is it just me or do you guys also hate ai cg games?

ewret6y7utjh

Formerly 'shadowfacee'
Oct 4, 2024
man fuck ai cg games, all my homies hate ai cg games. they are so uninteresting, and i can't even past a single minute playing them. do you guys also feels the same way??

unocrus

Oct 28, 2018
Not really, but it is a little disheartening to see how quickly some of them have managed to generate revenue compared to many non-ai games.

Reactions: ewret6y7utjh

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
AI generated material isnt much different from stock material in general. This has always been around since there are computers. Early presentations all used the standard artwork for example, until others came up with more fancy stuff. Same will be true with AI material. As one can truly invest time and effort into great artwork with the help of AI, most are either not capable of it , or simply choose not to. AI isnt at fault , it is just the tool.

Last69!

Oct 11, 2023
I don't hate them just cautious around them because they still have many errors and a lot of them have this certain ''clean style'' to them that I have gotten bored already.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Are there any good AI art work games?

If the Dev is using AI art I expect the writing quality to be good otherwise there's no point its existence, you can have an AI generate the same quality if not better writing.

skyblueaster

lost little girl
Game Developer
Oct 31, 2023

If the Dev is using AI art I expect the writing quality to be good otherwise there's no point its existence, you can have an AI generate the same quality if not better writing.
Why would you expect quality from someone who doesn’t respect the materials he works with?

If anything, the quality would be lower. Since their writing is not enough to carry the work, they need to rely on AI graphics that are literally made to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Make no mistake, I think AI art is extremely good. However, the damage it has done to human creativity and expression is extensive. Our future generations will not have original thoughts or make anything without the assistance of computers.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I don't really have any ethical compunctions about playing games made with AI, but if it's gonna be that immediately-recognizable glossy 2D look, it's gonna be a point against it. I've only played one game with AI CG (that I know for sure), and it's actually well-written, with indepth gameplay mechanics. I don't hold the use of AI against a dev, because I know that unless they make the art themselves or use stock art, they'll have to pay through the nose for commissions.

This one is good, it's not my thing so I haven't played it extensively but it's an honest effort with good results imo.

Reactions: obibobi

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
I think people are rushing to jump in the hate train for AI games and there are some important point to take into account.
  • "AI cg" is not as specific as people think. AI is in itself a huge umbrella term and AI can be implemented in a lot of ways. In the art department it can also be used in different ways and in varying quantity.
  • As unocrus said we aren't going to go back to a time with no ai generated content and you have to expect more and more AI is going to be introduced to games. In relation to the previous point, AI generated images are going to only get better but also images edited with AI or partly AI generated are also going to be used a lot.
  • There can be objective criticism of AI tech but a lot of it is also subjective. If you want to avoid anything AI related that's your prerogative but for people lacking a specific skill-set it can be a way to actually create a finished product.
I dislike the way current AI cgs look, at least the anime looking ones, and I usually avoid them but I'll probably play around with AI tools when developing my own game as it has the potential to become a great help.

zqw975

Mar 8, 2020
I hate ai cg game, unless the entire game framework is as free as a chatbot, then I can tolerate AI CG generated based on my interactions at any time -- but right now there are no websites and games that can meet my needs.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
you could have just written the same question with the "cg games" at the end and i STILL would have said yes