Ren'Py Is The World Ready for Guro and Snuff Games?

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
"few" years ago i played a game where i was on island and i had to "hunt/catch" female tourists . Then bring them to witch / shaman e.c.t. . Every of them have favered some type of "girls" (blond , red haired ,europian ..... ) . Every girl was then boiled, cooked ... It was simple easy game with no too much gore , but it was canibalism ....
You can't just give a description like that and not provide a source.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
No, in the sense that there is no way to monetize it.
There is no way Patreon, Steam will touch it and not even SubscribeStar will try.

But if you want to make it for free there is no one stopping you.

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
Last I checked DLsite had nearly 800 products for sale tagged vore. Not sure with regards to guro/scat (yes they lump those two together in their tags)

People defaulted to patreon because it allows you to turn a project into a source of monthly income (regardless of whether the project is planned to ever be completed)

The trouble when it comes to sites like DLsite is that people don't tend to make many sales without a reputation so you need to finish your projects and as a new developer would be looking at maybe $50 total if it gets a few views and the primary market is Japan.

That said I've seen guro games on there by developers like Ankoku Marimokan priced at $20-$25 with over 1500 sales. I'm not sure what cut DLsite take but that shows you can monetize such a niche genre but with Paypal cutting off the most mainstream sales platforms, breaking into it is significantly harder than for a mainstream genre that is deemed acceptable by modern "liberal" standards.

Ironic that the people most keen on censorship these days call themselves liberal.

Reactions: fuckmymamarunnin

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
whoever's gonna make that game I ain't gonna judge nor stop him since it's just a game with pixel characters but I sure ain't gonna dig it

Reactions: sky100012222

DoubleDoubleV

Apr 24, 2021
You can call me a psycho, but guro, snuff and necrophilia are my favorite fetishes.
Don't get it wrong! I'm mental stable like you and won't do something like this for pleasure in real life. Remember, if you dislike something, that doesn't mean everyone does, people hide weird, terrifying and disgust fetishes. Only small group of people can tell that.
Give it a shot! I mean, why not? Better be in PC than in Real Life tho.

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
Hmm, it's interesting as at what point does a fetish become wrong? 30-40 years ago liking men and a man was wrong and would be considered wrong and you'd have to have your head checked out. It's interesting how a situation like Snuff media could theoretically be considered okay, or normalized (Not real though) if society follows the trend of what is *Was* considered to be disgusting and vile becoming normal.

Personally, I'm not a fan and I wouldn't want to associate with someone who was and I'd probably report them especially if I thought they could end up killing someone or inflicting actual harm on someone.

Jan 25, 2020
It is same like the "Extreme Cinema" genre. Only target a specific and small audience group. The world is already ready for it with so many product of Guro/Ryona art and game (me personally is a fan) but it is VERY not suitable for the mainstream media and i agree with this bcuz of this only small indie game could get developed more and more not 3A game. Imagine your child or any other kid go to Gamestop and buy a Maggot Bait there and bring it home to play or Rapelay on Steam that every children can purchase easily

Last edited:

Thoughtmaster

Mar 12, 2022
To answer the question posed at the beginning, it is unlikely to be the case, because snuff involves the ending of a story/character. If you do so to the player character, it is considered a "Game Over" and a loss for the player. This results in having such content very difficult to include for the player character. If one tries to include the content via the NPCs, said systems are usually considered part of the combat system for said game, which results in neither a bat of the eye, or a very sexual context for the event. I mean, you could mod a hack&slash game so that all the character models are nude, and that would technically be considered a snuff game, but would most people consider it as such?

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
To answer the question posed at the beginning, it is unlikely to be the case, because snuff involves the ending of a story/character. If you do so to the player character, it is considered a "Game Over" and a loss for the player. This results in having such content very difficult to include for the player character. If one tries to include the content via the NPCs, said systems are usually considered part of the combat system for said game, which results in neither a bat of the eye, or a very sexual context for the event. I mean, you could mod a hack&slash game so that all the character models are nude, and that would technically be considered a snuff game, but would most people consider it as such?
Well, Game Over Rape is surprisingly and annoyingly popular despite being utterly awful from a game design perspective. Pretty sure a bunch of those platformers on here also feature violent or even sexualised death animations.

You also forgot an ancient and highly venerated video game trope: respawning. If someone gets off on murder as a weird offshoot of domination/"ownership" then maybe it won't work as well but for the visual side and most mental torture you can just stick to a world where characters respawn. Heck even OG Groundhog Day went to straight up suicide.

An episodic "girl of the week" format wouldn't suffer any drawbacks either. No one really questions where all the victims in brothel sim/slave trainer games come from.

Basically the writing and mechanics make as much sense as in other games. But a small niche pool of fans means few people will actually have an interest in seeing hard guro implemented, and fewer still will actually follow through with a playable result.

• Sad

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Pestilencesfm, VgamesRy, and Gameoversfm seem to be have a large enough follower count to keep making snuff and guro animations so that means there is a demand to be filled for those kinks in general

• Red Heart

DoubleDoubleV

Apr 24, 2021
don't know what i should say about thoose kind of "kinks" for me it's just sick and way beyond any morality. :sick:
If it's beyond morality why am i seeing a 2500+ games with rape tag?
Is rape a normal thing to do?
Is cheating a normal thing?
Is gangbang?
Is BDSM?
IS BESTIALLITY A NORMAL THING?

That's why i hate "morals" for such bullshit, it's a hypocrited society, bruh and you live in it.