VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021
Don't know why manycomplaints about Alex she is cute and sexy she got a nice personality too. If there is no sex scene in this version many will complain about no sexual content. They will say please add harem atleast give us sex scene with Alex.

Any way letting you know dev I really loved your first release and keep up the good work. I loved both girls. Yeah waiting to see back story of Isabella. Also waiting for some badass fight scenes

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
the story looks good , but renders should be better and about the sex scenes need some rework i didn't feel that excitement.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
the story looks good , but renders should be better and about the sex scenes need some rework i didn't feel that excitement.

I'm sorry to hear that.
Perhaps you could give me some inside/hints what you didn't like?
What I could have done better.

Last edited:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
As a Dev I can tell you that is NOT going to be very helpful.

Why don't you point out a game that has GOOD sex scenes and suggest to badtimetales that this other way would be better?
Alteni

Ya, that would be helpful!

I know there are a few devs delivering better renders and animations.
But these guys have been rendering for years.

So it would be really great if you could explain what you don't like ... with the renders and the animations.
I spend a lot of time on the posing the animations because I really don't like stock scenes.
A ten seconds animation will take hours to set it up.

So... tell me what can I do better!?

Because ...
I try to do the best I can, limited by my knowledge and my hardware.

Last edited:

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I agree with some comments. In my opinion it is always better if all sex scenes are optional.

However, I really liked the scenes with Alex. If you choose the answers that guide you to this, it shows that the MC is very fond of her and that she is also very fond of the MC. And sooner rather than later, the two of them can stop being only fuck buddies and have a formal romantic relationship. I really liked Alex a lot. She is sweet and cool.

So far, physically I like Isabella better. But Alex is still very attractive. I've always liked girls with part of their heads shaved. It's hot as fuck, in my opinion.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
I tried this yesterday, I really like it so far. Nice use of animations, props to you as I've tried animating in Daz and I hated it.

Good luck on the future development of your game :)

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
props to you as I've tried animating in Daz and I hated it.
Ya, Daz animations are not really .... fun to create.

But I don't know enough about Blender and IClone might be nice, but a few hundred bucks for a hobby project?
If people like my game and support it, I will have a look at IClone and might purchase it.

Good luck on the future development of your game
Thanks. A fix for some renders and the English text will be out soon, a game update will be coming in December.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
OP updated with a fixed version of Chapter 1.

See changelog. NO NEW CONTENT!

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Dev update

Renders are going smoothly, as in as fast as my old hardware can deliver.

I've made some changes to the Ch2.1 story line.
No new background information about Wil (that's moved to Ch2.2, many renders are already done) but a lot of more story telling about Isabella.

Hey, I mean there is a reason why the game is called Isabella :)

I'll still have to render the ending scene.
You want to see a really annyoyed and upset Alex (while introducing he sister)?
That's your chance. Calm her down and perhaps ... have some fun.

I'm not giving a release date.

But it will be done this year.
That sounds dramatic .... with 28 days left.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Update

I'm working on the last scene for Chapter 2.1.

If everything goes smoothly I'll send the game out for proofreading in the middle of the next week.

So yes! The update will definitely be this month, maybe sooner than I had planned.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Some special renders will be online on Sunday :)

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
Have just gone through chapter 1 and I have to say it's very solid. I like the renders, I like the story and I like the characters. The animations and backgrounds are the real standouts for me as being very high quality. But besides that nothing is really jumping out at me, it feels like this is lacking oomph.

There are a few other minor issues that I'll go into later but I feel in general what is clearly a tremendous amount of work to make such high quality stuff and a story and characters with great potential, is being let down by coming across as vanilla. What is going to draw people in to give your game the chance it really deserves? This leaves two paths, which is shoehorning in something not vanilla, or just wait the time it takes for word to get around that this game is as good as it is. Neither of those are great options but it's what I've got for you.

As for specific feedback there isn't really a huge amount of that I can do for you, you've done quality work.

The intro video of you landing seemed a little out of context but I'm not sure there is a better alternative.

Similarly even though the videos are mostly kept to transitions and points of emphasis, sometimes the gaps between them aren't long enough and they begin to feel overused.

Finally I felt that given you have so many renders the blinking is probably unnecessary. If you were doing a game like mine where the scene can feel very static blinking and subtle movements would add a lot (speaking of which I should do that), but you have a huge number of renders so that they are constantly changing gives you enough motion in the scene, to have random blinking in an otherwise completely still scene on top of that is quite off putting.

Also maybe the text font is a little small on pc.

Reactions: badtimetales
4.60 star(s) 59 Votes