143 others

Dec 1, 2020
Yes as I said:
1: Set the total number of frames to 1
View attachment 2735176
2: save the scene
3: close the scene/Daz
4: Reopen the scene
5: set the total number of frames back to the number you need.

If you already animated your character:
1: go to file > Save As > Scene Subset
2: give it a name and click save
3: Only select the pieces you want to keep (e.g. the character)
4: Click accept.
5: Do the steps above
6: Delete the character that is now unanimated.
7: go to file > merge and select the separately saved character to load into the scene.
Thanks a lot dude it worked also If you could give any tips so that the rendering the animation does not take forever

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
While designing the animation you sometimes need to render the animation to see how it flows. In those cases limit the number of iterations to barely enough to see what you need to see (often 30 or less).
When rendering the full animation render in your off time. It won't go any faster while you stare at it so why not render while you are living your best life.

Unfortunately I only dabbled in animation and decided it wasn't for me. So there are probably others who can give more and better advice how to improve render times for animation. I did render the background and characters separately by using an HDRI but it made the lighting flat. So again others might be a better help there.

Reactions: 143 others

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
rendering the animation does not take forever
Not sure if it's still the way to go, not even sure if it's still working but hey.

Render your animation via the viewport to fine tune them.
Because it gonna take quite some time if you don't.

DAZStudio_OJCpNQLOEd.jpg

You should notice quickly all the problems/poke/wrong behavior.

Final render with Iray with a simple IBL without drawing it to gain copious amount of time.
Choose wisely to match your scene o/
Optional : Feather crop edges of your renders to remove darken outlines.

143 others

Dec 1, 2020
Not sure if it's still the way to go, not even sure if it's still working but hey.

Render your animation via the viewport to fine tune them.
Because it gonna take quite some time if you don't.

View attachment 2737105

You should notice quickly all the problems/poke/wrong behavior.

Final render with Iray with a simple IBL without drawing it to gain copious amount of time.
Choose wisely to match your scene o/
Optional : Feather crop edges of your renders to remove darken outlines.
Thanks dude

Evcas

Aug 29, 2019
I do more animation than stills but I do everything in 3DL, not iRay. With an uberarea diffuse light set to 128 collision samples and a couple spotlights generating shadows, renders used to take me no more than six minutes. I got a 12 core Ryzen a few months ago and renders of 400K triangle scenes now take 60-90 seconds. The thing that kills render times for me are poly counts or high instancing of transparent polys (like trees where billboards beyond a certain distance would be the way to go or out-of-control hair) or too many shadow-generating lights. When I load a hair model in Blender and get a count of 300K triangles, I know it's trouble because every ray cast is going to be traced through a hundred hair polys before the renderer knows how much shadow that ray is casting on the scalp or the wall behind. Sometimes I speed hair waay up by setting its 3DL shader to DS Metal - but that makes it cast no shadow so I can only do that sometimes. Some models will sometimes have crazy things like a tiny power outlet cover on the wall with 100K triangles in it that I can replace with two triangles and a bump map. Some content creators know about poly counts and make pretty consistent stuff, and some don't seem to know how many polys they're exporting. Get to know your poly counts - if anything, examine slow scenes in wireframe to try to find poly count offenders - and if you've got a CPU with 8 or more threads, take another look at 3DL. Here's a 34 second clip based on a GTA4 rip that I'm trying to polish up. It's pretty big and took about 26 hours to render. I should've done it as 24 frames a second instead of 30. Anyway, 3DL and a sense of poly counts and what rays are having to burrow through is my approach.

Sinful Dev

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2023
Make sure to light up your scene well. Not too bright nor too dark. Lighting is the magic key to getting faster render times.

143 others

Dec 1, 2020
HEY Guys I was working on a project and I think the results were good for a beginner I thought that I could work on it in my past time and maybe couldearn something from it but the render time is still very high like in a scene I wanted to add 3 characters but they wont load lol even two of them wont load together when ther is not even any other prop in the scene is upgrading to a beast gpu the only option for me now

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
is upgrading to a beast gpu the only option for me now
You're probably going to need to ditch the laptop if you want to work with any level of efficiency. You'll probably want to start looking at a desktop, if possible.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
HEY Guys I was working on a project and I think the results were good for a beginner I thought that I could work on it in my past time and maybe couldearn something from it but the render time is still very high like in a scene I wanted to add 3 characters but they wont load lol even two of them wont load together when ther is not even any other prop in the scene is upgrading to a beast gpu the only option for me now
"maybe couldearn something from it"
Just a caution: this is not a good reason to develop a game. The great majority of developers never earn more than a few dollars from their project. You might see some devs who appear to make a lot of money, but they are the highly visible exceptions - survivorship bias!

However, if you want to do it for your own enjoyment and you keep going and get better, then maybe one day you can be successful at making money from it.

Now, regarding your issue with loading characters: what GPU are you using? if it only has a small amount of memory (like 3gb) then it's hard to use Iray. However, you could try using the "scene optimizer" scripts to reduce memory usage. You should search for them.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
what GPU are you using? if it only has a small amount of memory (like 3gb) then it's hard to use Iray. However, you could try using the "scene optimizer" scripts to reduce memory usage. You should search for them.
Think it's in the OP, a laptop 3070.

Nov 19, 2018
God bless the day I stumbled upon this thread, and god bless you all for all the knowledge shared. This felt like a masterclass of "how to optimize daz3D scenes".
Thanks to everyone who shared tips and valuable knowledge on this post, and sorry for spamming you with likes!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: osanaiko