Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
I dunno, I don't agree about Zack... the whole point is that Zack is just a fuckin idiot and he's beyond "saving", so that no matter what, he'll "betray" you, even if you were nice to him, because he's an immature, insecure kid.

I kind of like it as is, although I wish Nyx would have written Zack in a more sympathetic light so that it stung even more when he "betrays" you no matter what.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
The Zach issue comes from Nyx's change of plans from her original story. Zach was setting up what was meant to be an amicable meeting between MC and Ethan, so it was never planned to be a betrayal. However because Nyx decided to cut the option of teaming up with Ethan and corrupting Erynn it automatically became MC going against Ethan and therefore it becomes a betrayal from Zach.
And more people are happy about this change than those who would betray Erynn... Making a "stupid" out of a pussy-loving MC, whom all girls love, would not have been a smart idea... Of course, this "stupid" character also has the gamer audience... But this current version suits me and I don't mind not having a "traitor friend"...

Reactions: Talmadge

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
And more people are happy about this change than those who would betray Erynn... Making a "stupid" out of a pussy-loving MC, whom all girls love, would not have been a smart idea... Of course, this "stupid" character also has the gamer audience... But this current version suits me and I don't mind not having a "traitor friend"...
It's worrying that there's so many changes from her original plans though, not just the lack of corruption storyline but also Nikki was meant to be killed in the car incident and Alexis was meant to be a one fuck character. The more the story diverges from the original plan the less likely the game will be completed or at least will be completed in a satisfactory way, most of her planned endgame has now changed with characters who weren't meant to be involved will have to now be involved and with Erynn the corruption storyline being tamed that's going to be changed significantally too.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It's worrying that there's so many changes from her original plans though, not just the lack of corruption storyline but also Nikki was meant to be killed in the car incident and Alexis was meant to be a one fuck character. The more the story diverges from the original plan the less likely the game will be completed or at least will be completed in a satisfactory way, most of her planned endgame has now changed with characters who weren't meant to be involved will have to now be involved and with Erynn the corruption storyline being tamed that's going to be changed significantally too.
While I do like this (or did, still not restarted it yet), this is always an issue with VN's that are not actually written in full first (story). If you just make up the story as it goes along, it will always have problems, always. Write your story, stick to it (and tell dissenters to go feck themselves) and don't change it unnecessarily.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Yes, I know the original version of Nikki and Alex, as well as the corruption of Erynn...Okay, now I'm going to be biased, I love all three characters, so if the original version had remained, I wouldn't have a beautiful girlfriend Nikki, who might be pregnant...I wouldn't be nice to Alex, who probably has the most content in the game...And wouldn't it be lovable and cute Erynn who I chase on her solo journey...So I'm very happy about that and of course that's just me...Surely she would be a nice and cute girl instead if the old version would have remained, but we know that it is never the players, but the authors, who decide what to implement...And that is fine...And are the changes worrying? Forget it, because they were just plans... The finished version is here and everyone has to accept it, whether they like it or not...

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
It gets really nasty with him witnessing Valeria licking the MCs face.
The guy is dying inside.
I could see that causing intense jealousy for Zach, but what I found so nasty was how ALL the girls treat Zach during the game. The "lick/kiss your own hand" kind of thing. It's a party drinking game.....I know that scene probably wont offend the typical f95 player because they gobble up this kind of "cut other guys down to ensure mc success", but I found it way too mean-spirited.
The Zach issue comes from Nyx's change of plans from her original story. Zach was setting up what was meant to be an amicable meeting between MC and Ethan, so it was never planned to be a betrayal. However because Nyx decided to cut the option of teaming up with Ethan and corrupting Erynn it automatically became MC going against Ethan and therefore it becomes a betrayal from Zach.
Yeah this is what I meant by
Though this also could just be a side effect of avn writing bending over backwards to not offend delicate flowers, if ya know what I mean.
Problem is this kind of story sterilization leads to things seeming out of place or odd, it's like an example I posted in another thread imagining a war movie with all the good guy deaths taken out.

I'm not suggesting I would have loved a Erynn corruption story, she's one of my favorites, and usually do the romance path with her. But at least more choices would make the game feel more impactful. Imagine how much more meaningful an Erynn romance path would be if you knew that without your intervention, she'd basically become a call girl for Ethan, hating her life between liasons - but instead you rescued her.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I could see that causing intense jealousy for Zach, but what I found so nasty was how ALL the girls treat Zach during the game. The "lick/kiss your own hand" kind of thing. It's a party drinking game.....I know that scene probably wont offend the typical f95 player because they gobble up this kind of "cut other guys down to ensure mc success", but I found it way too mean-spirited.
Personally don't mind if there's male friend for MC that gets in on some action with LI MC isn't pursuing, but sadly in many cases the male sidekick/friend is really intolerable. Either he is extremely immature jackass, or pure idiot that makes things worse everytime they try to help. For once i would like to game writers to make likeable male characters that aren't MC and don't get kicked down in the games. Sadly Zach happens to belong to the extremely immature jackass category, with little to no redeeming qualities, at least with how the plot is currently progressing.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Nyx has a written story that is completed and planned. Plans change. Renders don't work out. Assets aren't available. Soundtrack licenses can't be secured. Scenes flesh out differently when playing paths. It is difficult for a seasoned author to write a linear story that consumers are accustomed to reading. It is an entirely different beast to write a story where you have to accommodate player choices, multiple paths, and multiple endings. Being inflexible as an artist is just as dangerous as not knowing and understanding what is being created.

This VN has already reached further, achieved more, and gone on longer than most VNs on this forum. Sure, it has many moments where things don't quite match up or align perfectly. I have read better stories, but they are much shorter and have fewer characters. I have seen better renders but most of those stories are incomplete, have been reworked, and have little to no growth or updates. I don't see Nyx walking away from this story without completing it. Changes are inevitable. And, compared with the earliest ideas Nyx had for this story, I am significantly happier knowing she has made those changes.

I want to say I am surprised by the couple of people who are upset that Zack becoming a betraying douchebag was "forced" on them. But this is F95. If there is nothing to complain about, people will literally create reasons. Betrayal fits right into the dramatic playbook of this VN. I certainly appreciate that more than a corruption story. Nikki being killed by the car would have made the story more manageable, I am sure. It would certainly change the flavor. And we would have had to say goodbye to a much-loved character. There are still surprises ahead. Someone is going to die. I, for one, do not want to let any of the love interests go.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
You may have a point here, if you became Ethan's friend there wouldn't be a forced fight with Zach... still the decision to ditch the corruption storyline was taken a long time ago and Nyx kept going with the story until things got to a point Zach betrays you no matter what choices you made...
Since people play this game multiple times(me included) it's easy to see that the illusion of choice breaking there.
Lots of people watched the scene at first and thought, maybe if i wasn't going for Valeria or played nicer with him he would side with me, but no...
To sum up a lot of us could understand his motivations if Zach only did that if you were undercutting him with Valeria, but since it happens all the time... it makes him a even worst more unlikeable character.

The girls are absolutely nasty to him, making no secrets they don't want him there...
Even before the truth or dare scene there's a photo by the pool scene where all the girls happily pose around the MC but then leave when it's time to take a picture with Zach...
I know this symbolizes how he's striking out with the girls... but damn, can't the girls at least pretend they don't hate him and wish he wasn't there instead of being unnecessarily nasty.
As far as i know, most girls at least fake it a little bit instead of openly being mean to a guy they dislike(You could've kept the meaness limited to Elena, i think it makes sense with how she is, not with the others).

This has long been a discussion, just like most male devs treat their female characters as slot machines, Nyx seems to often make men evil and stupid and just not care for them... like she can't relate at all.
At least now we have John who is a good dude.

dude, why would you? her signature move in bed is the corpse...
she lays there and lets you do all the work!
It's normal that girls that aren't super experienced(she broke up with her boyfriend after one time it seems) aren't super active in bed.
But we can hope that she's "teachable" that's the dream right? A girl with preferences you helped mold!!!!

Yes, I know the original version of Nikki and Alex, as well as the corruption of Erynn...Okay, now I'm going to be biased, I love all three characters, so if the original version had remained, I wouldn't have a beautiful girlfriend Nikki, who might be pregnant...I wouldn't be nice to Alex, who probably has the most content in the game...And wouldn't it be lovable and cute Erynn who I chase on her solo journey...So I'm very happy about that and of course that's just me...Surely she would be a nice and cute girl instead if the old version would have remained, but we know that it is never the players, but the authors, who decide what to implement...And that is fine...And are the changes worrying? Forget it, because they were just plans... The finished version is here and everyone has to accept it, whether they like it or not...
While Alexis and Nikki would be gone(and one of them burried), Erynn would still have a romance path, of course with people being how they are she'd probably get even nastier comments and be judged by how she acts on the path where you are trying to break her rather then when you are nice to her lol.

I just think that in shelving the corruption route Nyx created a story that is kinda "Meh", she's being forced into being arm candy for old guys, it sucks for her, but it's innofensive to players, it won't "damage her" for most... there's a sextape(grabbed against her will) with her but most importantly she never took a ride on our arch nemesis Ethan.
By ditching the corruption we ended up with a very safe storyline that is fairly boring and an annoyance, i just want to solve it already, don't care how... so i can progress the Erynn route.

Nyx has a written story that is completed and planned. Plans change. Renders don't work out. Assets aren't available. Soundtrack licenses can't be secured. Scenes flesh out differently when playing paths. It is difficult for a seasoned author to write a linear story that consumers are accustomed to reading. It is an entirely different beast to write a story where you have to accommodate player choices, multiple paths, and multiple endings. Being inflexible as an artist is just as dangerous as not knowing and understanding what is being created.

This VN has already reached further, achieved more, and gone on longer than most VNs on this forum. Sure, it has many moments where things don't quite match up or align perfectly. I have read better stories, but they are much shorter and have fewer characters. I have seen better renders but most of those stories are incomplete, have been reworked, and have little to no growth or updates. I don't see Nyx walking away from this story without completing it. Changes are inevitable. And, compared with the earliest ideas Nyx had for this story, I am significantly happier knowing she has made those changes.
That won't stop people speculating on what could've been or could this have been done better(and i don't think people should get defensive towards this criticism either, if it's not your thing just go for the next topic)...
The fact that it's a well documented fact that there were so many changes to the original plans just gives people an easy target for speculation on why things turned out in a certain way.

Last edited:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019

I want to say I am surprised by the couple of people who are upset that Zack becoming a betraying douchebag was "forced" on them. But this is F95. If there is nothing to complain about, people will literally create reasons. Betrayal fits right into the dramatic playbook of this VN. I certainly appreciate that more than a corruption story. Nikki being killed by the car would have made the story more manageable, I am sure. It would certainly change the flavor. And we would have had to say goodbye to a much-loved character. There are still surprises ahead. Someone is going to die. I, for one, do not want to let any of the love interests go.
It would do the game world of good, if Nyx after they change plans which cause scenes not work as originally intended, then went on and fixed the parts that don't work anymore as intended. While i do enjoy the game, there's some really great moments in the game and overall it has good flow. But it's obvious that perhaps Nyx has bitten more than they can chew with the complexity of story and characters, if they can't keep the flow of story and scenes working as intended. Perhaps it's a thing they could fix by spending more time on it instead of new content, but i'm guessing that isn't something that is going to happen any time soon.

The best and most memorable VNs here, that i know of, keep it within reason. With the writer/dev knowing not to reach for the stars if they can't exactly pull it off. As the old saying goes "A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
The complaint about the Zach betrayal scene is that even if you were the most loyal/helpful of friends, completely team Zach, he still betrays you.
If you do go for Valeria his anger is understandable.
I guess our MC is a lot like Lexi in some ways. MC: Touche Lexi ... ;):p

Personally don't mind if there's male friend for MC that gets in on some action with LI MC isn't pursuing, but sadly in many cases the male sidekick/friend is really intolerable. Either he is extremely immature jackass, or pure idiot that makes things worse everytime they try to help. For once i would like to game writers to make likeable male characters that aren't MC and don't get kicked down in the games. Sadly Zach happens to belong to the extremely immature jackass category, with little to no redeeming qualities, at least with how the plot is currently progressing.
Aside from John, I wish Nyx would write in more present day scenes with the MC's real best bud, Nathan. He's at least closer to a likeable, more mature male character who even calls out the MC when he does stupid shit (like taking that picture of Iris in the park.) But instead we're stuck with Nathan in the flashbacks only. I know he's in Alvarado, but if Nikki/Cara can visit, he could too.

Reactions: Nurikabe and LSC82

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Yeah, I'd like a game that has the MC help his best bro get the LI he's not going for himself (or even a side character) or, god forbid, go for some threesomes or orgies together. :) But no, in so many games the friend is at best comic relief.
There's a very vocal group of men that consider any sexual relationship that is not "MC and his harem" to be NTR and review bomb every game that deviates from this. I hope that the scene with Sienna has scared them away already.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
There's a very vocal group of men that consider any sexual relationship that is not "MC and his harem" to be NTR and review bomb every game that deviates from this. I hope that the scene with Sienna has scared them away already.
Thats a sad reality.

LI Having agency or a story progression outside of Mc realm of influence do scare some vocal folks.

I mean having scripted Ntr is boring, but consequences for actions like Ditching one LI for another should flourish consequence branching.

Imagine having a Zach fuelled rebound brought by breaking Layla heart.

And lets be honest without graphically showing fornication with LIs is fairly tame to accept, even the most anti ntr bro.

• Angry
Reactions: LSC82 and The D0n
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes