifes or guaranteed hits.

-Ben-

Feb 11, 2020
Hi eroism I don't know if this is a bug but every time I get a mushroom when the dialog of having found it ends it starts a battle with any monster in the forest, is this something intentional?

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Hi eroism I don't know if this is a bug but every time I get a mushroom when the dialog of having found it ends it starts a battle with any monster in the forest, is this something intentional?
Read the dialogue - it definitely is intentional. As in the mushroom-humping if her lust is too high.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Yes, the original event is also tied to the monster encounter, as far as I understood. Basically encountering a monster has a 20% chance of also yielding a mushroom, prior to the battle. I left it as it was in this regard.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes